Old 07-30-2011, 11:28 PM   #1  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

Default IP = skin issues/more breakouts?

Has anyone else had this issue?

I am 25 and have had flawless skin my entire life. Seriously. Since starting IP its like someone put me through puberty but this time with the bumps and breakouts! Its not like I am a giant pimple but my skin is a lot more uneven with lots of little bumps and some bigger breakouts.

HELP!!
champaignsupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:35 PM   #2  
Started IP on 7/15/2011

S/C/G: 184/161/130

Height: 5ft4in

I'm not having that problem, but I'm guessing it's hormones, because I've had other issues since starting IP that involves hormones. From what I was told in another thread, estrogen and other hormones are stored in fat cells, so as your body is breaking those down the hormones are being released and causing crazy things to happen. Just hang in there, make sure you use a good, gentle cleanser, and things should return to normal.
Travel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by champaignsupernova View Post

I am 25 and have had flawless skin my entire life. Seriously. Since starting IP its like someone put me through puberty but this time with the bumps and breakouts! Its not like I am a giant pimple but my skin is a lot more uneven with lots of little bumps and some bigger breakouts.

HELP!!
Drink lots of water to flush the excess crap out of your system. Using a mild cleanser as suggested will be very helpful. I turned into a zit factory pre-menopause and used an acne product and drank a ton of water. Three weeks later, my skin (which had been bad for a year) was totally clear.
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Yes, I have. My forehead was itchy, my nose was peeling and small bumps. I wondered about dumping fat cells to dumping skin cells (made sense). So I had a 'spa day'. Me and my loofah. A very lovely '2nd degree pink' and shiney new. Well it felt like it anyway. I have since continued to exfoliate once a week. It did the trick for me.
petie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:20 AM   #5  

I have been finding more skin tags (bumps) on my body. Of course, I scratch at them. I really never thought of it being attributed to this diet.
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

HELP!!
My skin actually cleared up and looked and felt healthier. I think because I never drank water and now I'm drinking a lot.
wheekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I've lost a lot of eyelashes..... . This is quite frustrating to me as they are usually very full and there are a lot of them. I'm not sure what to do about it but I will continue with the diet as I was told they will come back....and I've never had this kind of weight loss before!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 129/129/113

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

HELP!!

Oddly, my experience has been the opposite! I'm 30 and have had terrible skin since I hit puberty at the age of 11! I'm on week 3 of IP, and my skin has been really clear and less oily. This might be the clearest my skin has ever been!
jennylauren19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #9  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

I had the same issue for the first two weeks. I increased my water intake and now (in week 5) my skin is better than it's been since hitting puberty. I'm 25 and have always had trouble with oily skin and breakouts but they're disappearing and it's great. I'm using a clean and clear exfoliant cleanser and drinking lots of water...seems to be doing the trick.
CuteNcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #10  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

HELP!!
I had the same problem after I started IP. I never had an acne problem before, and broke out mostly in my chin area. I was already drinking lots of water, but increased it and found in a few days my problem had improved a lot and now is pretty well cleared up.
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

If the problem persists, see your dermatologist about getting a low dose antibiotic to help. I had acne at puberty, but mostly cleared up in adulthood. Until I hit 30 that is. Like a lightswitch it came back on - worse than high school! I have rosacea too, so I have to be very careful with what products I use so as not to irritate my skin. It took a few misses, but I finally found the right antibiotic for me, and now I couldn't be happier! All this water I'm drinking is contributing too.
Cetaphil is seriously the greatest and most gentle cleanser & moisturizer. Cheap, too! The aestitician in my derm's office recommends it. Another love of mine is the Daily Alpha Beta Peel by Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare. A little pricey, but totally worth it!!! I use this at night and follow it with pure argan oil (makes a fantastic night serum & is great for oily skin).
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #12  
**Christa**

S/C/G: 174/172/125

i was actually told by my IP provider that the diet if done correctly and you drink the recommended 64oz of water a day that your skin actually clears up... ive been battling the acne scene pretty much my whole life so this was just another plus of the diet for me!
CBates1088 is offline   Reply With Quote