Old 07-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
So my discovery this week, either my office suddenly got cold, or this diet has caused me to feel cold at temps that I would not have normally been cold.

NSV this morning. I went to put on my belt to hold up my pants that are getting too big. Well the belt needed a belt to hold it up. So I cut a new hole in my belt. Wow did that feel good. It is about 2 inches in from the smallest hole it had! Even the new hole is a little loose. I am trying to prolong the buying of new clothes as long as I can.
I went through a "cold" stage as well. Doesn't last too long, thankfully! Congrats on the NSV - have you considered the thrift store? My girlfriend suggested it and I was in buying size 13/14 jeans today for about $6 a pair. When I move to the next size, I'll donate these back, in the meantime, I look soooo much better without the baggy butt, thighs, etc.
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #77  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
NSV - yesterday I was texting with my sister, and for the first time ever she said she was proud of me...
Awwwwwwe!! That is so sweet!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Well it finally happened...my jeans fell down to my knees while I was standing in line at walmart... And I was holding a gallon of milk and a box of diapers ... I was mortified. I felt sick to my stomach... I couldn't look at anyone and almost cried.
and before u all say I need to wear a belt, I wish I could but I'm highly allergic to metal and can't wear belts
On the plus side I went under my bedonce I got home and pulled out my smaller sized clothes and fit back in to a 16 again
Oh gosh that's terrible!! So sorry!! But "woot woot" to fitting back into a 16!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post
Another 3 lbs lost and 3 inches gone!! Mini milestone, by being out of the 230's!! And under the 100 lb to lose! I feel so good about myself and i love this forum everyone else's weight loss success helps to keep me motivated! Thanks everyone.
YAY FOR YOU!!!!! Congrats!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
WI today -1.4 lbs.

According to my ticker I made it to goal. Technically I still need to lose .8 lbs, but as they say don't sweat the small stuff.

I start Phase 3 tomorrow, I hope that I am not one of those people that gain on Phase 3. But I am looking forward to breakfast tomorrow. I can't wait to have a banana. I have really missed them.

And I will be completely phased off before my hubby and I go to Vegas for our anniversary!
WOW!!! HOW AWESOME!!!! Congrats on a job well done!!! Can't wait to hear about what you eat for breakfast for the next 2 weeks!! Heehee!! Hubby and I will be starting Phase 3 in about a week....we are so pumped to have toast for breakfast!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Well it finally happened...my jeans fell down to my knees while I was standing in line at walmart... And I was holding a gallon of milk and a box of diapers ... I was mortified. I felt sick to my stomach... I couldn't look at anyone and almost cried.

and before u all say I need to wear a belt, I wish I could but I'm highly allergic to metal and can't wear belts

On the plus side I went under my bedonce I got home and pulled out my smaller sized clothes and fit back in to a 16 again
And you still probably had more on than lots of people at Walmart!!

Last edited by patns; 07-28-2011 at 08:12 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #79  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

HUGE victory today.

So... I went to the gym today for my pilates lesson. They had a guy with a body fat monitor and so, what the heck, I decided to check it out. It came with BMI of 24.9 = NORMAL and body fat percentage of 27% (average NOT obese). I was ecstatic! He asked me about the diet. I ended up talking about it a little more than normal. I've become very reclusive when people ask me, but somehow this was different.

Had a great pilates session and on my way to toning! WOW DO MY ABS NEED TO BE STRENGTHENED.

I signed up for 4 private lessons to get the jist of everything and remember all the techniques. Then I'll switch to group lessons which are much, much cheaper so that I can go twice each week. I love the pilates instructor (we talked about diet, she lost 40lbs ten years ago and is tiny) and am really looking forward to being in the gym and not feeling like people are staring at me wondering why my hard work isn't paying off.

I am HAPPY today.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 07-28-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angell View Post
So can anyone give me some tips to stay motavated
I have been reading old posts and keep checking the posters’ stats. It is very motivating since you know they stayed with it even the weeks that they had small losses and now they are either at the goal or very close to it.
Good luck to you.

Quote:
WI today -1.4 lbs.

According to my ticker I made it to goal. Technically I still need to lose .8 lbs, but as they say don't sweat the small stuff.

I start Phase 3 tomorrow, I hope that I am not one of those people that gain on Phase 3. But I am looking forward to breakfast tomorrow. I can't wait to have a banana. I have really missed them.

And I will be completely phased off before my hubby and I go to Vegas for our anniversary!
Congratulations. You are going to do great in phase 3. I hope that I too would be able to celebrate making it to my goal in six months. Great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureskinnygirl View Post
WI#2: Down another 4 pounds for a total of 13 in 2 weeks!
Also 10 inches gone!
Wow, you have done such a great job. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
HUGE victory today.

So... I went to the gym today for my pilates lesson. They had a guy with a body fat monitor and so, what the heck, I decided to check it out. It came with BMI of 24.9 = NORMAL and body fat percentage of 27% (average NOT obese). I was ecstatic! He asked me about the diet. I ended up talking about it a little more than normal. I've become very reclusive when people ask me, but somehow this was different.

Had a great pilates session and on my way to toning! WOW DO MY ABS NEED TO BE STRENGTHENED.

I signed up for 4 private lessons to get the jist of everything and remember all the techniques. Then I'll switch to group lessons which are much, much cheaper so that I can go twice each week. I love the pilates instructor (we talked about diet, she lost 40lbs ten years ago and is tiny) and am really looking forward to being in the gym and not feeling like people are staring at me wondering why my hard work isn't paying off.

I am HAPPY today.
I think the fat % is the true indication of how great a shape one is in. Congratulations. Now you can feel that you truly have lost your fats. Good luck on your Pilates lessons. You are going to have a gorgeous body.

Well almost the end of the 2nd day for me. Today was much better than yesterday. I still got hungry a few times, but without even thinking I got my lettuce and started munching, lol. It was very filling.

I have been very tempted to step on the scale, but so far I have talked myself out of it. I want to wait for at least 4 days so that when I check my weight I see a big difference hopefully, lol. I hope can control myself tomorrow morning.

Have a great night everyone.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Made a YUMMY New concoction...

So tonight I used my 6.5 oz ground beef and sauteed it with 1 Cup of green/red/yellow bell peppers, sea salt, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cayanne pepper and YUMMY I sprinkled lettuce and fresh tomato on top. I am going to name it Fiesta Meat..... I don't really like peppers, but I bought them and they were going bad, so I needed to cook them, they turned sweet and were so yummy. Just thought I would share, also had to add 1 cucumber to get my veggies in, but I love those, so no problem.....
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #82  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Can we have tomatoes once a week?
whirlybird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
Can we have tomatoes once a week?
Tomatoes are on my list as a restricted veggie once a week... I probably only threw 1/4 cup on....it was soooo good....
Old 07-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
WI today -1.4 lbs.

Hooray for you!!!!
justamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #85  
Started IP on 7/15/2011

S/C/G: 184/161/130

Height: 5ft4in

Default Somewhat of a challenging day

Hello all,

After a fabulous WI yesterday, today I found it hard to stay OP, but I did. My co-workers ordered pizza today from a local restaurant with an excellent pizza reputation, and it was really hard not to sneak a slice, but I managed to grab my shaker, packet of soup, and veggies and eat those.

I'm excited for my dinners because I have them all in the fridge after spending hours cooking and chopping yesterday. Tonight I had a very simple and very delicious shrimp stir fry.

I hope all is going well for everyone!!!!

Take care,
TG
Travel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Princess Jessica, instant coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
That is so exciting! I LOVE cruises, and they are so affordable right now it is ridiculous. Especially when you consider all that is included.
I think most of the major cruise lines do free babysitting, but I am not sure. I have done Carnival and Norwegian, and they were both excellent. Now I want to go on a cruise....
Just to let you know, the site I used for both my cruises (And someone tell me if this breaks the no promoting other websites or links rule and I will remove it) is vacationstogo.com. You can search all the cruises on all the cruiselines where and when you wanna go, and they have always had the best discounts for me.
It will be so much fun!! Especially in your new body.
Sorry to post this here but they closed the other page I was looking for. I wanted to let you know how the Vanilla Pudding cakes came out w/instant coffee. I boiled the water 2oz. that recipe calls for and put 2 tbs instant coffee into the water let it cool a bit then added it to the egg whites and vanilla. Then mixed in the Ip vanilla Pudding packet w/cinnamon and used 1/4 tsp BAKING POWDER instead of baking soda was very delish!
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #87  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by angell View Post
Hi everyone i started the IP July 19 i lost 7 pounds the first week and only 1 pound the last 3 days has this happend to anyone else
you have to let the program work for you, tempting as it is try and not weigh yourself, unless you can handle the ups and downs the scale with give you over the week. I for one cannot handle it so weigh only at wi once a week... except when I want to reach a mini goal and then I become obsessive, but I still only try to weigh at home once a week then and at the clinic once.

Welcome and you can do this, it is an easy diet but very strict.

Quote:
WI today -1.4 lbs.

Congrats I am so happy for you, you are going to have an awesome time on your vacation too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
HUGE victory today.

I am HAPPY today.
that is great news, you must be very proud of yourself. We are all proud of you... and so brave, I am still scared to step in a gym... maybe soon.

Congrats to all that have had nsvs and svs today, things are great, have a great night.

side note: I made endive chips today, not as good as kale chips... but my dog likes them? and I like the crunch... nice for a snack.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #88  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Please provide your input:

Time just got away from me tonight, so instead of making my own protein, I opted for an IP RTD shake. Since I already had an IP protein for my lunch and plan to for my snack as well..... Am I doing something harmful or not recommended. I've been on this plan for almost 5 months and this is the first time I've done this. My fear was grabbing something quick out of my fridge that would not have been a good choice. Thanks for your feedback.
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #89  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLoMN View Post
Please provide your input:

Time just got away from me tonight, so instead of making my own protein, I opted for an IP RTD shake. Since I already had an IP protein for my lunch and plan to for my snack as well..... Am I doing something harmful or not recommended. I've been on this plan for almost 5 months and this is the first time I've done this. My fear was grabbing something quick out of my fridge that would not have been a good choice. Thanks for your feedback.
I think you made a smart decision, if you don't have time it is better to take a IP packet then do something that isn't on plan.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #90  

Default Input...Mushroom soup

So tomorrow I go for WI # 2, and have to get new food. An update, they do offer a "swap basket" but choices are a little limited, not bad though..... I LOVE The chicken soup, have not had mushroom, but love me some grilled mushrooms. Any opinions about the mushroom soup????