veggies i want more.

• Anybody else having trouble with just 4 cups of veggies a day. I could eat 6 cups easily. Now i have my lettuce everyday so that helps alot cuz i can eat as much as i want. I know dill pickle too are limitless. Is there anything else i could munch on that has no limit for phase one. Cant wait to be on phase 3-4 and stop counting veggie portions. mmmmmmmm
  • I'm sorry have you talked to your coach, maybe there is a couple very low carb veggies and she/he would let you snack on. I don't think there is anything else but lettuce that is limitless.
  • Ive seen somewhere that cucumbers are limitless, but not 100% sure. I know dill pickels are so i thought mabe cucumbers would be too.
  • Quote: Ive seen somewhere that cucumbers are limitless, but not 100% sure. I know dill pickels are so i thought mabe cucumbers would be too.
    I'm not sure if they are limitless, but i snack on them. I'd rather snack on them to control my hunger, than cheat.
  • okay please look at the phase 1 sheet, it tells you that dill pickles is part of your allowed veggies, but the only vegetable that is unlimited is lettuce. Cucumbers and pickles are part of your 4 cups a day. I would read over your package again on what is allowed and what isn't. If you are still hungry I would talk with your coach about it.
  • I found bread and butter pickles sweetened with splenda the other day. Nice for a sweet treat but I still count in my 4 cups of veggies.
  • Reading this last night made me have 3 dill pickle spears (off procol because it was more than my allowed veggies). It did help me to go to sleep (I was hungry) but I certainly don't think it should be a regular thing!

Anyway, yes I would love to eat more veggies. I am a big veggie eater and I could eat WAYYYYYYYYYYY more veggies than permitted if cooked. I don't down the raw veggies the same way though, so maybe that is key until you are used to the transition? For example, if I saute 2 cups of spinach it wilts down into a few teeny bites -- not worth it and not satisfying even though I love love love cooked spinach! Similarly, I could eat tons of cooked broccoli or asparagus or zucchini. BUT, if I make a large salad and chop 2 cups of raw veggies (the smaller the pieces, the greater volume you get into that 2 cups!) than 2 cups feels like a lot. Try chopping cucumbers, celery, radishes, broccoli etc. You might not crave a ton when you finished getting that plus a giant bowl of lettuce down!
  • Quote: Ive seen somewhere that cucumbers are limitless, but not 100% sure. I know dill pickels are so i thought mabe cucumbers would be too.
    Dill pickles are NOT limitless. And the amount of salt in them could give you instant hypertension if you eat a lot. But, if you really crave pickles, you can make you own (tons of recipes on the internet) just stick with cider vinegar and an acceptable sweetener if you want a sweet pickle. For sour, just use dill with no salt. The dill flavor makes you think you're tasting salt.
  • Quote: Anybody else having trouble with just 4 cups of veggies a day. I could eat 6 cups easily. Now i have my lettuce everyday so that helps alot cuz i can eat as much as i want. I know dill pickle too are limitless. Is there anything else i could munch on that has no limit for phase one. Cant wait to be on phase 3-4 and stop counting veggie portions. mmmmmmmm
    You can have unlimited celery, radishes and cucumbers...mostly just water in these veggies.
  • Quote: You can have unlimited celery, radishes and cucumbers...mostly just water in these veggies.
    Sorry no you are not correct, they are allowed veggies but not unlimited. ONLY lettuce is unlimited.
  • Thank goodness, 2riderollercoast, I thought I was losing my mind! I was told to follow the Phase I vegetable list NO EXCEPTIONS!
    I have finally lost 20 pounds and it was a hard 20. I do not want to screw this up!
  • try a little olive oil with your veggies. Maybe your brain doesn't know you are full and eating fats tells it that you are full.
  • Quote: Thank goodness, 2riderollercoast, I thought I was losing my mind! I was told to follow the Phase I vegetable list NO EXCEPTIONS!
    I have finally lost 20 pounds and it was a hard 20. I do not want to screw this up!
    I'm wondering if you didn't lose weight before because you altered the protocol somehow, and if you did, what was the culprit? I would wonder if I might be doing the same things and slowing my losses. It is hard to imagine that eating extra celery or cukes could prevent weight loss, unless you eat a a bucket of them.
    My coach says to eat an additional grilled chicken breast at night if you're just too hungry, and she's not had anyone stop losing because of doing that. I think sometimes you can stretch the boundaries a little and be ok. I know that if I don't allow myself a little flex, it will certainly lead to a big cheat. It's far better (this is for me, not for everyone) to have an extra packet or additional restricted here and there to avoid feeling too hungry, or deprived.