Old 07-29-2011, 11:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 139/???/124

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Francessa - great progress. Interesting they think 115 is too low since it falls within the normal range of healthy BMIs generally (maybe you have a lower than average bmi?). Oh, and I am now 1 month alcohol (for me, wine) free. That is absolutely the biggest shift for me in all of this . .. probably would be losing the same weight just by giving that up lol!
I don't know about my BMI, we didn't count it when I started IP... But I were 108 pounds three years ago... and THAT was too much low. I wanted a flat belly but I need to lose a little bit more to reach it... and train myself a lot.

Congrats for the alcohol! How is it going? I had a drink 6 times a week before IP (I'm not alcholic, cause I don't drink when I'm alone or with my BF but i'm often at restaurants with friends, that means; wine, rhum 'n coke or specialized beers), and i'm not disapointed when there are drinking Sangria in front of me, but when they are eating desserts, I am... It's a new lifestyle for all of us!
francess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Francess - some exercise will help tone things, espeically since you are so close to your ideal weight. The difference between 118 and 115 won't be huge but add in some exercise and I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised!

I am feeling disappointed this morning. I know, I know we shouldn't weigh ourselves every day but I just struggle to push past the 144 mark. Yesterday I was 144 even, and so I was very hopeful to be in 143 range today. Instead, the scale is up at 144.8. I was OP yesterday except for 3 dill pickle spears. I did have some extra salt (hence the pickles and a little in food) because I had some low BP symptoms and a run outside, but I also had a ton of water. My exercise was relatively light, too.

All Last week I waivered between 144.2 and 145 (with one day even dipping to 143.8). Yesterday I was 144 even and so I expected to be lower today and finally push out of that range. I know it doesn't always work that way but I let my hopes get the better of me :/ I know it is still working, so I will be fine, just sayin' . . . . c'mon lower 140's!!!!!!!!!!!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #33  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,

Coliep, you'll see a drop when the sodium flushes. Hang in there because you're going to make it.

I just want to say that I can't even freakin believe that I'm posting on a thread for people with 20 or less to lose. I can't believe it! This is such a miracle for me in my life. I've been trying to shed 100 pound forever. In 2009 I was at 249.8 and I'm getting close to my first goal.

This has been a miracle week for me. Stuck in the 150's for months and couldn't budge it. I didn't expect much since I'm using alternative products but I'm thinking that eating 4x instead of 3x a day may be helping me.

Monday morning - 155, today 151.4. I'm praying to drop a little more by Monday morning. My WW is going to be so surprised on Monday night because I told him I'd lose weight this week!

Let's make this a fun day. I'm going for a 3.5 mile hike in the woods this morning to celebrate how good I feel. Maybe swimming this afternoon if it gets warm enough.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 139/???/124

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
I am feeling disappointed this morning. I know, I know we shouldn't weigh ourselves every day but I just struggle to push past the 144 mark. Yesterday I was 144 even, and so I was very hopeful to be in 143 range today. Instead, the scale is up at 144.8. I was OP yesterday except for 3 dill pickle spears. I did have some extra salt (hence the pickles and a little in food) because I had some low BP symptoms and a run outside, but I also had a ton of water. My exercise was relatively light, too.

All Last week I waivered between 144.2 and 145 (with one day even dipping to 143.8). Yesterday I was 144 even and so I expected to be lower today and finally push out of that range. I know it doesn't always work that way but I let my hopes get the better of me :/ I know it is still working, so I will be fine, just sayin' . . . . c'mon lower 140's!!!!!!!!!!!
just keep in mind: FOCUS to your goal. Visualized it, like if you already reached it. Feel it all by yourself, from head to toe, feel the joy inside you and how YOU are beautiful. Don't be dissapointed about the 144.8; you maybe juste have drink more water than 2L yesterday or eat more veggies. it could be a lot of things. I often took few grams during the week, specially before sleep or morning, but at the end of the week i'm always losing weight. Just try to don't be dissapointed and enjoy beauties in life, you ALREADY reached your goal in your mind. Think this way and it will be easier to don't be dissapointed
francess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #35  

Thanks everyone =)

Calee - that IS truly inspiring. It must feel amazing. If i think about it, i have lost almost 75 pounds myself, some of them several times! I gained 75 in my first pregnancy, delivering weighing around 215. I just thought I was invincible while pregnant. I am now 144. I did it all, to 148, by myself with diet and exercise. This diet, which I started post vacation with a few extra (155) has helped me to push beyond that and will help me into the 130s and it will help me reduce my body fat percentage. When I think of that, it is HUGE and I am not lol!! I hope that you do see the loss you seek by Monday!

Not just visualizing. The scale may not be budging, but I put on my white capris, a thin material, and couldn't see my rear end or panty lines through them . . . meaning they are a good fit for the first time in years. I can also see that little crease in my abs (up at my rib cage). Bring out 'dem muscles!
Old 07-31-2011, 01:04 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 154.5/134/128

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by calee View Post
Good morning,

Coliep, you'll see a drop when the sodium flushes. Hang in there because you're going to make it.

I just want to say that I can't even freakin believe that I'm posting on a thread for people with 20 or less to lose. I can't believe it! This is such a miracle for me in my life. I've been trying to shed 100 pound forever. In 2009 I was at 249.8 and I'm getting close to my first goal.

This has been a miracle week for me. Stuck in the 150's for months and couldn't budge it. I didn't expect much since I'm using alternative products but I'm thinking that eating 4x instead of 3x a day may be helping me.

Monday morning - 155, today 151.4. I'm praying to drop a little more by Monday morning. My WW is going to be so surprised on Monday night because I told him I'd lose weight this week!

Let's make this a fun day. I'm going for a 3.5 mile hike in the woods this morning to celebrate how good I feel. Maybe swimming this afternoon if it gets warm enough.
your weight loss = totally awesome!!!
ExPiglet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:22 AM   #37  

I am using alternative products too. Mostly muscle milk and EAS. What are you using? congrats on your loss!
cinthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 AM   #38  

I really need to see a loss ladies. I didn't think I would hit a plateau only 1/2 weight through my weight loss. I am not perfect, but my two small cheats (a handful of nuts and a lick of birthday cake) didn't throw me out of ketosis and added a total of maybe 200 calories to my day yesterday. I am fine with the calories and actually prefer it to the 900 cals ... Anyway, the scale is still up and isn't moving. I really thought I would be at 143 or even 142 by now :/

Oh, and I am irritated that I didn't read labels before I bought the Torani syrup. Everyone kept talking about them and suggesting them, so I bought it but it has 1gm of carbs =(
Old 07-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #39  
Working on the Last 10!

Good morning,
Thanks for the kudos gang.

I was hungry yesterday. Maybe from my 90 minute hike beforebreakfast?

I think I need to space my meals better.

Scale down two ounces. Down 3.8 so far this week. Monday is WI #1

I put in a big order to diet direct last night for packets. $4.95 shipping. Wonderslim yogurt shakes 20% off.

I want to eat closer to IP so that I can get to goal!

Let's make this a great day!

I want to get closer to plan and see another good loss next week as I'm so vl
Old 07-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 162/144/135

Height: 5'5"

I'd love to join this thread. I have 27lb to go. I just finished week 1 and lost 5lb. I'm now 157 and would like to go down to 130sh.
My first week likely could have been better but I did have a few little slips like 2 choc covered almonds one day, two plain rice cakes another etc.
This week my goal is to go cheat free .
30toloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #41  
Working on the Last 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30toloose View Post
I'd love to join this thread. I have 27lb to go. I just finished week 1 and lost 5lb. I'm now 157 and would like to go down to 130sh.
My first week likely could have been better but I did have a few little slips like 2 choc covered almonds one day, two plain rice cakes another etc.
This week my goal is to go cheat free .
Hi 30,

Welcome! We're a new group and just getting started. 5 pounds your first week is great. Any tips to share?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #42  

30toloose - I keep having slips. It has been a terrible cycle that I struggle with and seem unable to break free. I do well for 3-4 days and then indulge in something. I am in my 4th week, have been stalled for about a 10 days and will certainly be stalled further since I slipped yesterday and will have to get back into ketosis. While your slips aren't insurmountable, from one who has fallen further and further off the wagon, I suggest you only eat lettuce when you feel you need to eat something else. Don't let it get the best of you because you may feel discouraged (ahem, kinda like me. Not discouraged with IP, because I know it works, but discouraged with myself on IP because I just cannot seem to stay the course). You CAN do it, there are so many on here with amazing success stories and a cheat free week = very rewarding results on the scale and the measuring tape. Good luck in moving forward in the right direction!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #43  
Working on the Last 10!

Good Morning!

Today was my first at-home, WI. I'm so happy that I'm jumping up and down. I never thought this could/would happen for me as I'm the slowest loser in the land. (60 years old, thyroid meds)

WI #1: -4.6
Old 08-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #44  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Hey. I'm glad to join in this thread. I started at 141 and have only lost 4.6 pounds in 23 days. I was wanting to lose at least 3 pounds a week. Have been 100% totally OP too. I thought it was just because I had less to lose, but I see big first week numbers from everyone else. Hopefully this week will be a bigger drop.
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #45  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by calee View Post
Good Morning!

Today was my first at-home, WI. I'm so happy that I'm jumping up and down. I never thought this could/would happen for me as I'm the slowest loser in the land. (60 years old, thyroid meds)

WI #1: -4.6
Congrats!
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote