3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   20 pounds (or less) to lose?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239406-20-pounds-less-lose.html)

coliep 08-02-2011 08:05 AM

Sunshine - Proud of your plan and your progress!! You and I have similar stats. My initial (first 10 days) of losses were great - I saw pounds drop. Now (last 2 weeks), not so much. Admittedly, I have had some cheats but I even so I have only exceeded a permissible range of caloric intake once so even if I have messed up and not been in ketosis etc. I should still be losing somewhat rapidly given the 900 cal / day protocol. I have gained / lost the same pound for 10 days now. For me, I think this may be a sticking point in my weight. I hope you push through (you are obviously very successful on this diet, so I am sure you will)!

calee 08-02-2011 09:25 AM

Thank you Amalia. :)

Good morning everyone!

I'm doing happy dances here becuase I've finally broken past the 150 mark! I'm 100 pounds less of my former self. It's been a very long journey and I'm delighted. My goal has been to lose 100 pounds. It wasn't until IP that I thought I could do more than that.

I eat red peppers almost everyday in my lunch salad. Not a lot but some to color the romaine and cucumbers. I've been eating a lot of cooked green cabbage for dinner. I get the shredded in the bags at Trader Joe's and sautee it up with a little liquid in the fry pan.

I'm using alternative products and want to be honest and say that because I was so far along in my weight loss journey, when I started last Monday I jumped right into Phase II. I split my 8 oz of protein between lunch and dinner and then have 2 packets or bars for the other two meals. I find that it keeps my blood sugar level and keeps me from getting so hungry that I want to eat anything in site.

Now back to my celebration! The first thing that I did was text my son GOAL! so of course he immediately called me. :)

coliep 08-02-2011 09:47 AM

WOW Calee, that is absolutely AMAZING! I am so proud of you! To lose 100 lbs took an incredible commitment and dedication to taking care of yourself. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

calee 08-02-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coliep (Post 3968844)
WOW Calee, that is absolutely AMAZING! I am so proud of you! To lose 100 lbs took an incredible commitment and dedication to taking care of yourself. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

Thank you!! :carrot:

cherbee82 08-02-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calee (Post 3968785)
Thank you Amalia. :)

Good morning everyone!

I'm doing happy dances here becuase I've finally broken past the 150 mark! I'm 100 pounds less of my former self. It's been a very long journey and I'm delighted. My goal has been to lose 100 pounds. It wasn't until IP that I thought I could do more than that.

Now back to my celebration! The first thing that I did was text my son GOAL! so of course he immediately called me. :)

Congrats Calee!! That's a tremendous accomplishment. :broc:

jennylauren19 08-02-2011 01:06 PM

Hi Everyone! This is my first post but going into my 3rd week on the IP program. I have been a religious follower of this site, but didn't feel I was experienced enough to post until now. This forum has been a huge help to me in my first few weeks! I don't know if I could have done it without reading all of the great stories, tips and tricks found on this site!

I'm only 5'2", and my stats are S/C/G: 132/125/110. I have been OP the entire time with absolutely NO cheats. My loss so far has been W#1 -3.5 and W#2 -3.5. My concern is I've only lost 1" in my waist, but NO WHERE else. Is it normal to be down 7lbs but lose barely any inches?

francess 08-02-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennylauren19 (Post 3969293)
My concern is I've only lost 1" in my waist, but NO WHERE else. Is it normal to be down 7lbs but lose barely any inches?

The only places where I'd lost on the 2 first weeks were my boobs and my arm... but after 6 weeks I'm able (for the first time in 3 years) to wear my size 24 jeans. It goes slowly but surely! :)

coliep 08-02-2011 01:15 PM

That's where I lost as well. My boobs are pretty much gone :/ By 24, you mean like the European size 24? That is teeeeeeeny tiny!

coliep 08-02-2011 01:17 PM

Jenny, the majority of hte initial weight loss is water weight so I don't think it would be that unusual not to have a ton of inches lost. Also, keep in mind they are not measuring everywhere - calves, other areas of thighs, etc., so you might have lost there. Personally, I haven't shown a ton of inches lost according to their measurements but I put on my size 8 semi-sheer white capris the other day and they fit perfectly, which they didn't before so clearly there were some positive shifts! If you need other reinforcement, perhaps pick something that you try on here / there to assess your changes for yourself!

calee 08-02-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherbee82 (Post 3968975)
Congrats Calee!! That's a tremendous accomplishment. :broc:

Thank you cherbee. I've been walking around practically dancing all day!

cherbee82 08-02-2011 09:39 PM

So important to enjoy and remember the feel good moments because it's so hard when you do everything perfectly and you just retain the water more randomly one day ... You know the weight isn't real - but it feels real! :(

whirlybird68 08-02-2011 11:49 PM

ticker check

coliep 08-03-2011 07:53 AM

Yay on the TIcker - 13.2 lbs in 3 weeks is an impressive loss!

I finally saw a little movement today, down to 143.2 - about a pound since my lowest weight but 1.6 since what I've been weighing lately. I had tons and tons and tons of water, so hopefuly I didn't just dehydrate myself and this is some real fat loss. Melting away . . . .

jennylauren19 08-03-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coliep (Post 3969330)
Jenny, the majority of hte initial weight loss is water weight so I don't think it would be that unusual not to have a ton of inches lost. Also, keep in mind they are not measuring everywhere - calves, other areas of thighs, etc., so you might have lost there. Personally, I haven't shown a ton of inches lost according to their measurements but I put on my size 8 semi-sheer white capris the other day and they fit perfectly, which they didn't before so clearly there were some positive shifts! If you need other reinforcement, perhaps pick something that you try on here / there to assess your changes for yourself!

Thanks for the encouragement coliep! Yes, I have a few pairs of jeans and skirts that I'm using to track my inches lost, along with the measurements. It's been almost 3 weeks now and they still fit exactly the same as before I started. My motivation for starting IP was more to fit into my old clothes rather than lose a specific number of pounds. I have an entire closest full of clothes that I cannot wear! Also, I'm between an hourglass and pear shape, so I do carry most of my weight in my lower body. I guess it only makes sense that this would be the hardest place to lose from.

Oh well, I know I need to be patient, but it's just so difficult! :)

Celticgirl 08-03-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennylauren19 (Post 3970786)
Thanks for the encouragement coliep! Yes, I have a few pairs of jeans and skirts that I'm using to track my inches lost, along with the measurements. It's been almost 3 weeks now and they still fit exactly the same as before I started. My motivation for starting IP was more to fit into my old clothes rather than lose a specific number of pounds. I have an entire closest full of clothes that I cannot wear! Also, I'm between an hourglass and pear shape, so I do carry most of my weight in my lower body. I guess it only makes sense that this would be the hardest place to lose from.

Oh well, I know I need to be patient, but it's just so difficult! :)

I also went "closet" shopping this weekend. Even though the scale hasn't moved my clothes (one particular skirt that I keep gravitating back to) was wearable and even loose. Weird how the body works. Be patient. Your fat is probably just getting ready to do a big flush and things that were snug today may be too loose tomorrow! :)