20 pounds (or less) to lose??

You're on Page 18 of 26
Go to
  • hi everyone!
    can i join you?
    i need to lose about 15-20 pounds.
    i started IP last october at 165 pounds and lost 20 pounds in 2 months. over the holidays i went off plan and ended up gaining back about 8 pounds between november and march.
    just started IP again this monday and am determined to stick with it to the end.
    i look forward to getting to know you all better.
  • Hi everyone!
    Planning on starting IP April 11th when I get back from a vacation. Starting at about 142 and would like to get down to 115. I'm so nervous and excited. Reading all your posts is so encouraging!
  • Hi everyone. I was at work today and forgot to bring my packets with me. I had a Luna White Chocolate protein bar. I've been cheating ever so slightly as I had a bite of my daughter's birthday cake. One bite. What do I do about the extra protein bar which is not on OP but I had a IP protein bar earlier today. So thats two protein bars, one Ip and the other one Luna. Came home bc I was starving and had 6 oz steak and spinach mushroom and brocolli stir fry.

I guess i'm out of Ketosis bc of the extra luna bar and the bite of cake?
  • Hey guys,

I'm really down today. Just finished my third week and have no loss. I'm absolutely staying on point. Getting all my water and veggies in. I lost 9 lbs the first two weeks and now nothing. Went up and down the same .5 lbs all week.

Anyone else go through this so early in the game? I don't want to give up but I feel like it's not worth it if I'm going to continue with no losses.
  • Quote: Hey guys,

I'm really down today. Just finished my third week and have no loss. I'm absolutely staying on point. Getting all my water and veggies in. I lost 9 lbs the first two weeks and now nothing. Went up and down the same .5 lbs all week.

Anyone else go through this so early in the game? I don't want to give up but I feel like it's not worth it if I'm going to continue with no losses.
    Don't give up!!! The first two weeks, it is normal to see big losses because your body is so shocked by a drastic change in the diet. It is very very common not to lose any weight, or lose very little through weeks 3 and 4. Check out other's losses (mine included!). Just keep drinking your water, taking your vitamins/salt and stay OP. I promise the plan works!!! Great job on 9 pounds down!
  • Thanks sunflwr816

I know it works. By reading all of your success stories. It's this little voice in my head saying it wont work for me. It's just hard knowing how hard I'm working and not immediately seeing the results.

Thanks again...I needed a little kick in the behind
  • Quote: Thanks sunflwr816

I know it works. By reading all of your success stories. It's this little voice in my head saying it wont work for me. It's just hard knowing how hard I'm working and not immediately seeing the results.

Thanks again...I needed a little kick in the behind
    I'm in week 3 also and TOM...grrrrrrr. I lost 10 the first two weeks and then stayed same for several days. I was down about 1.5lb this AM. Hate to be scale-obsessed - but it is sooooo motivating when i see it go down.

Hang in there...I think so much of this is a mental game! If you stay OP , you will lose weight!
  • I have 19 lbs to go. But my body has been holding on to the weight with dear life. Had a 6 week stall finally broke it. But now I am slowing down again. These 19 lbs will take forever to come off
  • Hi ladies,

Down 2 lbs this morning!! Woohoo ....let's just hope they don't come knocking on my door again lol. I'm also beginning a little scale obsessed but I justify it by saying I'm only checking to know if I'm on the right track...once the pounds start coming off ill only check in once a week (I hope I can stick to that.)

Yay for even the smallest losses!

We can do this
  • Quote: I have 19 lbs to go. But my body has been holding on to the weight with dear life. Had a 6 week stall finally broke it. But now I am slowing down again. These 19 lbs will take forever to come off
    I'm in the same boat, I've been between 134-135 for 5 weeks now
  • Quote: Hi ladies,

Down 2 lbs this morning!! Woohoo ....let's just hope they don't come knocking on my door again lol. I'm also beginning a little scale obsessed but I justify it by saying I'm only checking to know if I'm on the right track...once the pounds start coming off ill only check in once a week (I hope I can stick to that.)

Yay for even the smallest losses!

We can do this
    Since I do IP with alternatives, I don't have a coach/clinic and weigh in at home. My "official" weigh in day is Saturday morning, but I weigh myself usually at least 5 times a week. It's more to see how certain foods and activities affect my water weight/gaining muscle/etc.

I've been having a hard time the last few weeks between Easter, my birthday and starting to work more hours at the hospital and rotating to night shifts. The culture of nurses (and I'm sure other professions!) is to give give give - and on my unit, they love to bring in/share food!! We have "munchy Mondays" and "ice cream Fridays" and almost every overnight shift and weekend they order out for dinner (Thai, subs, pizza, chicken kabob plates with fluffy pita bread, etc). Just yesterday a nurse brought in a huge tub of her famous homemade guacamole with Tostitos chips and everyone was digging in and moaning about how good it was......

I guess I'm just having a pity party for myself, but I'm finding that my motivation and willpower is seriously waning, this last week especially. I'm even craving foods I don't even like that much. I'd kill someone for peanut butter or a fresh hunk of baguette bread.

I fit into almost all of my old clothes (size 6) and I'm only slightly halfway past my goal. Our wedding is in August, and I so badly wanted to be 135 going into the summer - I'm slightly frustrated at how long it's even taken for me to get to 148. Ok, rant over.
  • Quote: Ok, rant over.
    Hey, if you can't rant here where else can you?

I can't imagine how tough it is to be around all that temptation. I'm lucky I'm a SAHM for now so I don't have to deal with all of that but I find even my son's peanut butter sandwiches look absolutely mouth watering lol.

Well, this morning I stepped on the scale and I was back up 1 pound..WTH!? I'm so frustrated. I have a size 6 dress sitting in my closet that I would love to wear to a wedding next month but it doesn't zip all the way up. I'd just need maybe another 5 lbs for it to fit so the stress of that KILLS. My weigh ins are Friday( at home as I don't have a coach as well) and I really want to resist stepping on the scale until then.

FYI you're gorgeous already...you will look absolutely stunning on your wedding
  • hey everyone.. I am working towards my 20lb goal too.
    I was 160 lbs and aiming to go towards 140lbs and I am 5'4. Started the plan on Apr03

W1- 7lbs , W2- 0lbs, W3 - 1lb, W4- 2lbs

I was hoping i will be done in 3 weeks looking at the first weigh in but it's going longer than I thought.

My weigh in for this week is tomorrow. Hoping to see atleast 3lbs loss. Weird enough but I am losing weight everywhere else except on my butt and thighs and those were my problem areas all along.

Does anyone here exercise while on plan?

• My coach thought I should go into phase 2 yesterday since I am so close and figured I would lose the rest because my last few weeks have been really slow as well. Adding a second normal protein to my day now. Hopefully I keep moving down. I M 1.5 pounds from my goal but now that I am almost there, I feel I should go a bit lower.
  • I was exercise but didn't find it made much of a difference and I found I was hungrier as well. I know for myself through years of dieting and over exercising, that the diet is the absolute most important thing to make a diet work. Exercise was secondary. I once trained for a half ironman race and gained weight in the process from eating too many carbs. I was certainly fit but I was not as fit looking as I would have thought.