3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/29 - Sun, 7/31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239428-ip-weekend-chat-fri-7-29-sun-7-31-a.html)

Pxlkitty4 07-29-2011 07:09 AM

IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/29 - Sun, 7/31

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Pxlkitty4 07-29-2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0vingon (Post 3961509)
That's awesome! :yay: I agree that bf is the way to measure! I'd love to have my bf tested, but I'm afraid to :dizzy:
Today I made an appointment for a private session at a pilates studio. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm afraid. Since my 2 c-sections, my abs are weak and really hurt when i work them. The scar area is the worst. I just hope the trainer is gentle with me! LOL I also hope I don't lose an appendage on the reformer!

Just tell the trainer what your issues are. I've had 3 wrist surgeries, have a bad neck, pain in lower back, and a c-section. Terribly weak abs, but neck can be thrown out easily if I move the wrong way. My first session was yesterday... I told her everything, and she made sure that I didn't do too much. Pilates was used for rehab for injured dancers. It's part of the reason I like it so much... it focuses in on specific muscles and stops you from doing things ina sloppy way. The reformer is your friend - it also imposes discipline in the movements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douger963 (Post 3961619)
Yesterday's weigh-in took me over the 100lb mark. I'm only about 11lbs from goal and still on phase II. I've found myself watching the scale more for some reason probably because I'm getting closer. Although I feel I'm eating more protein, I continue to drop.

Congratulations! I hope you are celebrating your success in a non food-centric kind of way.

M0vingon 07-29-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 (Post 3961903)
Just tell the trainer what your issues are. I've had 3 wrist surgeries, have a bad neck, pain in lower back, and a c-section. Terribly weak abs, but neck can be thrown out easily if I move the wrong way. My first session was yesterday... I told her everything, and she made sure that I didn't do too much. Pilates was used for rehab for injured dancers. It's part of the reason I like it so much... it focuses in on specific muscles and stops you from doing things ina sloppy way. The reformer is your friend - it also imposes discipline in the movements.

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to trying it. I really hope it helps my messed up abs! If I like it, I'm going to ask my Mom to buy me some more private sessions as a b-day gift. The centre I'm going to only allows you to go to group classes after having 5 private sessions to assess your ability and make sure you do the exercises correctly.

I'm getting myself ready to head up to my girlfriend's place for the weekend. I'm packing my shakes and bars and prepping some veggies to get me through today. I'll have to figure out how to be as OP as possible and I'll probably hit the grocery store when i get there just to pick up some extra veggies. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with my friends!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Pxlkitty4 07-29-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0vingon (Post 3962037)
Thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to trying it. I really hope it helps my messed up abs! If I like it, I'm going to ask my Mom to buy me some more private sessions as a b-day gift. The centre I'm going to only allows you to go to group classes after having 5 private sessions to assess your ability and make sure you do the exercises correctly.

I'm getting myself ready to head up to my girlfriend's place for the weekend. I'm packing my shakes and bars and prepping some veggies to get me through today. I'll have to figure out how to be as OP as possible and I'll probably hit the grocery store when i get there just to pick up some extra veggies. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with my friends!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Have a great weekend. I'm taking 4 privates before doing group. They wanted me to buy 8 privates, and I said "how about four?" She let me do it.

rachelearth 07-29-2011 09:32 AM

Good morning everyone.

Today is day 3 for me and reading old posts, it seems that days 3 and 4 were rough for some. So I am starting today anticipating that it might be as tough as the first day.

Stayed away from the scale today as well. I want to stay away until Monday morning, hopefully that would be incentive enough to stay 100% OP during the weekend. After the birth of my sons I have been having a hard time losing weight, I lose very slowly, and so I don't want to be discouraged.

I keep remembering 7 years ago when I successfully lost all the weight I wanted to lose, and two things helped me, one a structured program, and two being able to talk to people that were going through the same thing. For example, last year I started the Belly Fat Cure program, and even though that is also a structured program, since I didn't find an active forum after a month I started slipping and by October I had given up on it!

Anyhow, I feel that I am going to be successful on this program and so I want to make sure I am not setting myself up by weighing and not seeing a new number!

Have a great day.

gettinmygrooveback 07-29-2011 09:46 AM

Good morning all and a very Happy Friday to ya. Today begins my 9th week on IP and as of this morning's WI, I am down 32.5# and a gazillion inches. I don't think 8 weeks ago I would have ever thought I could be where I am today but everyday my faith has grown. Happy, happy lady!

Hang in there, newbies. The road's a little rough in the beginning but I promise you, it smooths out very quickly. If you want to be thin.....it's yours for the taking. Love yourself first and everything just naturally falls into place. :sunny:

CAT

angell 07-29-2011 09:59 AM

ok can anyone give me some rescipes I have been on the IP for 2 weeks and the food was good at first but the same thing everyday is getting boring can anyony help me PLEASE

Bellamack 07-29-2011 09:59 AM

Today will be official weigh-in #4, I got on my scales this morning(which I have been the same as my clinic) and there is NO LOSS! grrrrrrrrrrr. I have not cheated once. I am PO'd at all the people that come on here and say "well, I cheated but still lost" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry, but I work so hard at losing weight and it is never fair to me... this program says 3-5 lbs for woman and if you exclude week #1 (which you should on any diet) I am way lower than that and I think for what it costs each week, they should change the average, which I am talking to my coach about today, because there is no-way I am losing like it says and I DON"T CHEAT!
Well, it is soon to be the weekend :) Picnic and yard work for us!

M0vingon 07-29-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3962188)
Today will be official weigh-in #4, I got on my scales this morning(which I have been the same as my clinic) and there is NO LOSS! grrrrrrrrrrr. I have not cheated once. I am PO'd at all the people that come on here and say "well, I cheated but still lost" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry, but I work so hard at losing weight and it is never fair to me... this program says 3-5 lbs for woman and if you exclude week #1 (which you should on any diet) I am way lower than that and I think for what it costs each week, they should change the average, which I am talking to my coach about today, because there is no-way I am losing like it says and I DON"T CHEAT!

You can be mad and frustrated, it's ok. There is a lot of discussion about the impact that people who vent about cheating have on the psyche and emotions of others. Yeah, sometimes it's not fair.
Having low or no loss somewhere between weeks 3-6 is normal. We can't expect to lose every week- it just doesn't work that way. No program can override the need for your body to stabilize. As for the average, week 1 does count in the 3-5 lb average. I'm not sure why you think it shouldn't. Furthermore, the average for women is around 3 lbs. It's an average, not a guarantee.
Please take a look at all of the people who have lost a ton of weight on this program. That will happen for you too, but it takes time- and patience :D

leganegan 07-29-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angell (Post 3962186)
ok can anyone give me some rescipes I have been on the IP for 2 weeks and the food was good at first but the same thing everyday is getting boring can anyony help me PLEASE

there are lots of recipes out there, just google Ideal Protein recipes. also, there's a sticky on here with links to recipes...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

Bellamack 07-29-2011 10:31 AM

I just say to exclude week one, because mathmatically (statistically) it would be considered a "flyer" it is not a "true" representation.

I know I need to be patient, but I wish people wouldn't come on here and say "I cheated and still lost" it just kills me. seriously. I know I am a slow loser for a couple of common reasons, Thyroid (Synthroid) and post-menopausal, but sometimes it seems so not worth it and maybe because it is a gloomy, rainy day I am down. I am sticking with it, I am just venting. Hubby who really didn't "need" to lose weight, is using alternatives, has splurged at picnics and has had beer has lost 20 lb. grrrrrrrrrrr and here I sit "miss to the letter strict" with only 11 lbs. gone. very frustrating, that's all I am saying. very. very. very.

lboogs311 07-29-2011 10:32 AM

Morning...

Well said MOvingon, I too was hung up on the fact that I felt like others on here have a good 10lbs more than me lost at this point, but every body is different. I am so happy that I average out 3lb loses weekly. It averages, some weeks are more/less than others. Stay true to the program and it WILL all even out and you will be happy.

lboogs311 07-29-2011 10:34 AM

Vent away Bellamack, that is what we're all here for. It's not always sunny and roses all the time. It's so easy to get discouraged and annoyed, I hear ya! But cheating catches up, one way or another, trust me, I know. It may not show up as a gain, but it will slow you down.

sandyh50 07-29-2011 10:37 AM

Good morning All! I love all my IP forum buddies, thanks for being here! Last night I tried the turnip fries and they were good! I put them in a ziplock bag with my garlic salt and pepper and 1tsp EVOO and then put them on a Pizza pan with holes in the bottom. Ithink that helped to crisp them up more.Today I want to try the kale chips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachelearth (Post 3962115)
Good morning everyone.

Today is day 3 for me and reading old posts, it seems that days 3 and 4 were rough for some. So I am starting today anticipating that it might be as tough as the first day.

Stayed away from the scale today as well. I want to stay away until Monday morning, hopefully that would be incentive enough to stay 100% OP during the weekend. After the birth of my sons I have been having a hard time losing weight, I lose very slowly, and so I don't want to be discouraged.

I keep remembering 7 years ago when I successfully lost all the weight I wanted to lose, and two things helped me, one a structured program, and two being able to talk to people that were going through the same thing. For example, last year I started the Belly Fat Cure program, and even though that is also a structured program, since I didn't find an active forum after a month I started slipping and by October I had given up on it!

Anyhow, I feel that I am going to be successful on this program and so I want to make sure I am not setting myself up by weighing and not seeing a new number!

Have a great day.

Yes, day 3 can be tough, my biggest problem was wanting to put stuff in my mouth when I was cleaning up the table! I had company for those 3 days (my daughter and family) but they were all very supportive of me.So hang in there, you can do it!~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3962188)

Bellamack, I feel for you, my WI #3 was 0 loss and WI #5 was +1 and I DIDN'T CHEAT! I am looking forward to WI #6 and hope it's a big loss. I am envious of those who lose every week.

colley 07-29-2011 10:54 AM

Good morning all, snuck on the scale for some reason but liked what I saw, 160!!!! So hopefully when I WI on Tuesday I will be in the 150's (and I promised myself to not step on it again until then).