Old 07-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #121  
Incredible Shrinking Wife

S/C/G: 172.8/142/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Josey - 9 pounds in 2 weeks is fabulous!! I just hit that in 3. VERY impressed and inspired!!

MrsD - traveling does takes its toll, especially if you were flying (water retention). They do suggest only 1 restricted per day, so 2 bars may be inhibiting weight loss but there is no way to know for sure. As for working out, they suggest an extra 1-2 packets (probably 1 unless you are highly athletic) but not an extra bar. Maybe next time just bring more packets or RTD drinks if its the convenience you need? That said, I applaud your efforts while traveling and think that while an extra bar might have slowed you (and might not have) that is WAYYYYY better than eating out or going off protocol. Great job!

I would suggest 1 day or 2 days of Phase 1 boot camp (i.e. no restricteds), up your water, and see if it doesn't balance out for you after a day or so.
Thanks, Josey & Coliep,
Good idea on the "back to basics" approach - I'll do that through the weekend and see if it levels. And yes, I travel like this often... so I am trying to just figure out how to stay OP while I do it. I've read the "traveling on IP" thread so many times I've lost track! Appreciate your input!
MrsD75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #122  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Gooood morning! And another beautiful sunny day it is outside in the land of Port Hardy..

Well..i jumped on my scale this morning and it inched down another .8 of a pound..which just ticked me off!! I was like "cmon, lucky number 15..15th pound...be the right number today!" But nope...i needed to lose .2 or "200grams" for me to have officially lost my 15th pound.. Alas..i will try for tommorow..at least its still going down..thats good..

In other news today: I wear flip flops through snow rain and heat..im chronically warm all the time..but man..the past few nights..i have been freezing at work! Just cold..and cranking the heat in the office..cause man..its almost un-bearable..and usually i dont wear much to bed ..but ive been having to put my sweats on and a long shirt..Geeeeeze!!!!!

Kale chips....oh man.. i go over this every single time i go to the grocery store..every time i think "hmmm..salt and vinegar...kale chips...mm could be good..sounds good"... and then every time i look at them in the grocery store and decide not to buy them because my reaction is " oh my gosh! how can this taste good? seriously? a leafy looking thing turn into a "chip" and so once again i go by another day without trying them...

Well..im happy..its day 5 of my re-start! boo yah! and noooooo cravings at all! but im still finding myself hungry..Yesterday i downed almost 5 litres of water ..maybe thats why my face and body looks so puffy today?

Well.. i hope everyone has a great day on plan..

Oh and WAYWARD... why not spread the protein out? That sounds like a lot to consume in a sitting.. Our bodies can only actually effectivly digest about 20 grams of protein in a sitting...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #123  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!!! -On plan!! Lol :P

Ooooookay...so..its an a.ok day today..its sunny..its nice out..but i have to work..boo.. i have a headache too.. booo... im not feelin myself.. im feeling excessively warm right now..which is odd.. i keep drinking my water but im constantly running to the fishbowl ...just cant stop peeing!!

Anywho..just poppin in to say hi..!! good luck on another day on plan!
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 154.5/134/128

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Good luck ex-piglet, let us know how it goes.

Always nice to run into a fellow rider.. Yamaha FJR1300 Sport Tourer here.
I only have 2 women in the class this weekend, but I have taught I think 70% women over the past season and a half, women are starting to ride again a lot more.
I have a gsxr600. I've been a passenger my whole life, nothing like riding your own ride!!!

so i weighed in and lost 6.5lbs!!!!!! so no chocolate, pizza, and ice cream for almost 9 days so far as paid off
ExPiglet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Gooood morning! And another beautiful sunny day it is outside in the land of Port Hardy..

Well..i jumped on my scale this morning and it inched down another .8 of a pound..which just ticked me off!! I was like "cmon, lucky number 15..15th pound...be the right number today!" But nope...i needed to lose .2 or "200grams" for me to have officially lost my 15th pound.. Alas..i will try for tommorow..at least its still going down..thats good..

In other news today: I wear flip flops through snow rain and heat..im chronically warm all the time..but man..the past few nights..i have been freezing at work! Just cold..and cranking the heat in the office..cause man..its almost un-bearable..and usually i dont wear much to bed ..but ive been having to put my sweats on and a long shirt..Geeeeeze!!!!!

Kale chips....oh man.. i go over this every single time i go to the grocery store..every time i think "hmmm..salt and vinegar...kale chips...mm could be good..sounds good"... and then every time i look at them in the grocery store and decide not to buy them because my reaction is " oh my gosh! how can this taste good? seriously? a leafy looking thing turn into a "chip" and so once again i go by another day without trying them...

Well..im happy..its day 5 of my re-start! boo yah! and noooooo cravings at all! but im still finding myself hungry..Yesterday i downed almost 5 litres of water ..maybe thats why my face and body looks so puffy today?

Oh and WAYWARD... why not spread the protein out? That sounds like a lot to consume in a sitting.. Our bodies can only actually effectivly digest about 20 grams of protein in a sitting...
Port, try the chips!!!!! My 9 yr old son and my husband won't stay out of them!!!!!
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #126  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Piglet nice... I am not much of a sport bike rider, just because I am too big to be comfortable on them, but working on that.
Grats on the loss.

Jases, wow going old school, Terminator the original or you could go with 2 as well.

Heather, great to hear you are doing well, congrats on the loss, a loss is a loss no matter what.

Wow getting slammed this afternoon, I have been typing this message for over 30 minutes.
Guess I need to go, have a good night everyone.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #127  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPiglet2 View Post
I have a gsxr600. I've been a passenger my whole life, nothing like riding your own ride!!!

so i weighed in and lost 6.5lbs!!!!!! so no chocolate, pizza, and ice cream for almost 9 days so far as paid off
WONDERFUL WEIGHT LOSS!!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #128  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post

GOOD JOB ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #129  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasesgirl View Post
COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!!! -On plan!! Lol :P

Ooooookay...so..its an a.ok day today..its sunny..its nice out..but i have to work..boo.. i have a headache too.. booo... im not feelin myself.. im feeling excessively warm right now..which is odd.. i keep drinking my water but im constantly running to the fishbowl ...just cant stop peeing!!

Anywho..just poppin in to say hi..!! good luck on another day on plan!
Just remember every time you go to the "fish bowl" you are losing fat! then it won't be so bad to go every 30 minutes.....haha...that is how I think of it, the more water I drink the more time I go to the bathroom and more fat comes out! so I don't mind at all
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #130  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Thumbs up

I agree, wuv2! I am so aware of where every loo is!! But I think about the fat leaving...
you are doing so well. What is it (just curious, it is a real determined person that can stay the course) that made you finally decide it was time, and to stick to it?
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:59 AM   #131  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
I agree, wuv2! I am so aware of where every loo is!! But I think about the fat leaving...
you are doing so well. What is it (just curious, it is a real determined person that can stay the course) that made you finally decide it was time, and to stick to it?
At the end of March I could barely walk. I went to the Dr and found out that I have severe arthritis in my right hip and lower back. I will eventually have to have a hip replacement. I am only 45 and a new hip only last about 10 years the dr said. I also have no more cartlidge in my lower back or my right hip. I called my mom to tell her what I found out because I was freaking out. She worked with someone who was on this program and told me to look into it so I did and here I am. My mom pays for my food because I can't afford it. She is doing the alternative way and my brother is on IP. They decided about 3-4 weeks after I started and saw how well I was doing and got on the wagon also. My mom has loss around 25lbs and at her goal, my brother has loss 37 lbs he has 20 left to go to get to his goal. I on the other hand have 89lbs or so to go, I put my goal at 250 (135lbs to loss) because that is what I weighed 24 years ago but I know once I get to 250 I will want to go to 200 (which would be right at 200lbs). Hopefully losing this much weight I will be able to cope with the pain in my back and hip and prolong the replacement as long as possible. So to date I have loss 56lbs in 12 weeks, nothing but positive thoughts and to stay OP 100% until the very end!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Wow WUV that is quite a story! That is great that you have family support in several ways to make this journey possible. I fully believe that such a significant weight loss will help with the arthritis and your comfort level. Good for you for taking control of it and going down this path. The extra weight on top of a condition must take its toll. At almost 60 pounds gone I bet you already feel amazing! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to follow your story!

Can glucosamine or something else also help with your joint function? I am almost 38 and notice a lot of clicks and aching so I have started to take this supplement. I know there's aren't a ton of studies but some swear by it so I figured I would give it a try. Also consider accupuncture or accupressure or other wester physical therapy during your process . . . you might be surprised!

I, for one, am disappointed (but not discouraged) that the scale is up almost a pound this morning . . . just goes to show I shouldn't expect a weight loss on my time frame. It will come . . .
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
At the end of March I could barely walk. I went to the Dr and found out that I have severe arthritis in my right hip and lower back. I will eventually have to have a hip replacement. I am only 45 and a new hip only last about 10 years the dr said. I also have no more cartlidge in my lower back or my right hip. I called my mom to tell her what I found out because I was freaking out. She worked with someone who was on this program and told me to look into it so I did and here I am. My mom pays for my food because I can't afford it. She is doing the alternative way and my brother is on IP. They decided about 3-4 weeks after I started and saw how well I was doing and got on the wagon also. My mom has loss around 25lbs and at her goal, my brother has loss 37 lbs he has 20 left to go to get to his goal. I on the other hand have 89lbs or so to go, I put my goal at 250 (135lbs to loss) because that is what I weighed 24 years ago but I know once I get to 250 I will want to go to 200 (which would be right at 200lbs). Hopefully losing this much weight I will be able to cope with the pain in my back and hip and prolong the replacement as long as possible. So to date I have loss 56lbs in 12 weeks, nothing but positive thoughts and to stay OP 100% until the very end!
Wuv2be....it AMAZES me how you are one of the most upbeat, energized, supportive members on here!!!!! I LOVE having you as an accountablity partner
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #134  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Wooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody say Booyah!!!!!

So happy today! Jumped on mah scale and it said 281.4 which meant!!!! I have officially lost 15 pounds! I made the 15 pound mark! i was happy to add 1 dancing dude to my group and change my avatar to 15 pound chick!!! Yesssssss!!

Oh and 2 nsvs... My co-worker last night said "wow..your stomach totally doesnt hang over and stick out as much as it used to ? i can totally see a difference"

And

Another co-worker offered me a piece of chocolate and i said "nooooooo" and they said "oh sorry, thats right your on a diet" and i said "yess and im not even tempted"... So i think its easy to say i finally hit back into ketosis!!

The only thing that is bothering me..is my lack of sleep..like going to bed at 2am and then waking up at 7 am un-able to sleep...its like..ive got insomnia now..

When i used to eat carbs i used to have an easy time going to sleep..i would conk right out...and now..i cant get to sleep..and then when i do..im just so full of energy my body mentally is like "wooohoooo..go go go" and my body physically is "you need a nap" I cant believe how alert i feel most days now.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #135  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

GOOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!! -uh...er... i mean... online people..

What an awesome weekend it shall be! Not sure what i shall do. but it should be a good day! It just feels like a good day...

I guess i woke up on the right side of the bed this morning...

Anywho..juuuust poppin by to say hi to everyone..hope you all have a splendid day..

Hey Coliep..how goes the battle with the penut butter??? making any progress??
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote