Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:35 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, July 27

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/QUOTE]
Old 07-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good Morning everyone, Looks like I am the early bird this morning. Lots of running around to do, go WI this morning so we will see how that goes. Had drama issues last night and its driving me insane. It would be different if it were MY drama but it wasn't. Its my son and his girlfriend, mostly his girlfriend and they live with me. She is one of the wolf criers if she doesn't get her way she is going to do this (leave) or she is going to do that (cut herself). I told him last night I have NOT wanted to drink since I have start my diet but last night I Could of drank a whole bottle of something. I did not though, I got my water and drank and drank and drank. I know alcohol doesn't solve anything and I am not a drinker but I was losing my mind last night. I have the worst headache this morning, I think its because I didn't go to bed til 3am up at 615am, was sick to my stomach because of all that went on.

Anyways its a different day, I've eaten my breakfast and I'm off to do my running around. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for starting the thread Pxlkitty4!

WI day for me. I'm down 1.8. I'm still hovering just above the official 40 lbs lost mark. I had hoped to be 190 this WI, but my losses have seemed slow for some time now.

I got a surprise visit from my very late TOM yesterday. I'm sort of relieved and hoping that I'll get back to my regular schedule because the hormones have been a pain this month. It's nice to lose almost 2 lbs in spite of all the wackiness.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #4  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Beginning Day 2 of IP today. God, give me strength to get through these FIRST 3 DAYS!!

But, wow, since Sunday morning when I began eating "light" in prep for starting IP Tuesday morning, I've lost 7 lbs!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:09 AM   #5  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Good job moving on. Don't get discouraged because a loss is better than a gain! Wuv, I would tell those 2 kids to take their drama elsewhere, like the park or a drive around town. They could come back when they are smiling! Or, even consider getting their own place
Old 07-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #6  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good Morning everyone, Looks like I am the early bird this morning. Lots of running around to do, go WI this morning so we will see how that goes. Had drama issues last night and its driving me insane. It would be different if it were MY drama but it wasn't. Its my son and his girlfriend, mostly his girlfriend and they live with me. She is one of the wolf criers if she doesn't get her way she is going to do this (leave) or she is going to do that (cut herself). I told him last night I have NOT wanted to drink since I have start my diet but last night I Could of drank a whole bottle of something. I did not though, I got my water and drank and drank and drank. I know alcohol doesn't solve anything and I am not a drinker but I was losing my mind last night. I have the worst headache this morning, I think its because I didn't go to bed til 3am up at 615am, was sick to my stomach because of all that went on.

Anyways its a different day, I've eaten my breakfast and I'm off to do my running around. I hope everyone has a great day!
The toughest job in the world is being a mother! Here's to a better day....
Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning everyone... I have another conference day today. It's SO nice getting up, deciding what to wear, and not hating every option. I have new, cute shoes... and will take my wool cardigan again today so that I don't freeze to death in the room.

On a really positive note, it's already Wednesday! Last week felt like the longest week of my life. This week, time is moving again.

I need the whoosh fairy to visit... which is more likely to happen if I stop eating soy-marinaded meat for dinner... Tonight is going to be grilled chicken and veggies (no soy sauce!).

Hi to all the newbies out there. I haven't had time to respond to individual posts the last few weeks as things have been hectic.

My best advice is to stick with the program. Many of us on here are living proof that this diet works. I'm down 50lbs in 5 months, and I've never felt better. I now weigh less than my lowest high-school weight, and less than I did when I was "fit" in graduate school. I remember being 180 in 8th grade. I was probably this weight one afternoon in 6th grade on my way higher.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #8  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;3957864]Good Morning everyone, Looks like I am the early bird this morning. Lots of running around to do, go WI this morning so we will see how that goes. Had drama issues last night and its driving me insane. It would be different if it were MY drama but it wasn't. Its my son and his girlfriend, mostly his girlfriend and they live with me. She is one of the wolf criers if she doesn't get her way she is going to do this (leave) or she is going to do that (cut herself). I told him last night I have NOT wanted to drink since I have start my diet but last night I Could of drank a whole bottle of something. I did not though, I got my water and drank and drank and drank. I know alcohol doesn't solve anything and I am not a drinker but I was losing my mind last night. I have the worst headache this morning, I think its because I didn't go to bed til 3am up at 615am, was sick to my stomach because of all that went on.

Anyways its a different day, I've eaten my breakfast and I'm off to do my running around. I hope everyone has a great day![/QUOTe

It's hard to deal with people out of emotional control. Glad you were able to stand firm. Here's to a better rest of the day!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

I weighed in at my center yesterday and have lost a total of 22.8 lbs according to their scale since June 1st. My scale read 150.2 this morning. I haven't been below 150 since January 2008. I am excited to hit the 146 mark so I can say I weigh less than our dog. (She is a mastiff/bloodhound mix that weighed 147 lbs in May.)

I went out to eat last night with my Mom's of Multiples group. One girl whispered that I look great and asked what I was doing. I don't think I have seen her since June. I don't think the looks part of the weight loss has caught up with me yet. I feel skinner, but my brain hasn't caught up (if that makes any sense).
Old 07-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

I'm sure that's a rough situation to be in. Good for you for sticking to it and not grabbing a drink. Good luck at your weigh in!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #11  

I had a very long night. Was going to get to bed early because I haven't been sleeping great knowing grandma wasn't doing well and my hubby was home if the kids needed anything after I laid down. JUST as I was going to bed about 8:45 my phone rang. I knew exactly what it meant and almost didn't answer. It was my brother. Grandma passed away peacefully at 8:30. She was surrounded by family. I am at work today but my eyes are swollen and my head is pounding. I will be fine as long as nobody mentions it to me I think. I'm am emotional ticking time bomb today. She was an amazing lady who had an awesome long life and she would want be to be strong.

On a side note, I was down again this morning. Exactly 1 pound from 20 so I can only hope it will be gone by tomorrow when I actually weigh in.

Good luck to all of those who have weigh ins today!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

wuv2bloved, sorry for the not so pleasant time last night. GOOD for you for staying strong. Good luck on your weigh in today.

M0vingon, congratulations on your loss.

RhondaLynn, way to go on losing 7 pounds. Wishing that you stay strong today as well.

Pxlkitty4, congratulations on your losses. You are an inspiration.

becca1978, congratulations on your loss. Way to go.

ItsAboutTime, sorry for you loss. Grandma's are so precious. I am so glad that you can take comfort on the fact that your grandma had an awesome long life. I hope that all her memories stay with you for a very long time. Congratulation on losing more pounds, I hope that you lose the other pound and see the number you want to see on the scale tomorrow.

As for me, I woke up with a headache but it is getting better. Today is my day 1.

Last edited by rachelearth; 07-27-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Sounds like last night wasn't good for many of us - I had drama of my own with my ex. Staying strong is so hard when faced with adversity, but thanks to this board, I know we can all do it! I've been OP for the last two weeks since my slip up. I'm only a couple pounds away from being in the 140s. I don't think I will make it there by Friday, but should be by early next week. I hope everyone has a good day despite the trials they are facing.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I had a very long night. Was going to get to bed early because I haven't been sleeping great knowing grandma wasn't doing well and my hubby was home if the kids needed anything after I laid down. JUST as I was going to bed about 8:45 my phone rang. I knew exactly what it meant and almost didn't answer. It was my brother. Grandma passed away peacefully at 8:30. She was surrounded by family. I am at work today but my eyes are swollen and my head is pounding. I will be fine as long as nobody mentions it to me I think. I'm am emotional ticking time bomb today. She was an amazing lady who had an awesome long life and she would want be to be strong.

On a side note, I was down again this morning. Exactly 1 pound from 20 so I can only hope it will be gone by tomorrow when I actually weigh in.

Good luck to all of those who have weigh ins today!

So very sorry for your loss, from your posts she sounded like an amazing Grandma
Old 07-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #15  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
Sounds like last night wasn't good for many of us - I had drama of my own with my ex. Staying strong is so hard when faced with adversity, but thanks to this board, I know we can all do it! I've been OP for the last two weeks since my slip up. I'm only a couple pounds away from being in the 140s. I don't think I will make it there by Friday, but should be by early next week. I hope everyone has a good day despite the trials they are facing.
Yeah...It must have been in the air. My night was pretty horrid, and I'm not quite sure where we shall go from here. I remained OP last night through it all.
It's pretty much hard work to just breath in and out at this moment.
Closed Thread