3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Advice/suggestions needed on alcohol (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/240128-advice-suggestions-needed-alcohol.html)

wildflower613 08-05-2011 10:31 PM

Advice/suggestions needed on alcohol

What is the best thing to drink to keep you as close to protocol as possible? I'm considering going to a concert tomorrow night as well as at the fair in two weeks and, well, I'm not going to stay sober for it! Yes, I know it's not allowed but please help me find the best option here. I never drink and haven't in almost two years so it won't take much. (Plus the weight loss.) I'm more interested in harder drinks than a beer or daquiri type thing. Thanks in advance! I have morals but am willing to sneak my own booze in for the sake of my diet. ;)

coliep 08-05-2011 10:35 PM

Distilled alcohol has no carbs, so that combined with soda and a splash of lemon would probably be your best bet (a good vodka for example). If you need something to change the taste (i.e. make it sweeter) bring some splenda packs with you because they won't have an appropriate diet mixer for you at a concernt. There are lower carb beers or a dry red wine are lower on the carb index as well.

coliep 08-05-2011 10:36 PM

And by soda, I mean soda water - plain old soda water not a soda pop.

Purrfect 08-05-2011 10:46 PM

If it helps, when I did the Atkins plan many years ago I used the ketostix to determine what foods would keep me in ketosis. I found that red wine and any distilled liquor was fine.
You might want to just see what it is that makes you feel you need to drink to have fun though; when I've been tempted to drink, and I don't, I find I feel alot better, socialize without sticking my foot in my mouth, don't overeat, and it gives me a boost to stay on the weight loss plan.
That said, sometimes you just have to live in the moment and allow yourself some latitude.

wildflower613 08-06-2011 12:49 AM

I started trying to conceive in Oct. 2009 and I haven't had a drink since. I'm certainly not complaining by any means. My baby is now 8 months old and I am ready for a night out. I deserve to let loose if even for just a couple of hours. Looks like the skinny girl marg will end up being best. 38/0/0 for 1.5 oz and thats probably about all it's gonna take lol!

disgal 08-06-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower613 (Post 3976371)
I started trying to conceive in Oct. 2009 and I haven't had a drink since. I'm certainly not complaining by any means. My baby is now 8 months old and I am ready for a night out. I deserve to let loose if even for just a couple of hours. Looks like the skinny girl marg will end up being best. 38/0/0 for 1.5 oz and thats probably about all it's gonna take lol!

Skinny Girl Marg....YUM!! ENJOY!!! :carrot:

JackieGee 08-06-2011 09:02 AM

Is that a mixed drink that you can buy? Sounds yummy.

However, my biggest fear with the drink wouldn't be the calories or the carbs of the drink but all the calories and carbs of the food I pig out on after I have the drink and lower my guard.

disgal 08-06-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieGee (Post 3976588)

However, my biggest fear with the drink wouldn't be the calories or the carbs of the drink but all the calories and carbs of the food I pig out on after I have the drink and lower my guard.

Yup, you can purchase it premixed in a bottle!! I actually like Jose Cuervo 100 Cal Marg drink, but it has 2.7 carbs per 1.5 oz :devil: (and 34 cal per 1.5 oz by the way).

And I totally agree....it's not that "one" drink....but the "after that one drink" that'll do you in!!;)

wildflower613 08-06-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieGee (Post 3976588)

I know this is my biggest worry. I think it would be smart to save my restricted for this time.

ItsAboutTime 08-06-2011 10:25 AM

I was told you can mix the pink lemonade shake with vodka and it's pretty good if you need a drink every now and then. I haven't tried it though.

I choose to just stay away. Mainly because I'm not a big drinker but also because of the late night pizza after being out.

Thefireresides 08-06-2011 07:16 PM

Raspberry Vodka with water and a lime slice

krazytxan 08-06-2011 08:12 PM

Rum and Diet Coke made with Splenda. 0/0/0

Purrfect 08-06-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazytxan (Post 3977291)
Rum and Diet Coke made with Splenda. 0/0/0

Now, there's a diet I can live with :cool:

crash302 08-07-2011 02:42 PM

I went camping and just drank straight rye\whiskey on ice. The hard part is staying away from the chips and etc that I want to eat when I drink

Backto20 08-08-2011 02:49 AM

Vodka, carbonated water (not tonic water or soda) and splash of real lime juice to taste.... I happen to start IP during the NHL Playoffs, start of the CFL season, Calgary Stampede and several weddings.... I found having 1-2 oz Vodka with the combination above I still lost weight. No slow down in the weightloss. Good alternative and you dont have to worry about feeling awkward when out with friends for 'drinks' and only drink water all the time. REMEMBER MODERATION is the key!