Old 08-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Quick question and sorry that it's TMI but, do any of you suffer from loose BMs on IP? I'm finding that since I started IP that I have watery bm's and I'm constantly going (3-4x a day) The week I was off IP while on vacation my bm's went back to normal. Anyone else suffer from this? Sorry, TMI!
Babyblues4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #152  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
I went for a bike ride, kids in trailer, and took a spill =( Beyond the sheer humiliation of it, I hurt my left shoulder and lower abdominal muscle, right neck muscle and right hand. Fortunately, the only serious injury was to my finger (sprain) and everything else is more like whiplash . . . just sore/achy. I feel incredibly fortunate that the kids weren't hurt, the bike wasn't really damaged and I spun out on the grass (rather than the pavement I started on).

My tummy is hurting tonight. Not sure if it is due to last night's carb fest or the new estrogen pills or something else. I wasn't 100% OP yet today, since I got hungry at the doctor and had some crackers and had an extra muscle milk lite when I shouldn't have. net result was around 100 carbs total for the day. I figure I will keep reducing and improving to get back into ketosis. Hopefully can make it to the gym tomorrow too . . .
Coliep, I'm glad you weren't hurt more seriously and that the kids are ok. Please take it easy at the gym until you're feeling better. You don't want to give yourself a set-back!
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #153  
Working on the Last 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride2Be310 View Post
Emmy I read your mom story and had to chuckle because I'm struggling with my mother as well... and I see her EVERYDAY!
She'll do things like offer me food but take it back, almost tauntingly - and she drives me up the wall with her competitiveness.
She's trying to lose weight for the wedding too but she feels that she's not 'overweight' enough to have to succumb to a diet like mine...so she's just cutting out high carbs - and everday I see her she says something along the lines of "oh hey look at me, I lost more weight than you without having to do what you do" but she doesn't realize she's just starving her body so the minute she cracks, she's going to regret it. Moms will be moms....
Just had to share, I think that my mom's horns are fully grown - >;{
Maybe you could make a pact with your mom that you don't discuss your diet progress? Tell her you have a diet buddy and don't want to focus on all this more than you need to. Suggest she get a diet buddy too for support.

Not all of us mom's have horns. Maybe it's the difference of having an adult son that's a best friend to me. Is is a mother/daughter thing? I have friends that say it's more difficult with their daughters. I can't be competitive with my son and try to just be his best fan.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #154  
Working on the Last 10!

I'm back on IP this morning. I'm up a pound that I lost during the first week and now it's time to get back into losing. I didn't add back very many carbs, and stuck to mostly protein so I hope there's no carb withdrawal involved this week.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Babyblues - I had a brief instance of that (1-2 days) not sure if it was the diet (i have read detoxing can cause it) or a virus (there was one going around).

Calee - I am up, too. Not feeling very encouraged :/
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Too much cal/mag can cause diarrhea. Cut back one pill and see if it helps!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:20 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

I am down 17 pounds in 3 weeks! Omg, I NEVER saw this coming 10 more to go. I actually started at a size 12 and just bought jeans the other day from American Eagle in a size 8! I so love IP! My biggest challenge has been getting my veggies in for lunch. Any ideas?
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Celtic-Are you measuring yourself? I have found I am really losing inches. Just a thought.
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #159  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

I feel like I'm treading water and the scale is a shark waiting to pounce. I have a WI tomorrow after about two weeks. I waited because I hadn't been losing, so I played the game....wait two weeks and I won't be discouraged.

However, peeking at home....the scale is just not moving! In the beginning I lost inches, but now not so much. This week I started "bootcamp" eating only chicken and fish and not eating higher carb veggies.

I drink, drink, drink. I add a packet on the days I run. I see my coach tomorrow but feel I need to have some possible solutions in mind for her. I love the program....but not loving the results. Five weeks in I should be down at least 10-12 pounds, not just 5! AHHHHHHHHHH.
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #160  
Working on the Last 10!

Celtic, don't give up!

Amaliayosa, you're doing great! Please keep posting to give us the inspiration to just keep going.

Coliep, I'm sorry you're up a bit.

I'm on day 2 again. Yesterday went ok until dinner. I had to meet friends and family for dinner. They gave me a few choices of where to go so I read the menu's. I settled on a Caesar with Shrimp so that I'd get lettuce and protein. the cheese and dressing were NOT on plan so I'm going for an OP day today. I didn't have carb cravings which was great. I really didn't add many carbs back for the two weeks I was not paying close attention. The sodium in the Chicken soup yesterday along with the caesar and I'm definitely retaining fluids this morning.

Here's to an OP day!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Celtic - I feel you. I have gained back 3-4 pounds and the scale is going up despite hard work. Even calorie counting, I should lose 1-2 lbs / week but am not. I really have absolutely no idea what is going on but it is definitely discouraging =(
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #162  
Working on the Last 10!

ACK, I'm sorry to read about this stalls/gains. I know how demoralizing that is. Let's all please hang in there and see where this goes. I'm 2 days back OP and hoping to hit Ketosis soon. I've had a good day today. I'm about to go out and walk 3.5 miles which will feel great.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

Hello All! I'm back from a 10 day vacation! I'm sorry to hear about all the stalls and gains. I know it's party of getting closer to your weight goal. I also think that once I start working out again, ironically I'll have more problems losing weight.

But for today - I'm a success story. With 10 days of vacation, and the only thing near IP I did was drink a Whey Protein Isolate shake for breakfasts most of the time - I only gained 1.6lbs. This is with chips, corn, potato, rice, bread, english muffin, french fries, hot dog, wedding cake, etc. I kept my portions small, made tiny changes, and didn't drink too much, but still - I was SHOCKED to see I'd only gained back 1.6.

Yesterday was my first day back OP and it was VERY difficult to not give myself one more day of vacation. I'm not quite back in the habit of drinking enough water yet either. Already down 1 of the 1.6 gained ....

However - I know a stall will come soon enough - usually the weight comes off pretty easily until about 135 - but then I'll stall. Also, I'm only doing IP for three more weeks - then I'm going to move to my own version of Phase II - so I'll need lots of help for that.
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 155/137.2/125 - Age 25

Height: 5'1

Calee - I think it is a mother/daughter thing. Sometimes I just avoid the conversation...I'm pretty used to it. Asian mothers are the biggest criticizers I feel...maybe I feel that way because it's all I see lol

amaliayosa - congrats! I wish I could have that kind of success as you, I'm in my 2nd week and have only lost 7lbs.

Celtic & coliep - I feel you guys...I was really rolling downhill losing a pound a day and all of a sudden the scale is either the same or gained a pound back. It's so sad to say but it almost ruins your whole day... I guess that's why they tell you not to weigh yourself all the time - I'm going
Bride2Be310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 155/137.2/125 - Age 25

Height: 5'1

That's awesome!!! I hope I can do that over my honeymoon in October!
Bride2Be310 is offline   Reply With Quote