More Frequent TOM and birth control?

• I apologize all for the personal topic - but this is something I can really only ask fellow IP'ers. I'm part of the group that is experiencing more frequent TOM. When I started the diet 2 1/2 weeks ago, I was also finishing my TOM. Since then I've had very very light TOM and now I'm having I think another, before I'm supposed.

I know others experience this - but I'd still like reassurance that this is not a reason to stop the diet. Also, people that do experience this and are on birth control, do you just keep regularly using your birth control.

Any advice or reassurance would be GREATLY appreciated.
  • Quote: I apologize all for the personal topic - but this is something I can really only ask fellow IP'ers. I'm part of the group that is experiencing more frequent TOM. When I started the diet 2 1/2 weeks ago, I was also finishing my TOM. Since then I've had very very light TOM and now I'm having I think another, before I'm supposed.

I know others experience this - but I'd still like reassurance that this is not a reason to stop the diet. Also, people that do experience this and are on birth control, do you just keep regularly using your birth control.

Any advice or reassurance would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Yes! I'm going On three months now of appx. 14 day periods. With a day or two break between them. The first one is the week before I'm supposed to get it with the 2nd one the week I would normally get it. I was really hoping it would have stopped by now. Don't like having Tom for half of the entire month! My coach says to use backup bc as it may be less effective right now and to not take it too close to the other supplements. I would not quit diet bc of it and I still keep taking it regularly. Interested to see other replies though! NOT looking to get pregnant right now especially since that would mean gaining weight again
  • Lol Wildflower - i was just thinking, I am finally getting my body back and within 1 pound of my original pre-pregnancy weight (of 3 pregnancies ago) and the fear of another right now just set in when I read about the need for back up . . . but all the materials I read talk about the pill and patch, vs. something like Mirena. I get my IP via my OB so I would HOPE somebody would've said something!
  • I was less than reassured even though my OB said it was fine with the pill - but I've read too much to not be extra cautious. Still - right now I'm just continually on my period or spotting - so it's almost non-stop and I've literally never experienced that before - I've always been very regular within a couple of day range.
  • I feel your pain-I got my TOM about a week after I started the diet, making it 2 weeks early. It lasted literally forever. It stopped a few days but now it's back for the "real" one. I was worried at first, but now that I see others are experiencing it I'm not quite as worried. I think it's a bigger concern if your TOM completely disappears.
  • My coach says she has had several clients with "IP babies" because it throws off birth control. So fair warning, use backup!!!
  • Quote: My coach says she has had several clients with "IP babies" because it throws off birth control. So fair warning, use backup!!!
    This scares me just a little!