Old 07-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Watkat - then I will try that syrup bcz the WF stuff is really like salty brown ick! Glad you enjoyed yours!

Yay Josey - great job! I made Kale chips the other day and loved them (so much that i am pretty sure I had more than my 2 cups of veggies!). I have been taking my lunch everywhere too -- usually a salad with dressing and a shake that I've frozen bcz it defrosts in time. Let 'em look =)

I had a good workout. Not a lot of oomph, but I feel very happy! I did 15 light minutes on the elliptical, then a 55 minute body sculpt class. I have been 100% OP and still have my 4th packet coming to me (I had dinner right after the workout - 8 ounces tuna + romaine/zucchini/broccoli saute).

I instructed the sitter to give the kids (and herself) the rest of the gelato =)

Yay me!
Coliep, the kale chips REALLY shrink and I can't resist, so since it is PRE cooking, I am sure I am over eating 2 cups of veggies. My husband and kids won't stay out of mine. Want to try some flavors. Also, does your oven smoke when you cook them????? Mine smokes up the house, I put on wax paper, could that be what is smoking? I had salad from Subway with my added raddishes (lettuce/spinach/pickles/red onion/) no dressing, because none were 0/0/0. I am waiting for WF individual packs of thousand island to arrive....
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #92  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Watkat - then I will try that syrup bcz the WF stuff is really like salty brown ick! Glad you enjoyed yours!

Yay Josey - great job! I made Kale chips the other day and loved them (so much that i am pretty sure I had more than my 2 cups of veggies!). I have been taking my lunch everywhere too -- usually a salad with dressing and a shake that I've frozen bcz it defrosts in time. Let 'em look =)

I had a good workout. Not a lot of oomph, but I feel very happy! I did 15 light minutes on the elliptical, then a 55 minute body sculpt class. I have been 100% OP and still have my 4th packet coming to me (I had dinner right after the workout - 8 ounces tuna + romaine/zucchini/broccoli saute).

I instructed the sitter to give the kids (and herself) the rest of the gelato =)

Yay me!
Great idea about freezing shake, I go back to school and have been jotting down ideas.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #93  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Josey, I was thinking with you going back to school you could get you a water bottle and make MIO ice cube, put them in the water bottle and let them melt. By the time you could drink it or take a break you would have ice cold MIO to drink. I froze one of my puddings the other night, took it out around lunch time for about 30 minutes and it was like an ice cold pudding it was yummy!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Josey, I was thinking with you going back to school you could get you a water bottle and make MIO ice cube, put them in the water bottle and let them melt. By the time you could drink it or take a break you would have ice cold MIO to drink. I froze one of my puddings the other night, took it out around lunch time for about 30 minutes and it was like an ice cold pudding it was yummy!
Thanks for the idea AND thinking about me to give me ideas (even though I bug you all day anyway!!) I have still resisted the MIO, it seems like we shouldn't have it, I am going to check with my coach tomorrow and if she says yes, I am buying the iced tea...... I tried the "jello"/jelly and it NEVER set up in the fridge, I finally just drank it....man, that stuff I made tonight was GOOD!! but the meat was only 80/20
Old 07-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

I made the kale chips in the toaster oven. The edges of some burned a little faster than I'd like until I turned the heat down. No smoking yet! I just did the sea salt and pam on mine. It was SO nice to have a little salty crunchy goodness!

In re going back to school, if you opt not to freeze maybe just buying the ready to drink version I have read so much about. do whatever makes it easiest on you. The flip side is that you could swap your dinner & lunch so you can just eat your protein at lunch but have your IP at dinner -- whichever makes it easier!

I tried my WF PB in a shake tonight. Still. Totally. Nasty. Biggest waste of $9 ever! It really us just not even peanut buttery at all! I tried the torani on amazon but the shipping is way too high =( Will check out my local store next shopping trip.
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

So intrigued by these kale chips ... how do I make them??
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #97  

I don't know what MIO is, but I just bought the Arizona iced tea (regular and pomegranate) that are splenda sweetened water flavoring packs. I thought it might be a nice treat. Are they ok? They are 0/0/0

As for kale chips, I am not sure what you are "supposed" to do since I didn't look up a recipe, i just cut all the green leafy parts off into chunks, sprayed lightly with pam and sprinkled with sea salt then put in the toaster over til they crisped but didn't burn.

Last edited by coliep; 07-28-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:15 PM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Thanks for the idea AND thinking about me to give me ideas (even though I bug you all day anyway!!) I have still resisted the MIO, it seems like we shouldn't have it, I am going to check with my coach tomorrow and if she says yes, I am buying the iced tea...... I tried the "jello"/jelly and it NEVER set up in the fridge, I finally just drank it....man, that stuff I made tonight was GOOD!! but the meat was only 80/20

Why do you think we can't have the MIO? its just flavoring!!...my coach said yup yup we can have it. This is my favorite to least favorite....Sweet tea, Pomegranate/Berry, Peach Mango, strawberry then fruit punch.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #99  

Quote:
Why do you think we can't have the MIO? its just flavoring!!...my coach said yup yup we can have it. This is my favorite to least favorite....Sweet tea, Pomegranate/Berry, Peach Mango, strawberry then fruit punch.
IDK, just soooo nervous about staying OP......you saw my text when I freaked out tonight AFTER I was done cooking b/c I was looking under P fo pepper and missed the B for bell pepper...... I am high maintainance!!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #100  

Someone posted the recipe for me. 1bunch kale torn into pieces. Put 3 Tblsp olive oil, 1 Tblsp apple cider vinegar and seasalt , toss kale in mixture. Bake20minutes or until crispy on 400.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #101  

Quote:
IDK, just soooo nervous about staying OP......you saw my text when I freaked out tonight AFTER I was done cooking b/c I was looking under P fo pepper and missed the B for bell pepper...... I am high maintainance!!

Have I steered you wrong yet??...look at my losses do you think if I wasn't OP I would have done so well?? but I understand, ask your coach tomorrow and let me know
Old 07-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #102  

Quote:
Have I steered you wrong yet??...look at my losses do you think if I wasn't OP I would have done so well?? but I understand, ask your coach tomorrow and let me know
Muhaaaaaaaaa... No u have not, u keep my on the straight and narrow....even testing me down in the grocery store
Old 07-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #103  

Quote:
Muhaaaaaaaaa... No u have not, u keep my on the straight and narrow....even testing me down in the grocery store
LOL...someone has to keep you on the straight and narrow....ha
Old 07-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #104  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Wow, you all have been busy talkers today! I can't check in while I'm at work, so I have to wait till I'm home and try to catch up.

I like the Sweet Tea and the Peach Tea Mio flavors. I got a free sample of the Watermelon and hated it. Maybe I put too much in. I should try it again.

I went to Pilates after work and it felt great to stretch and not get as exhausted as I did yesterday walking 3.5 miles. I'm going to try the walk again tomorrow and see if it's getting better. When did you all feel your energy come back?

Day 4 has been ok. I'm looking forward to dinner and some relaxing.

Congratulations to everyone on your victories, both big and small.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #105  

I felt better on day 4 or 5 I believe! It's right around the corner!