Splitting dinner protein

• ... how do you do it? I can't find a thread that discusses this... though I'm sure there is one. I'm thinking about adding meat to lunch for a while just to shake things up. If I split my dinner protein do I skip the lunch packet?
  • Quote: ... how do you do it? I can't find a thread that discusses this... though I'm sure there is one. I'm thinking about adding meat to lunch for a while just to shake things up. If I split my dinner protein do I skip the lunch packet?
    I did this from January - March - I just had too much going on in my life. I split my protein(meat) between lunch and dinner and moved my lunch IP packet to a 3 pm snack. I think it slowed the weight loss down a little, but I just had to do it. I lost my sister to breast cancer January 4th, 2011 and it just totally devastated me. I travel a lot and it just worked for me. I did not feel so weak by the end of the day, and I was having a hard time eating a large meal at dinner time.
    My routine looked like this:
    6:30 am - Chocolate drink mix with my morning coffee
    9:30 am - Kosher dill pickle
    11:30 am - Lunch - 3-4 oz protien and 2 cups of veggies
    2:30 pm - Chi tea with Vanilla ready to drink
    5:30 PM - Dinner - remainder of protein and 2 cups of veggies
    8:30 pm - IP restricted
  • In the beginning I was splitting it up and had an afternoon snack about 2:30 and then still at 8:30. I lost just over a pound my 3rd week so I decided to bump up a shake to lunch and have nothing in the afternoon and all my meat at dinner and I lost over 3 pounds the foloowing week. I'm still doing it that way and so far my loss for the week is pretty good. (Let's hope it hold true for weigh in tomorrow!)
  • Thanks for sharing your experience with me!
    I had 2 oz of meat with my lunch veggies. I was so full I couldn't eat my salad. Not eating salad is a bad thing
    I may have to change my mind about this! LOL