Old 07-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #61  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good morning Coliep! Good morning Watkat and Wayward and Calee and and and ...

Glad to hear everyone is doing great!!

I did good..stepped on my little scale and dropped a few more pounds !! yay!!
I think im finally starting to see a little loss here in there in my body! yay!
We are doing good!

Im on alternatives Wayward..but im doing what you are doing..i decided to add in a 5th protein packet..except instead of it being a packet..i just decided to add in 2 eggs..and it seems to have helped my losses a lot more..Im seeing bigger losses now...maybe at our size we just need more protein?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #62  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

GOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

RISE AND SHINE CAMPERS !!! ITS ANOTHER SUNNY BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE LAND OF WEIGHT LOSS!! (okay raining here)

But still!! What a good day..lost some poundage! yay!! and a few inches here and there...booyah!

I tried the Kholrabi fries last night! mmmmmmm..soooo goood! They look like fries, taste close to fries..as close as ive come yet..and totally curbs my desire for salty greasy french fries. Eating those and then enjoying chocolate covered soy puffs later..mmm ..feels like im cheating..but im not..

Glad you like the analogy Coliep...
To be honest though: I would rather you cheat on a spoon or two of peanut butter than you crave and give into something that is worse for you ..like something with sugar or carbs..

Its like me..the first time around i tried this diet..i craved ceasar salad..so i did lettuce with a tbsp of full fat ceasar dressing in place of my oil for the day and then added in some bacon crumbles.. i did this..cause if i was going to cheat.. i rather make it as close to low carb as possible! So just a thought..

Of course now..there is no cheating..im cool! I can do this without cheating this time..and i have lots to lose..

Hey Wayward! Good job! on the weigh in! Thats the way to do it!

For me personally.. i do like..3 packets and then i add in 4 eggs and 2 slices of veggie cheese at the end of the night just before bed..and i find it works..amazing...it keeps me feeling good and i thin its helping me lose..just like if you were to add another packet!! Mmm veggie cheese..the only permissible cheese on this diet!
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #63  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Heather.... glad to hear you are doing so well.
Keep it up, we don't have to be at the exact same
It's not about the numbers but the journey and the path you take.
Keep my informed of how your next week goes with the extra bit of protein and I will do the same with my increased volume.
Then we will compare notes and then we can see who has the better option.
I might just have to pound a couple of hard boiled eggs before bed if it will make that big of a difference.

Coliep, having re-read my last post, I hope it didn't come off like I was a dick, that wasn't my intent at all.
Keep up the good work, don't beat yourself up on your slips, I don't think they will effect you as much as someone of my size, so just stay positive and you will see the changes happen.
How many times did you slip up this week and you still lost some weight? You can't complain about that, keep your head up, and always feel free to "vent" here.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #64  
Started IP July 8th

And yes Jases I did catch the groundhog day reference.... huge movie fan.
Actually going through and reorganizing my collection right now.
Had a lot more than I thought I did lol, over 700 DVD's not counting box sets plus another 150 blu-rays.
Good thing I bought some disc organizers, I want to get rid of my huge wall unit I have so I can move my trainer into that room.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #65  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

Ok, so I have to admit I'm horrible at remembering to eat. I know that sounds funny as I clearly used to eat enough to end up here but I get busy at work during the day and forget to stop for food. For this week I made a commitment to myself to be OP 100% and follow the suggested times...and remember to drink a protein packet after dinner.

What a huge difference it's made. A shake first think in the morning with instant coffee gives me that little boost of energy I need to make it through to lunch and the evening snack definitely keeps me satisfied through the night until breakfast.

Nothing really exciting but I just thought I'd share that it feels so much better when I follow the plan...not just the food but the times as well.
CuteNcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Lol, thanks Wayward. I know that weight loss is relative and we cannot always understand where everyone else comes from, I totally get that. I also did figure I was annoying everyone with my posts, I just didn't really know what else to do. Sorry to have been that irritating voice via the computer!

I realize that my struggle to lose 20 pounds may seem trivial to others, but weight and weight loss is such a relative thing that it is still a big deal to, and a big struggle for, me. I don't mean any of that to come off defensive, because I am not trying to be, more just trying to explain a bit of where I come from and why my seemingly stupid 10lb struggle, which I know is causing people to yell through the computer "C'MON IT'S ONLY 10 FREAKIN' POUNDS, JUST DO IT" is still such a struggle!

So, Here's a glimpse into my 'troubled mind' ;-) . . .

...Imagine being a stay at home dad with your son (x3 . . . I have a 3, 2, and 1 year old), all day making him fruit salad, peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, stir fries with a sweet soy sauce, barbecue chicken, macaroni and cheese, (or insert some of your favorite foods), yogurt, waffles, etc. Don't lick your fingers, don't taste anything, try not to smell anything. Keep strong the 3-7x that you prepare these meals for them day after day and then help them eat the forbidden fruit! Oh, you're hungry you say because they are eating for the 4th time and all you've had is 150 calories but you cannot stomach another lettuce stir fry or green salad? Well, just be strong and stay 100% because you will lose 1 whole pound more per week if you are perfect so, in the end, you will be able to finish this program maybe 2 whole weeks sooner...". So, you have to unlearn your daily behaviors that are well ingrained - don't eat the scraps, it's ok to waste their uneaten food, don't taste it while cooking, don't let yourself get so hungry that you are munching on it while you prepare it, etc. It's not like you can just detour the break room or skip going out to eat with people who eat things you cannot, you must have your hands in these foods all day long...

That is just sort of a glimpse into what I am doing in a day and So, my struggle comes down to a few things: (1) If I am 100% OP I will finish the diet maybe 2 weeks sooner, which I guess doesn't seem such a horrible consequence to me (2) My "transgresions" are not bad-for-me foods and I am struggling to come to terms with the fact that just because the food itself isn't bad for me generally, doesn't make it good for me on this diet (this is a hard switch for me)!, (3) I am bored and sit around thinking too much about food because its too hot to distract myself outside and I cannot get a bunch of exercise (which is what I would normally do with down time), (4) For years I have been a calorie counter / exerciser . . . This diet turns that approach 100% on its head. Instead of maintaining the min. 1200 cals I was always told I should have, this is less. Instead of daily exercise, this is none. Instead of fruit / whole grains, this is none. Those were, in my opinion, good habits that I had embraced for years [minus the wine and snacks . . .which largely contributed to my starting IP!], so it is an inner struggle to let go of good habits for other good habits. It's not like i am struggling with giving up my daily french fries, but I am trying to trade healthy for healthy, so there is a constant battle with my inner voice.

*You might be thinking, if your habits were so good, why are you here at all? I thought I was invincible with my first pregnancy and gained 75 lbs. Took off 55 then became pregnant #2, gained 26, lost all that and then some but was pregnant with #3 before getting the rest of the original 75 off. I am now working on the last 5 from that 75 and another 5 (or more if I can) to get me to my pre-desk-job weight!

So, anyway, I am working, 1 day at a time (as I know we ALL are) at shifting my mindset so that I am not letting this inner battle derail me. That inner battle (that I have admittedly lost) is what I have vented about on here.

That's a bit about me!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #67  

Oh, and to answer your question, I cheated twice.

Thanks everyone else for the kind words of encouragement and for understanding =) I feel strong!

I think the next time I am tempted, I should put on a bikini. that will be humbling enough to keep me from eating ;-)
Old 07-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #68  
Started IP July 8th

Opens a big window into your life actually.
It would be a much harder chore staying at home with 3 little ones.
If they didn't require so much attention etc. you could do what I do and ride a trainer, but heck right about the time you would get into it one of them would need something.
That's why my training time is so limited, I only do it when my wife goes on walks with our little one
Makes a lot more sense, I have to say though, without seeing pictures of you, you must be in pretty good shape at 5' 7", 145 having 3 kids right in a row.
Not to sound internet pervy, but for a mother of 3 right in a row to weigh 145 good job!!!

Make sure you aren't trying to look like one of those ridiculously skinny mom's.

I commend you for your struggles, it must be much harder than us who get to be busy at work all day and don't have to work with food as much as you do.
I know it might seem like I mention it a lot, but riding a bike trainer is pretty simple to squeeze in, even if you can only get it 10 minutes here and 20 minutes there.
It's not real loud, of course I have a little bit more expensive trainer, but when my wife and son were taking a nap the one time I rode while they were home I asked them if it was loud since I use headphones when I do it.
She said nope I didn't even hear it since the AC was on, I think what she heard was actually my trainer but she thought it was the AC lol.
I have mine on a treadmill mat to help with vibration and noise, so it takes up a little more room, about 3 feet by 6 feet, but you don't have to take up that much.

Don't do it the way I did, but for less than $200 you can go buy a new bike mountain or road it doesn't matter, and buy a trainer, you can get cheap ones for about $80 and you are good to go.
Or look on Craigslist, that is where I got my fluid trainer really cheap, saved about $250 on it.
Plus they come out of the trainers really quickly and now you have something you can go do with your kids, your husband, your friends.
This goes for ALL of us, it was suggested by my doctor I not run or walk for exercise.
While I don't have bad knees now, with my weight he said to start with either biking or swimming until I lose some weight so I don't get bad knees.

Ok bicycling rant off... but just trying to help people who think they can't do it, or exercise equipment is too expensive. You don't need a fancy exercise bike use a regular one.

Coliep have you tried any of the restricted peanut or peanut butter bars yet? I really think they will give you that fix you need.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #69  
Started IP July 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Oh, and to answer your question, I cheated twice.

Thanks everyone else for the kind words of encouragement and for understanding =) I feel strong!

I think the next time I am tempted, I should put on a bikini. that will be humbling enough to keep me from eating ;-)
Sure make me feel like a prick..... to EVERYONE ELSE lol....

Don't berate yourself with comments like the bikini thing.
Those are the types of things that make it harder for us to stay motivated.
Damn back to cycling again... that's also why I do it, I am inside my own house and don't feel bad about it like I would riding in public right now.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #70  
Started IP July 8th

Btw I meant to upload this yesterday since so many of you commented on my father's visit.
Here is the latest 3 generations of my family:
Old 07-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Sure make me feel like a prick..... to EVERYONE ELSE lol....

Don't berate yourself with comments like the bikini thing.
Those are the types of things that make it harder for us to stay motivated.
Damn back to cycling again... that's also why I do it, I am inside my own house and don't feel bad about it like I would riding in public right now.
NO NO NO!!!! See preceding entry of mine that begeins "Thanks Wayward..." The "Thanks everyone else" was intended so that I didn't overlook all the other people (in ADDITION TO YOU!) who took some time to share their thoughts with me. DIdn't mean that to come out as crappy as it sounded...ooops!

Ha, and I kinda meant the bikini thing. It's hard to eat something that's not good for you if its resting on your belly, ya know! I have also been known to wear pants that are a bit tight in hopes that it would remind me of my goal and keep me on track!

You have motivated me about the biking. I want to train for a sprint triathlon (though I really am not a strong lap swimmer), so I am going to take my bike (which is gathering dust in the basement for like 5 years now) for a tune up =)
Old 07-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #72  
Started IP July 8th

Good, I am glad all the hint dropping got through to someone at least
It's a good way to get cardio up and low impact, and pretty easy to get going.

For those that have no idea what the **** I am talking about, you hook a regular bike up to something that looks like this:

That is actually an $80 one.

Coliep, ok I will let the bikini comment slide this time I just want to make sure you stay positive and don't give yourself excuses to get down on yourself.

Always with kindness intended,
Wayward
Old 07-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

Coliep - have you ever looked at the eat clean diet? From some of your posts - it seems like you generally eat well, are you serving your kids clean eats? Greek 0% yogurt instead of the more sugary kind? Wheat products? Maybe if you're preparing clean eats any of your slip ups might not be "toooo bad" and it would be good because when you transition of IP you'll be eating clean and able to keep it off?

Just a thought - and I get the fact that regardless of how much you have to lose, constantly feeling like you want to lose and just aren't, or you're promising yourself you will and not ... it's just quite a toll. I have more weight to lose than you, but I'm also fortunate in the fact that I still have less than others. We're all at different journey points, but we all understand the mental struggle too.

You're getting there!
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #74  

What is a trainer? Like I can put my mountain bike in it and it makes it a stationary bike?

I do have an elliptical in the basement but right now that time for myself during naptime (when I used to squeeze it in) isn't coming togehter - oldest stopped napping, middle is potty training w/o a diaper so I need to be here for "the call". That said, I have a sitter who comes and another mom who I swap kids for exercise time when weather permits. I have decided that I miss it too much to continue on the no exercise thing, so I will start again my old routines and just taper as I fade due to the low carbs (I do fizzle faster). I am SO excited that I get today and tomorrow to workout I cannot stand it! And, next week I have some time lined up too. It is my kid-break as well. MUCH needed especially wtih DH traveling the majority of these 3 weeks! When DH returns home, I am start doing P90X with him in the morning then going for a run while he showers . . . this is all so early the kids are usually still asleep. If I can do that, I think I will see the results I am hoping for in terms of physical changes!

Great Pic, love the 3 generations together!!

Oh, and thanks for the compliment. I have worked pretty hard to get the weight off and try to be healthy. I have a little ways to go but feel proud that I am fighting heredity and a teeny bit of gravity with my efforts =)
Old 07-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #75  
Started IP July 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
What is a trainer? Like I can put my mountain bike in it and it makes it a stationary bike?

=)

See above lol..
thanks for the comment on the picture, it's kind of scary how much I am starting to look and act like my father as I get older.
And my oldest son looks just like my little brother now.
Here is my other son: