mood changes

• I have been doing this diet for about 2 months. Does this diet make you have mood swings and make you crabby?
  • I've only been doing it for 3 weeks and I find my mood has actually improved. I don't know if it's from feeling better about myself, or knowing that I'm finally doing something about losing the extra weight, but I've actually been pretty happy. I'm not sure how I'll feel a month from now, but so far, so good.
  • I have been on the diet since the Wednesday after Easter and I find my moods have improved. Even my 16 year often comments how much happier I am.
  • Wellll......Nobody has made it to the morgue, but I have had some Medusa moments. I've been impatient (unlike me) a couple of times. And now after all of that, let's just chalk it up to maybe I'm getting to be a cranky ol lady????? On the tech side of the hormones, it's perfectly understandable as estrogen rages out of fat cells to stay and wreck havoc as we are merrily dumping said fat cells. So not tech, huh?
  • Wait, let me stop yelling at my kids, then wipe the tears from eyes, and then stop holding my stomach from laughter so I can type an answer

Um, yes! Not sure if it is the diet, as I have a lot of changes going on (weaned the baby a few weeks before starting, mirena issues, think ovulation began again etc.) but I do find myself more irritable if I want to eat something (craving) and don't.
  • coliep - love your response!

I sometimes really want to respond to a post cause it makes me laugh so hard and sometimes we just really need to laugh in life.

years ago I was doing well on my eating plan and my sister picked me up to go to a breakfast thingy and the first thing I said when I got in the car was 'man when you dont eat goodies and try to eat right do we ever get moody' to put it lightly.

It is so easy to turn into a 'montser mad woman' when i dont get a fix if there is stress in my life which is pretty much daily.

On a positive note - it does get easier.
  • Being a woman makes one have mood, and be crabby!
  • I haven't really had any problems with mood swings. At least I don't think so. I don't know what my husband thinks!