Old 07-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #16  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

O.k. lunch is over, of course I forgot this was my late day and only took 30 minutes instead of my hour I get... 2 weeks in a row dangit.

Breakfast - big shock, cappuccino drink
Lunch - bigger shock, chocolate drink, cucumbers and radishes

Now just need to get my water intake down for the day, you almost want to wait until after weigh-in I swear lol.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Wayward, yesterday was such a bittersweet day for you, having the joy of seeing your dad meet your son and then having the bad news about your mom.
Thanks for doing this new thread.

30to lose, is that Grande Prairie, Alberta?

I'm on my second day, it is going very well. My coach suggested a huge salad and said don't worry if it takes an hour to eat. Good thing I have the summer off, I wouldn't be able to get it all in on my lunch break.

Yesterday evening I make a chicken stir fry with all the veggies 30 to lose mentioned.
I used the WF ginger dressing on it. I thought I'd have enough for two meals but hubby came home and couldn't get enough of it. He kept saying, "You've never made a stir fry this good before!" I didn't tell him it was "diet". He has no weight issues, I hope he doesn't end up slipping through a grill if he likes all my OP meals that much.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 07-27-2011 at 05:07 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #18  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Yay finally have my signature, just wish the little guy had moved further before I got it lol.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

I eat Kohlrabi raw or baked in the oven sprinkled with salt (and parm but not allowed here).

Speaking of not allowed, I was great yesterday and graet . . . until a few minutes ago. I caved and allowed myself a bowl of homemade blueberry gelato for my son's first birthday. I guess I am thinking this diet isn't for me, sad to say. I seem to give in to something every couple of days even if my resolve is otherwise good. I had a whole bowl (probably 2 servings, or 1 cup)? I made it slightly different than called for so the sugar was lower but milk carbs higher (because I didn't use heavy cream or half and half). Anyway, again I think it puts me around 100 carbs. don't think I was even back in ketosis again after my downfall the other day so at least i don't think I am hurting myself that way. Anyway, will talk to my coach tomorrow and see what thye suggest. I think I will start Phase 3 and wean myself off of IP over the next few weeks given that I cannot stick to it very well.

Going to try for some exercise tonight to get rid of the carbs but I know that doesn't solve the problem.

Anyway, I am really surprised at how much I am failing here =(
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

coliep, thank you for the welcome. My baby is almost 2 and half. My problem is that I now weight about 10 pounds more than when I got home after my youngest was born!

useruser, me too, day 1 and I felt so hungry mid morning that I had my lunch just before 11, lol! I am going to have my snack in mid morning tomorrow and push my lunch to about 1 pm. I usually have breakfast around 7 am. How was your day 2?

Wayward, thank you for starting the new thread. I bet your dad was so exciting meeting your son. Sorry that you heard your mom is not doing as well as you thought.

JoseyM, last time that I lost weight, every 11 pounds that I lost I went down a size. I bet you are going to fit into most of your pieces in no time.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #21  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

why dont you just take a break from it ..thats what i did..i took a break and ate and ate and ate and totally just binged off the nines..then came back..hopped on plan and havent gone off since.. i got rid of the feelings of deprivation on the days i ate and now im on plan 100%
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

Coliep - don't be so hard on yourself - you're in good shape - you exercise regularly - you give in, typically, to reasonable things. You are not far from your goal weight - and that weight loss can be a different kind of beast. You naturally, it seems, tend to be a clean eater - just stick to less processed foods, good portions, and eat clean. That kind of diet should work well for someone that exercises and needs energy (if you're really getting off).
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #23  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasesgirl View Post
Hello everyone,

Well..im down another pound!! woohoo..that makes for 6 pounds in 3 days...boo ya!!! drink that water baby!
I thought of a creative idea for "noodles in soup"...take some deli meat and cut them into thin strips and the put in soup!! mmmmm...turkey noodle!

Anywho..got to run..hope yalls have a good day!
CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #24  

Jases - i am afraid that if I don't phase out properly that I will gain it back. I haev questions for my coach, i.e. is there any point in phasing out if you've already messed up?!

How did just going off of it work for you? Did you gain back

I don't want to go eat and eat and eat, but I do want to be able to enjoy a special treat (i.e. on my son's first birthday) or a tablespoon of peanut butter if I am feeling it... So I feel like I can sustain this eating OP 90% of the time . . . but on IP, 90% just isn't good enough....
Old 07-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #25  

And, 6 pounds in 3 days????? I have lost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks!!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

I get discouraged too - I'm not seeing great numbers, since Monday I've dropped at most .6 pounds - so at this pace, I could be doing any number of things and it working. But I have the food until August 5th so I'll see what the final tally is there. I know I look better. And, because I have a wedding looming, I've been able to stay OP.

Is it possible that too much tamari would slow me down? How much is too much?

Also, when are we permitted to start exercising? Has anyone found that they lose weight slower when the exercise?
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
I eat Kohlrabi raw or baked in the oven sprinkled with salt (and parm but not allowed here).

Speaking of not allowed, I was great yesterday and graet . . . until a few minutes ago. I caved and allowed myself a bowl of homemade blueberry gelato for my son's first birthday. I guess I am thinking this diet isn't for me, sad to say. I seem to give in to something every couple of days even if my resolve is otherwise good. I had a whole bowl (probably 2 servings, or 1 cup)? I made it slightly different than called for so the sugar was lower but milk carbs higher (because I didn't use heavy cream or half and half). Anyway, again I think it puts me around 100 carbs. don't think I was even back in ketosis again after my downfall the other day so at least i don't think I am hurting myself that way. Anyway, will talk to my coach tomorrow and see what thye suggest. I think I will start Phase 3 and wean myself off of IP over the next few weeks given that I cannot stick to it very well.

Going to try for some exercise tonight to get rid of the carbs but I know that doesn't solve the problem.

Anyway, I am really surprised at how much I am failing here =(
coliep, you are not failing. You have the right attitude, talk to your coach.

But yes it is very important to mentally be ready to lose weight. Somehow in my head I was ready to lose weight back in 2004 and within 9 months I had lost 40 pounds. Since then I have not been able to set myself straight. Today was tough for me, and so I had an old thread here open and every time I wanted to eat something I went to that, read a few posts, saw that many had struggled, saw that they hanged in there, and at the end they were successful. That helped me a lot today. I am planning to read old threads for couple of weeks and hopefully that would put me on the right track mentally.

Good luck.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Jases - i am afraid that if I don't phase out properly that I will gain it back. I haev questions for my coach, i.e. is there any point in phasing out if you've already messed up?!

How did just going off of it work for you? Did you gain back

I don't want to go eat and eat and eat, but I do want to be able to enjoy a special treat (i.e. on my son's first birthday) or a tablespoon of peanut butter if I am feeling it... So I feel like I can sustain this eating OP 90% of the time . . . but on IP, 90% just isn't good enough....
why don't you just do something like South Beach? It seems to be similar, but not as strict.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #29  
I know I can

Did all of you check out the syrup thread? It might help with sweet cravings if you are interested.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #30  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbee82 View Post
I get discouraged too - I'm not seeing great numbers, since Monday I've dropped at most .6 pounds - so at this pace, I could be doing any number of things and it working. But I have the food until August 5th so I'll see what the final tally is there. I know I look better. And, because I have a wedding looming, I've been able to stay OP.

Is it possible that too much tamari would slow me down? How much is too much?

Also, when are we permitted to start exercising? Has anyone found that they lose weight slower when the exercise?
Tamari has a lot of salt. You are not having your sea salt and the tamari are you? I would probably just have the Tamari once or twice a week. You could be retaining water.