3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Very quick question re: pudding cakes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239322-very-quick-question-re-pudding-cakes.html)

Purrfect 07-27-2011 11:21 PM

Very quick question re: pudding cakes

Hi all,

when I take my cakes out of the oven to cool, they sink like rocks in the middle.
even using the bakingsoda.
does this happen to everyone else, or am I doing something wrong?
:?:
I use the recipe posted: 2oz water, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 egg white, pudding packet, usually some cinnamon and either splenda or xylitol.

Skurzy 07-27-2011 11:22 PM

Mine do the exact! i like to call them more like pudding cookies...

wuv2bloved 07-27-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purrfect (Post 3959690)
Hi all,

when I take my cakes out of the oven to cool, they sink like rocks in the middle.
I use the recipe posted: 2oz water, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 egg white, pudding packet, usually some cinnamon and either splenda or xylitol.

Thats what mine did the first time, the second time i cooked them longer and they didn't sink

Purrfect 07-28-2011 03:28 PM

How much longer, wuv2? Thanks!! I"m going to try again tonight. They are alot to look forward to even sunk in!!

jennydoodle 07-28-2011 05:15 PM

Every single time.

wuv2bloved 07-28-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purrfect (Post 3960902)
How much longer, wuv2? Thanks!! I"m going to try again tonight. They are alot to look forward to even sunk in!!

i cooked them 5-10 mins longer

Maile 07-29-2011 11:08 AM

Mine always sinks as well.

Determinedat47 07-29-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Hi all,

I do mine the same way, only I do not use baking soda or the sweetener. I do use 2-3 egg whites and put the batter in one ramikin. Makes a nice chunk of "cake" or brownie if chocolate. Mine sink too but they are soo yummilicious.

Purrfect 07-29-2011 08:19 PM

so what is it that keeps a regular cake from sinking? the fat: or I guess the flour is supporting. Oh well. They still are a fantastic treat. I am going to get the peppermint extract and try and make the chocolate peppermint one, too. That sure sounds great.

niknakjack 07-29-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

Mine sink too, but they turn out better when I use baking powder instead of baking soda. I also have beed using 1 oz. water and 1 oz. da vinci or toroni syrup for extra special flavors.

Purrfect 07-29-2011 10:06 PM

Sounds like a good idea, i tried your idea with the baking powder and I also liked it better. Then I tried splitting soda and powder, that was good too. It's great sharing ideas. Thanks.

Busymomx4 08-05-2011 10:41 AM

Those pudding cakes seem delicious but as i'm new at this, i was just wondering how come we can use egg whites and a IP packet at the same time, aren't they both supposed to be 1 meal each?

JackieGee 08-05-2011 10:47 AM

How much baking powder do you use?

And does anyone have ideas for flavoring that might go well with the butterscotch pudding? I have a few butterscotch packets.

Maile 08-05-2011 11:16 AM

I have used almond flavoring with butterscotch..rum is good with the dark chocolate..do not know how it would taste with butterscotch.

petie 08-05-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 3975021)
Those pudding cakes seem delicious but as i'm new at this, i was just wondering how come we can use egg whites and a IP packet at the same time, aren't they both supposed to be 1 meal each?

2 eggs are a protein meal. Egg whites don't count.