Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 175.2/170.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
yay! I loss is a loss. Tom will be coming this weekend, so monday my coach said I shouldn't expect big losses. Just remember it's not a reflection of how you are eating, it's natural. Are bodies are going through major changes too, it's going to fluctuate and TOM doesn't help. just go easy on pickles and anything else that might make you retain water. My coach said some weeks I will see small numbers and big loss of inches, and visa versa. I see this loss as forver, so I want it to fall off slow so it doesn't even creep back up...EVER!
Enjoy your week.
All things said are true...thanks Lauren for the pep talk I will look forward to another loss next week
Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

TOM is being mean to a lot of us! I am only down .6 from Thursday as of this morning, or up .4 as of Saturday but that doesn't count, and am crossing my fingers for more before Thursday. My last weigh in the week of TOM I only went down 1.4. Heck, I'd even take that at this point!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
yay! I loss is a loss. Tom will be coming this weekend, so monday my coach said I shouldn't expect big losses. Just remember it's not a reflection of how you are eating, it's natural. Are bodies are going through major changes too, it's going to fluctuate and TOM doesn't help. just go easy on pickles and anything else that might make you retain water. My coach said some weeks I will see small numbers and big loss of inches, and visa versa. I see this loss as forver, so I want it to fall off slow so it doesn't even creep back up...EVER!
Enjoy your week.
I have only had small losses w/the exception of the very first week. And none of it has to do w/TOM. Its a bit frustrating but losses none the less.
wk #1 -4.4, wk #2 -1.6, wk #3 -1.6, wk #4 -1.4
2 years ago when I first did this diet the weight loss was more significant
i follow the program completely OP, maybe its because I don't have as much weight to loose this time around. Not sure what the deal is.
good job on your progress.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone,

I'm already having a good day. It was a restless sleep but I'm in a great mood today...I feel kinda....SKINNY. WOW, foreign feeling for me. I really find it a great feeling though!

Hope everyone has a great 100% OP day!

Carla
Old 08-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #20  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning. I lost 2.5 pounds at my weigh in yesterday. Staying the same this morning. Got up early and helped my son make lunch for work. Going to try the oatmeal pancake recipe I have seen here this am.
My coach showed me some clothes that were donated yesterday..I got 11 pairs of pants and capris for work. What a relief as I was out of clothes.

Calee: great on reaching the 140s..

Colley: that is wonderful about wearing size 10 and a medium. I am squeezing into 12s..
Old 08-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Then again, I'm in the "dreaded 5th week" so maybe I'm doomed either way.

Good luck to those who weigh in today!
I didn't know there was a "dreaded 5th week"! I gained a pound last week and it was my 5th week! I am expecting a good loss this morning, week 6. Have you read posts about week 5 usually being horrible?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKinMN View Post
Good morning all!

WI # 3 this morning...only down 1.1lbs I am trying to be positive about such a small loss (atleast it wasnt a 1.1 lb gain) and am moving towards week 4. Anyone else notice small losses during their TOM? I know it's not due to anything I have done cuz I have had no cheats since starting IP...just curious how it affects other's weigh ins....

Here's to another great week on IP
I don't have TOM anymore but I did have a zero loss week 3 when I was OP. I am assuming it is my body just getting used to all the changes.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
I didn't know there was a "dreaded 5th week"! I gained a pound last week and it was my 5th week! I am expecting a good loss this morning, week 6. Have you read posts about week 5 usually being horrible?
I have heard mention of your body catching up around week 5 or so and just taking a little breather on the big losses. It doesn't happen to everyone but a lot of people on here have commented about it.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Movingon - I'm at exactly the same place as you! We weight about the same and both have a wedding to attend on the 27th. I am REALLY hoping to be in a 12 by then, but it's so hard to tell where the weight will come off and how much! If we wait to buy a dress, the summer ones will all be gone. I think buying a tight 12 is probably the way to go and trust IP to get me into it by the end of the month.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Uh oh. I'm getting my 5th week weigh in tomorrow. Now I'm worried!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #26  
Started IP on 7/15/2011

S/C/G: 184/161/130

Height: 5ft4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning, on to my second day. So far so good, I did get hungry yesterday mid-afternoon so today I brought my 1 snack to have then. I do drink lots of water but still been having a headache since last night. Now that I found out that crystal light isn’t allowed, drinking water will be that much harder as I hate just plain water. I was happily surprised to find out that so far, all the food I’ve tried is pretty yummy!

Have a great day and keep up the good work

Christyne
I had a hard time with having just plain water all the time too. My coach said you can use a little lemon juice to give it flavoring. Also there's this bottled water called Sparkling Ice that is zero-everything and my mom's coach recommended it to her....it's really very good. It's slightly carbonated but not overly so so it gives you a nice "fizz" feeling, and there's a large variety of flavors that are all good. It's kind of expensive so I just save it as a treat. Also I asked my coach about Mio-which is also zero everything. She said it was fine to have, just keep it minimal and don't use it with all your water intake.

For the headaches, have you tried adding a little sea salt to an 8oz glass of water? I got headaches when I started and it usually did the trick.

Good luck and I hope you find something you like!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #27  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

I use the MIO. I add 2 squirts to 20 oz of water and throw in a lemon slice and ice and it's yummy. I only like the tea flavors.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Yikes! I am down to 1 pair of khakis, 1 black skirt, and 1 linen capri pant (size L!) for work clothes! I've got several shirts I can wear - not the most professional, but we're more lax on that in summer. But I can't wear jeans every day - even if they are only a size 14! I have Friday off, and will need to hit the stores!!! I'm taking big clothes to consign as well. That still terrifies me. GET OVER IT!
My losses have been low lately. Some have posted in the past about our bodies wanting to stay at weights we were at for a long time. Maybe that's what's happening to me. I fluxuated from 180-190 for about 3 years before having kids. I briefly got down to 190 after oldest was born, but it didn't last long.
I WI tomorrow over my lunch hour. By next week's WI, I hope to be into 170s!! It's been close to 8 years since I've weighed that little!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #29  

I am deff. retaining water today! I am wearing my gladiator shoes and they are TIGHT! I had to unzip the backs and slip out of them half way while sitting at my desk.

And don't worry too much about week 5! Some people get by it with no troubles!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by calee View Post
I use the MIO. I add 2 squirts to 20 oz of water and throw in a lemon slice and ice and it's yummy. I only like the tea flavors.
Not sure if we have the MIO here (quebec) as i have never heard of it but i'll look for it. Thanks
Closed Thread