Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Good morning IPers. It's Wi day for me. I'm down 2 lbs. I'm not out of the 190s yet, but I'm sooo close! I have my eye on 10 lbs lost in August so I'm buckling down- which will be extra difficult while traveling this week...180s here I come!
Way to go! Isn't it fun to look at the next "decade" of numbers in weight. I am eying the 170's this month!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #17  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Have you been to a doctor to see if your thyroid is functioning properly? I sure feel for you. Oh, I just saw your post where your doctor thought this would work. Did he check your thyroid? Do you check your urine to see if you are actually in ketosis?Just some thoughts.
Totally agree here. Please have your thyroid checked! Even though for years I was on medication for hypothyroidism and couldn't maintain a 10 pound weight loss to save my life, it wasn't until I had a full thyroid panel lab done that the true flaw in my thyroid was discovered. My medication was changed and I am freely loosing weight instead of "killing" myself with diet and exercise that did not work.

Oops...forgot to quote you Bellamack.....

Last edited by gettinmygrooveback; 08-03-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #18  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Good morning IPers. It's Wi day for me. I'm down 2 lbs. I'm not out of the 190s yet, but I'm sooo close! I have my eye on 10 lbs lost in August so I'm buckling down- which will be extra difficult while traveling this week...180s here I come!
You can do it Cindy!!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
You can do it. I'm out of the 190's this week!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default My first weight in …

and I am down 5.2 pounds. Saying that I am excited, motivated, surprised, and ecstatic is understatement, lol.

I had not weight myself all week, so this morning when I jumped on my scale, I had to stand there look at the number because it was not registering, lol. It was such an incredible feeling. I even by passed my first week on Atkins seven years ago when I lost little over 4 pounds. I did not think I could match that success and here I am by passing it. Of course then I was about 10 pounds lighter, but...

Anyhow, I had my official appointment early this morning and I was babbling to my coach how excited I am, lol. She got excited for me, lol. Her scale shows me about a pound lighter, so with my t-shirt and shorts I saw the same number I had seen at home which is very convenient, lol.

I am planning not to weight myself again until next week, I think seeing a huge loss is sweeter to me then seeing little losses every day. This way I can also measure my successes with how close I had stayed with the program.

I am so happy, lol. I also made it to my 10% loss. How sweet is that.

Last edited by rachelearth; 08-03-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #21  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Hello everyone.

This is my first post on the daily post thread. Today I am going to be weighed for the first time but it's only the 5th day cuz I started on Saturday. I have a couple of questions:

I feel kinda crappy - not myself - tired, a bit constipated (very unusual for me), the other night I was dizzy. I know why I was tired the last few days - I have restless legs syndrome and ran out of meds, it was hot here but not hot like OK - OMG!!! how do you stand it, and I was sleeping on the couch - but I slept super great last night and I still feel weird.

I'm in ketosis and not really hungry. I'm eating lots of veggies and drinking my water. How long does this kind of thing last? Oh yeah, and I am usually good on low carb so I'm surprised at how I feel.

Another question - when you're using ketostix - how pink do you get? Do you ever get out of the 'small' pale pink. Sorry if this is inappropriate.

Thank you - and in spite of how negative I sound, I am excited about my weigh in because my scale at home isn't working and I have no idea how I've done.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
Good Morning fellow IPers! Today is going to be another scorcher in Oklahoma (we could break an all time record for the hottest day which would mean a temperature above 113). My AC went out last night (not that I blame it as it's been getting a work out with 40 days over 100 degrees this summer), but the lovely BF fixed it last night! I've been OP with the exception of two times and I'm feeling great! NSV yesterday - I went to see one of my friends that I haven't seen in a while. She was amazed at my weight loss. It makes you feel good when people notice and makes it so much easier to stay OP and not give into the cupcakes at the office . Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Great job. I am so glad you got to amaze your friend.

Quote:
Congratulations on losing 2 pounds. Hopefully soon you would be out of 190s and I out of 160s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Woke up to a beautiful day! Wish I was back to running again because it was a perfect morning for a run. Only 67 degress, no humidity, no wind at all....wonderful! It is supposed to heat up to only about 90 today so that's a welcome change.

I was up a little more this morning so I'm going in the wrong direction. Didn't eat anything off plan so I know it's good ole' TOM causing trouble and I'm not stressing. I haven't "gone" to the bathroom in a few days either so that could be the culprit. I took an extra senekot this morning hoping to get things going and I'm crossing my fingers I don't go the other direction and end up in the bathroom all day at work. In 42 days I have gone off once, Saturday and the 1 string cheese episode, so I'm super proud of myself but it makes me feel like I could've eaten any of the junk at Grandma's last week and still been in this spot. It doesn't mean I will go off the deep end and cheat, especially not the day before weigh in. Please woosh fairy visit me tonight.

Good luck to those with Wednesday weigh ins!

Wow, 42 days and just one small cheat. That is an incredible will power. Good job. Hopefully you would see some loss tomorrow. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Would you ask your coaches, it they have had anyone stay at the same weight for 19 days? I am so discouraged, I have not cheated once and have switched things up per my coach and still weighing the same every day! I could understand it if I was close to a normal weight, but I am not, I have a lot to lose. HELP! Where are you
Luv2B. I am seriously quitting after friday's weigh-in if I haven't lost, it is such a waste of money and effort to see NO results.

No please don't quit. If you stay with the program you are going to see a loss. I agree 19 days is a long time waiting for the scale to go down, but hang in there, and hopefully with the help of more experience IPers here, your coach, your doctor, and yourself you either will figure out what is the problem, or you start losing again big time. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Hello everyone.

This is my first post on the daily post thread. Today I am going to be weighed for the first time but it's only the 5th day cuz I started on Saturday. I have a couple of questions:

I feel kinda crappy - not myself - tired, a bit constipated (very unusual for me), the other night I was dizzy. I know why I was tired the last few days - I have restless legs syndrome and ran out of meds, it was hot here but not hot like OK - OMG!!! how do you stand it, and I was sleeping on the couch - but I slept super great last night and I still feel weird.

I'm in ketosis and not really hungry. I'm eating lots of veggies and drinking my water. How long does this kind of thing last? Oh yeah, and I am usually good on low carb so I'm surprised at how I feel.

Another question - when you're using ketostix - how pink do you get? Do you ever get out of the 'small' pale pink. Sorry if this is inappropriate.

Thank you - and in spite of how negative I sound, I am excited about my weigh in because my scale at home isn't working and I have no idea how I've done.

Welcome. I just finished my first week and had my first weigh in today. Good luck on your weigh in and I hope that you get your energy back very soon. Somehow I have not felt rundown. I even went biking in the weekend and felt fine. I would say maybe drink more water. Anyhow welcome.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Woke up to a beautiful day! Wish I was back to running again because it was a perfect morning for a run. Only 67 degress, no humidity, no wind at all....wonderful! It is supposed to heat up to only about 90 today so that's a welcome change.

I was up a little more this morning so I'm going in the wrong direction. Didn't eat anything off plan so I know it's good ole' TOM causing trouble and I'm not stressing. I haven't "gone" to the bathroom in a few days either so that could be the culprit. I took an extra senekot this morning hoping to get things going and I'm crossing my fingers I don't go the other direction and end up in the bathroom all day at work. In 42 days I have gone off once, Saturday and the 1 string cheese episode, so I'm super proud of myself but it makes me feel like I could've eaten any of the junk at Grandma's last week and still been in this spot. It doesn't mean I will go off the deep end and cheat, especially not the day before weigh in. Please woosh fairy visit me tonight.

Good luck to those with Wednesday weigh ins!
I know it was 62 here by Sioux Falls!!! I hear ya, stupid TOM. This was my first one in about 3 months. I have not been regular (PCOS) but I am hoping TOM will not cause problems too bad. YES the magical Woosh Fairy needs to visit South Dakota and take TOM with her You have done GREAT. Don't stress too much about it. It is what it is
Old 08-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #24  

Height: 5'4"

Just walked past a coworker I see just every so often and he said to me, "You sure are melting away. Pretty soon we won't be able to see you." Oh if he only knew I have 40 pounds to go. I didn't share that though. Made me feel good since the scale isn't budging.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Yes, I have and I have gone over it a little with Luv2b, My coach says I should be losing, doing everything to the letter. I started July 1st and have not even had so much as a crumb off program. I walk 3 miles every other day, which my coach approved from the begining, since I alread was doing it. I feel like I am being "scammed", all these people say they cheated and lost, I am not cheating and I am not losing. My bowels are fine haven't had any trouble in that department. I know I am a slow loser, I quit WW after 3 months, because I only lost 3 lbs. My doctor thought this would work, so very discouraged.

I get my measurements on friday again, my coach doesn't do it every week. Seh seems to be at a loss , as to why I am not losing.
I don't know how old you are, but could you be pregnant? My coach advises all women of child-bearing years to double up on contraceptives while on IP if they don't want to get pregnant. It messes with your hormones and can make it easier to conceive. She's had several "IP babies". their mom's restarted once they finished nursing. Just a thought.
Also, ask your coach to measure every week. I know that I lose the most inches during the weeks I have the smallest losses. Seems wrong, but I see the proof.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #26  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning everyone! It is a dull cloudy day here in Saskatchewan right now, suppose to get warm by afternoon. Today is my weigh in day at home and I am down 4 lbs since last week. Our clinic is 85 miles from home so we weigh in and pick up our food every other week. I so want to get back into onederland!!!!
When we started on IP I told my DH I can see this lasting not very long, now here we are 2 1/2 months eating IP and it just seems natural and love the success we are having. I have lost 41 1/2 lbs and 48 1/2", what other program would you ever been able to do that on? I LOVE IP
Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by grannyto2bear; 08-03-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #27  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Wow it is Wednesday and you all have such good NSV and SVs

Capricious and Brummie - thank you for your kind words. as for reward I was going to get highlights but I just colored my hair so in a couple of weeks I will go and get a color and highlights... something different for sure... still looking for my first mini goal reward... I want sleeper earrings and having a hard time finding the ones I want... may have to settle for close.

Wuv2 - you did a great job at that party last night, way to go.

Bella - It still could be from drinking propel, you haven't been off propel for too long. If no movement this week, I would do what Pxlkitty suggests maybe you are in starvation mode and need to add another packet. You know our bodies are all different and what works for some may not work for others. My numbers always have 2 bad weeks and 1 good week... but sometimes my body also says...hey wait a minute I am not ready... I know you have had new lose longer than I did but keep going. I would also check with your doctor like the other ladies said. Good luck.

Cindy - way to go, and you will do great while you are traveling... and buy a really nice dress while you are there.

Well after a week of vacation, I came back to my office in chaos, my "co-worker" was looking after my things and apparently that just meant putting notes on everything saying they aren't working... so spent the first part of the morning fixing that and now as I have 2 other offices as well that "was being looked after" I can't wait to see them...
At least I only have a 3 day work week... thank goodness, may have be violent on someone if it was longer.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #28  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

You guys are very encouraging today. Let's all stay ip despite all the temptations!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 264/254/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Would you ask your coaches, it they have had anyone stay at the same weight for 19 days? I am so discouraged, I have not cheated once and have switched things up per my coach and still weighing the same every day! I could understand it if I was close to a normal weight, but I am not, I have a lot to lose. HELP! Where are you
Luv2B. I am seriously quitting after friday's weigh-in if I haven't lost, it is such a waste of money and effort to see NO results.
I am scared of not losing aswell! Eventhough I am on my first week, and Friday is my 1st weigh-in.
But I will ask my consultant why that may happen!!!!???
Goodluck, and I hope you lose on your next WI!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #30  

Finished 1st week! The scale showed 3.2 lbs lost. This is great but not as much as I expected for being the first week. Anyway, I'm pretty happy and look forward for offical weigh in with coach next week (she's out of town). I also look forward to measurements. I think some pants are already fitting better.
Closed Thread