Old 07-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 158.8/152.8/130

Height: 5'5

For those with 20 pds-ish to lose, do you lose weight slower than average because you have less to lose??

I was around 159/159 when I started and I want to be somewhere in the
130s ....not sure where I will feel healthy at yet but somewhere around there... I am expecting that i will lose only 1-2 pds a week (because of PCOS and only have 20-25 pds to lose)
AuburnKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #17  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
Calee, I order from Nashura nutrition. My favourite are the caramel crunch and the peanut butter bars. Health Smart maple and brown sugar is an unrestricted pack because the carb is really low.!!! I also really like the bacon and cheese omelet.

karen
Thanks for those suggestions Karen. It's funny but the two bars that I have from Nashua are peanut butter and caramel crunch! I will look at the ingredients of the maple and brown sugar. So do you like those omelets better than just cracking an egg and cooking it up? I still like the idea of real foods when I can.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #18  
Working on the Last 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaliayosa View Post
Count me in! I have 20 lbs to lose. I am 5'8 and my goal is 155. At 175 now, started IP Tuesday and am down 7 pounds (snuck a peak at the scale lol)
WOW, that's awesome!! I started on Monday at 155 and this morning I was just under 152. I thought that was fantastic and I'll still think that, but I want YOUR SEVEN! I bet you're using IP products and I'm using alternative so that might make a big difference for me. Were you eating low carb before you started?
Old 07-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #19  
Working on the Last 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Visions of Thin Me dancing in my head . . .

Envisioning myself hitting my first goal of 135 and then successfully (and quickly) hitting 130. Effortlessly. All before I turn 38. This is a nice (day)dream!!!

As I get down to the last few pounds, I am noticing lots of things about my post-baby shape that I don't like. While I hope that the IP fat loss will help eliminate the excess on thighs/hips/belly, I feel that I should be toning as well. I have been doing some classes (zumba, body sculpt), am getting my bike fixed, and starting to run again. Anybody else have tips for toning so we look good as we drop the weight?
Coliep, you can so do this!! Dance around with those babies in your arms and I bet the weight comes off even faster.

My problem areas are my hips/flank steaks and saddlebags. I've lost a lot of weight and those areas are still the most resistent. I've been going to Pilates since January and I walk a lot. I have a full gym in the building but have yet to really motivate myself to lift weights. I know that would really help me.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #20  
Working on the Last 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnKate View Post
For those with 20 pds-ish to lose, do you lose weight slower than average because you have less to lose??

I was around 159/159 when I started and I want to be somewhere in the
130s ....not sure where I will feel healthy at yet but somewhere around there... I am expecting that i will lose only 1-2 pds a week (because of PCOS and only have 20-25 pds to lose)
You may lose faster than that. Visualize MORE MORE MORE!

I'm 60 with a very wacked out metabolism, thyroid meds that don't seem to do anything and I'm at the end of my weight journey and just started IP Alternative this week. I was hoping for 1-2 a week, just like you. Today is Day 5 and this morning I'm down 3 pounds from where I started on Monday. I keep visualizing the weight coming off so now i'm going to think big numbers instead of small loses because maybe that will help my body/mind match up.

Welcome to the thread.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

I am preparing myself only to lose about 2 pounds per week as well. I would rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed!! That said, I not-so-secretly hope for bigger numbers. You know, a 4 pound drop would be amazingggggggg. I don't just visualize the numbers, but I picture myself wearing certain outfits or items of clothing that I haven't been able to in a while. That helps too!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #22  

Oh, and I am totally there on the hips, flank steaks, saddlebags and love handles. THat is where my fat deposits are. My arms are relatively toned. My calves are ok. But man, from the rib cage to the knees is pretty flabby. I tried on a 1 piece racing suit yesterday (I want to start swimming laps). The bulges from the bottom of the suit were horrendous. Its so mushy back there that the tight elastic just makes it mush out!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

I think a lot of the initial loss was water loss. I had been traveling off and on for 3 months and eating out a lot. Lots of salty foods. Yes I am using the IP foods too. Also drinking about a gallon of water a day.
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #24  

Yes, the first couple weeks are primarily water loss . . . but it nevertheless feels good to see those numbers come down!
Old 07-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 154.5/134/128

Height: 5'4

Hi every one, I started IP on july 20, started at 154.5, first weigh in today now at 148, goal is 136.
It was definitely rough the first few days but I keep telling myself it will only be this restrictive for a short period of time

Good luck to every one!!
ExPiglet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 139/???/124

Height: 5'5''

Hi!

I started IP at 131 and would like to back down to 115 but my adviser refused cause she thinks it was too much, then we put the goal to 120. I reached it in 5 weeks: -4.5 first week, -3 the second, -2 on the third, -1.4 the fourth and -3 the fifth week for finally be down at 118. We skipped the Phase 2 and go to the Phase 3. After the first week on Phase 3, I still have lose a few grams. Just one week to go after the real change; change my regular alimentation/alcohol and try to move often!

Last edited by francess; 07-29-2011 at 11:26 PM.
francess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #27  
Working on the Last 10!

Francess, you shed your weight so quickly. How motivating it is to read that.

ExPiglet, you've been off to a great start!

Coliep, I totally get it about not wanting to be disappointed by the numbers. I feel the same way, but I'm still going to visualize 3-4 pounds. Then if I shed 2 I'll still be really happy because my weight has been stalled for months now.

As far as bathing suits, my changes are so big that even with ugly loose skin, I'm still willing to put on a suit and get into the pool. I'm just so grateful to be able to move more easily.

What are you all doing for exercise? I've read to hold off on exercise until after the first week or two but that didn't feel right to me. I held back on Monday and Tuesday and only walked 1 mile each day. Wednesday and Friday I walked 3.5 miles and Thursday went to Pilates class. I'll do the 3.5 miles again in the morning. I find that exercise helps me and moving makes me want to eat right.

I love this thread... thanks coliep!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #28  

Oh, I agree...I put on a suit too (just one with a skirt!). it's just the one piece lap suit was pretty horrific.

I really struggled with the no exercise but was determined to follow protocol until I felt I would explode. For me, that meant doing about 2 classes per week and trying to get a walk in on other days. Some days I felt better than others. I just started my 4th week, and I still struggle with energy. That said, I have cheated several times in the past week so I am not sure where I fall in the program -- maybe more like the first week? Anyway, point being I say do what you are comfortable with and drink and extra shake/drink if you exercise. It is such a low calorie diet that we don't have 500 cals to blow on the elliptical. I believe your body will tell you. For me, I fizzle out towards the end of my classes. I can run the first 1 - 2 miles, but have to walk back. I can do lower weight and reps with weights. I don't push myself, but I do what I need to feel that I am taking care of my body and my mind.

I have read that you can introduce light exercise after the first 3 weeks. You can search the threads, there are several with information and others' experiences. I feel nasty not getting any exercise, so I kinda do my own thing!

Tonight I did a 40 min walk/run. I never felt a nice endorphine release, I never felt truly energetic and I had to walk/run the way back. It isn't the best performance, but I am not trying to deplete calories but rather keep my cardiovascular system going and not lose too much of my fitness.

I found the WF aisle at another store today. Found the chocolate syrup for less than $4 (I paid $10 via amazon) and found the marshmallow. Kinda love the marshmallow. It satisfied my sweet tooth, but I definitely consumed more than I should . . . right off the spoon!

I also bought some chocolate hazelnut decaf tea, sugar free torani caramel (wish they had peanut butter, but they don't), flavored splenda for coffee, and some propel zero for post workouts on really humid days like today. Not thrilled with my growing arsenal of artifical foods, but willing to consume them til I reach my goal and think having various treats like that might keep me on the straight and narrow!

Francessa - great progress. Interesting they think 115 is too low since it falls within the normal range of healthy BMIs generally (maybe you have a lower than average bmi?). Oh, and I am now 1 month alcohol (for me, wine) free. That is absolutely the biggest shift for me in all of this . .. probably would be losing the same weight just by giving that up lol!

Last edited by coliep; 07-30-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #29  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Talking

When I came to IP I had a bit over 20 pounds to lose, too. I really admire the courage of so many women here trying to let go of 50, 70, 100 or more pounds...they really inspire me to work the plan.

I've had some tiny cheats (an extra bar, some PB) and it may have slowed things but I still lost. One BIG blowout, and that's the week I gained. I am phasing off to take an extended vacation, and when I get back after labor day I intend to go back to Phase 1 and finish the rest of my weight loss.

Exercise? I always have, but I think it gets more and more important getting older. Gravity...it sure has it's effects. With extra weight you get those saggy rolls on the sides of your upper back...now altho the skin isn't still so perky the sag and the rolls are gone.

I would try and make time for it, it will accelerate your losses and make you feel more like staying OP.

SO easy to let an extra 20 pounds turn into an extra 25, then 30, and so on...I have been a yo yo dieter all my life, and this time, THIS TIME, I want to learn! At 51 my body won't and doesn't forgive like when I was younger.

Like this thread!!!
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #30  

Ditto on the wanting to get control of it now, since it is getting harder year after year. I am noticing how my skin and stuff isn't just springing back the way it used to. I think my tummy and a little area on my upper arms is excess skin . . . not entirely sure but think maybe after 3 pregnancies and the up/down of the weight that it just might be that way forever. I almost posted "goodbye boobs" because I think that is what is going now (and not recovering so well. Ohhhhhh gravity, be kind :/).