3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

On IP: What is your biggest challenge(s) with staying OP

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Emmy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 146/136/126

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Question On IP: What is your biggest challenge(s) with staying OP

Hi everyone,

I'm starting my 4th week on IP and so far, so great!

Still, like I'm sure most of you, I do have my challenges. My biggest one is drinking all the water. On a good day I get in the minimum amount. That much fluid always makes me feel nauseous and of course I spend a great deal of time taking potty breaks!

The second is eating breakfast early enough that it doesn't throw off my eating schedule for the day.

Neither of these are keeping me from my goals but they do feel like sand in my shoes!

It helps me to read what others are challenged with and how they overcome their challenges. You all are so amazing!
Emmy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
Maintenance 12/01/11
 
jennydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 985

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2"

Default

My biggest challenge is the weekends and not grazing and snacking throughout the day. When I am at work, I only have what I pack in my lunch bag, so I can only eat what I bring. At home, on the weekends, I used to grab a handful of this or that everytime I went into the kitchen. Or if my husband was snacking on chips and salsa, I would grab one here and there, etc...

So, for me, that has been the biggest hurdle. To break that habit of snacking and grazing non stop. I am in week 10, and I do have to say that the last weekend or 2, it has gotten easier. I think it has gotten easier overall to not want the high carb or high fat foods.
__________________
Started maintenance on 12/01/11
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
Porthardygurl
 
Porthardygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Port Hardy BC
Posts: 1,805

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Default

My biggest challenge is weekend..cause usually work sets a schedule for me for eating..But when its the weekend.. i lose the routine of taking a dinner break at a specific time and i lose that being busy part of my day as much..so i find myself thinking about food more on the weekend.
__________________
e
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Emmy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 146/136/126

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default

I am in week 10, and I do have to say that the last weekend or 2, it has gotten easier. I think it has gotten easier overall to not want the high carb or high fat foods.

You're doing great! Week 10 sounds so far off to me but no doubt it'll be here soon.

My husband just asked if I wanted to go to a movie then dinner so I can now add that to my challenges. So far I have kept temptation at bay by not going out too often. When I have, I always seem to rationalize the dressing on my salad as not too bad a "cheat!" I know better!

Smelling buttered popcorn was incredibly hard, I so love it! For me, not going out is easier than allowing myself to be tempted. With temps. around 111 degrees, going out isn't that appealing anyway.
Emmy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
Maintenance 12/01/11
 
jennydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 985

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2"

Default

Bring a bar or snack with you to the movies and bring some Mio (water enhancer / flavoring) to put in your bottle of water. It will at least give you the sensation of munching on something and drinking a flavored drink in place of soda.
__________________
Started maintenance on 12/01/11
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Emmy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 146/136/126

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default

Thanks Jennydoodle!

I definitely do that or I make sure I eat prior to going, which helps a lot. I went to the Harry Potter movie with my daughter this week. Had a great meal before I left the house. She had sour patch candy which I don't even like but boy did I want it! I didn't give in though. I LOVE candy, always have and until recently didn't care much for chocolate but boy has that changed. ha!

I use propel in my water when I know I'm behind on my water and it helps. The vitamin supplements are so large that I can easily get a bottle in just getting those down.

I'll have to check into the Mio. Thanks for the advice.
Emmy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 575

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Default

My biggest challenge is not grazing / snacking all day as well. I stay at home with the kids so every day is like everyone else's weekends! I used to finish what they didn't, sample what I prepared, etc. That has been a hard habit to break - both the desire to do it and inadvertantly doing it (i.e. licking my fingers while making a PBJ). Fortunately, I feed them pretty healthy things and am not too tempted by most, Peanut Butter or Almond Butter are my biggest downfalls. I actually crave it. That drives me over the edge sometimes.

As for getting the water down, I drink 16 ounces just getting all my vitamins down 2x a day. I drink 2-3 giant cups of herbal tea at night (while my husband snacks on things). I often spice up my meals (red pepper, white pepper, jalepenos) or use the sea salt to make me thirstier and so I end up downing at least 16 ounces per meal. That right there takes me to about 3 liters on average. Maybe that could help you? I also find I have dry mouth terribly on this diet . . . .
__________________
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

My biggest problem is drinking too much water. They want me to limit my water consumption to 64 to 80 oz per day. I used to get 64 oz of water in and probably 6 cans of pop in a day. I have already had 64 oz of water today and it is only noon here.
__________________
Start - 9/4/2013

M1 - 10 lbs

becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Emmy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 146/136/126

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
My biggest challenge is not grazing / snacking all day as well. I stay at home with the kids so every day is like everyone else's weekends! I used to finish what they didn't, sample what I prepared, etc. That has been a hard habit to break - both the desire to do it and inadvertantly doing it (i.e. licking my fingers while making a PBJ). Fortunately, I feed them pretty healthy things and am not too tempted by most, Peanut Butter or Almond Butter are my biggest downfalls. I actually crave it. That drives me over the edge sometimes.

As for getting the water down, I drink 16 ounces just getting all my vitamins down 2x a day. I drink 2-3 giant cups of herbal tea at night (while my husband snacks on things). I often spice up my meals (red pepper, white pepper, jalepenos) or use the sea salt to make me thirstier and so I end up downing at least 16 ounces per meal. That right there takes me to about 3 liters on average. Maybe that could help you? I also find I have dry mouth terribly on this diet . . . .
Thanks Coliep

I saw an ad for almond milk and wondered about it. I haven't tried almond butter yet, maybe I shouldn't?!

I do the water like that too and it does help. My issue is drinking a lot with a meal which I've never done. I can drink only a couple of ounces for an entire meal and I've always been that way. I have changed that though and now make sure I get in my fluids. I know it is absolutely necessary on this diet, it's just still hard for me. My trick is to do a protein drink with my lunch which seems to help in the fluid category too.

I'm not a quantity eater so a big issue for me is actually getting in 2 cups of veggies, plus salad and a protein pack. Dinner is even harder and I struggle to get it all in and usually can't. I'm good if I can get 5 oz. of any type of meat/protein in me, plus everything else. I try and save my restricted bar for after dinner so if I get hungry I can have that and feel full again.
Emmy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 575

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Default

Hmmm...that must make it hard! I have a big appetite, eat all the time and struggle only to eat what is allowed! I still have a romaine stir fry at least once if not 3x a day . . . sometimes just to keep me from eating junk and sometimes because I am just plain hungry!
__________________
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #11
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,106

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

My biggest problem is remembering to eat. I work at home and I am always doing something on the computer. I will start working and next thing I know its 3 in the afternoon and I haven't even had lunch yet, and I am not even hungry. I have my liter bottle of water right besides me and I refill it often just don't look at the time. So I have gotten in the routine of setting my cell phone to go off at 1 to eat lunch. Crazy how I forget to eat but I am just not hungry. Before IP I wouldn't eat breakfast or lunch maybe a snack around 2 then eat supper that was my biggest problem but I wasn't hungry then either. Guess I am just weird...ha..I eat more now than I did before I was on the program, its just insane! I am totally happy with my results so I will eat my 3 meals a day and snack even if I have to set my alarm to eat....haha
__________________


my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Emmy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 146/136/126

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Hmmm...that must make it hard! I have a big appetite, eat all the time and struggle only to eat what is allowed! I still have a romaine stir fry at least once if not 3x a day . . . sometimes just to keep me from eating junk and sometimes because I am just plain hungry!
I'm intrigued, what is a romaine stir fry?
Emmy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Emmy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 146/136/126

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
My biggest problem is remembering to eat. I work at home and I am always doing something on the computer. I will start working and next thing I know its 3 in the afternoon and I haven't even had lunch yet, and I am not even hungry. I have my liter bottle of water right besides me and I refill it often just don't look at the time. So I have gotten in the routine of setting my cell phone to go off at 1 to eat lunch. Crazy how I forget to eat but I am just not hungry. Before IP I wouldn't eat breakfast or lunch maybe a snack around 2 then eat supper that was my biggest problem but I wasn't hungry then either. Guess I am just weird...ha..I eat more now than I did before I was on the program, its just insane! I am totally happy with my results so I will eat my 3 meals a day and snack even if I have to set my alarm to eat....haha
I can so relate to this! My coffee with creamer is enough to curb my cravings for hours so that has been a challenge. My Mom likes to call on the weekends with a HUGE breakfast on the table and wants us to come over. (She's two doors down) I can never eat it. I just can't eat when I first get up.

I like your idea on setting your cell phone, I've been doing that too and it does help! What I love about IP is learning to eat at more regular intervals, even if I'm still struggling to do it, its positive and I know once I'm on the maintenance side, I can continue with that.
Emmy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #14
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,106

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmy8 View Post
I can so relate to this! My coffee with creamer is enough to curb my cravings for hours so that has been a challenge. My Mom likes to call on the weekends with a HUGE breakfast on the table and wants us to come over. (She's two doors down) I can never eat it. I just can't eat when I first get up.

I like your idea on setting your cell phone, I've been doing that too and it does help! What I love about IP is learning to eat at more regular intervals, even if I'm still struggling to do it, its positive and I know once I'm on the maintenance side, I can continue with that.
My boys think I am crazy because I am not hungry so I set my phone to remind me. They laugh at me every time they hear it go off if they are here. I would hate to live next to your mom, My mom lives 3 hours away and when I used to come "home" for a visit she would always cook something really good that I hadn't had in a long time and invite my 3 brothers and their families to come over as well. Now since I have started the program, she and one of my brothers are on it as well. So she doesn't cook the big meal anymore when I come home. We just have a big salad and stay OP. My other 2 brothers will come visit and that is it!
__________________


my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 575

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Default

Becca- I was just talking about this on another thread. I am terribly thirsty on this diet and have been getting 4-5 liters (on top of the 20-40 oz to make IP drinks and about 20 oz I have as coffee). I have increased the sea salt regularly, potassium on workout days (and sometimes a propel zero). Thoughts about this level of water and if there's something else I could/should be doing differently?
__________________
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Monday, 29 November 2010 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 63 11-30-2010 03:21 PM
IP Weekend Chat - 27 & 28 Nov. 2010 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 78 11-29-2010 02:23 AM
IP Daily Forum - Fri. 19 Nov. 2010 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 54 11-20-2010 03:34 PM
IP Weekly Chat July 26 - August 1 I'm svelting! Ideal Protein Diet 521 08-01-2010 10:16 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2