Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #106  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Question: my pudding cakes sink like rocks in the center after they come out of the oven.
Even with the baking soda.
Am I doing something wrong or is that how they are supposed to be?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #107  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
Question: my pudding cakes sink like rocks in the center after they come out of the oven.
Even with the baking soda.
Am I doing something wrong or is that how they are supposed to be?
HAHA...that is how mine came out the first time. I baked them longer the second time.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:37 PM   #108  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm at the end of Day 3. I'm hungry but tired at the same time. I seem to go in spurts with the hunger. I'm an exerciser, so I didn't think twice about going out for my 3.5 mile walk around the lake. The last mile I was dragging my tush home. I read what all of you have said about exercise but I didn't think the weakness would hit me. My legs just didn't want to move. I did make it home and dove into dinner of a chicken patty and romaine salad.

I'm hoping to have a little more energy tomorrow. Maybe I'll forego my lunch time 30 minute walk in hopes of having more energy for pilates class tomorrow night.

I love how much I'm learning from all of you. Thank you!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:58 PM   #109  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default so much to say so little time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Salsa Shrimp Melts / By Dairy Farmers of Canada

Preparation time: 10 - 15 mins.

Cooking time: 3 mins.

4 oz (125 g) frozen cooked salad or cocktail shrimp, thawed
1/4 cup (50 mL) salsa
16 to 20 crackers or tortilla chips
1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Canadian Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese

Preparation:
Drain shrimp, pat dry and cut into small pieces. In a bowl, combine shrimp and salsa. Spoon evenly on top of crackers.

Place on a small baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese evenly over shrimp mixture. Bake in preheated 400°F (200°C) oven or toaster oven for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Info
Per serving: about -
cal 127 cal
pro 11g pro
carb 7g carb
fat 6g fat
fibre 1g fibre
sodium 280mg sodium
% RDI: -
calcium 13 calcium
vit B12 24 vit B12
vit D 24 vit D
phosphorus 14 phosphorus
zinc 10 zinc
Of Course this Isn't for Phase 1 as there is so many things we can't have in it. only worked for us if you miss the crackers, and the cheese then there is nothing to melt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
NSV today - FINALLY - F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!!! Someone made a comment (that didn't know I was losing weight) that I looked really good and that I looked like I had lost a lot of weight!

BOOYA!!! I thanked him so much cause he was the first to notice. He said "how can you NOT notice". So I said "I think people don't want to say in case I'm sick so THANKS FOR BEING THE FIRST" !!

Verrahappyrightnow!
don't you just feel like hugging the guy and thanking him for noticing... you must feel great... keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
So only down 1.2lbs this week. Thought I had lost more. My lowest loss to date. HOWEVER, I did lose 1.75 inches from each thigh!!! That is definitely why I can fit into smaller pants. Wish my hips would take a cue from my thighs!!! It's gonna take me a little longer to reach the 170s, but that's ok too.
I heard that you lose weight from the head down, that is why our faces get skinny first. then your problem spot is the very last to go.... stubborn bodies that we have. keep up the hard work it will come

Quote:
Originally Posted by damascho View Post
Totally makes sense! I have lost forty pounds and I still see the heavy me in the mirror. Every single day. It's painfully annoying. So, I've resorted to taking pictures when in doubt and that always helps me. I think they call it
"phantom fat" or something like that. It drives me crazy. I can even feel fat on my body that doesn't exist anymore. It's always "phantom" back fat. Weird huh! I'm sure you look stunning and will continue to do so.
I like that phantom fat.... I have that every where. good explanation thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Sooooo, I went through my closet and was shocked a lot of my old clothes still don't fit me, well, all of them actually BUT I have ONLY been on IP for 2 weeks this Friday, I was just so excited by my "big sizes" getting looser....I had to remind my self that those clothes I pulled out have not fit me in 2 years, I have been buying bigger pants and just wearing tops.....ho hummm, oh well, at least I am staying true to stay off the scale, and wasn't even tempted to check my loss this week....
like you said you just started.... I didn't see the clothing size change until about 40 lbs... and then woosh from a 20 to a 12 in no time, size 8 -10 now but it has slowed down again.... I would clean out your closet. what I did is I put the other sizes ( I had size 14 - size 5 given to me by a friend)in my spare room closet. When I got to small for a size I would take them out of my closet and put in a bag for goodwill, then go to my next size and move them into my closet. I think it is great that you are cleaning out your closet... my only suggestion is if you have a goodwill near you, go there for clothing for your in between now and when you are finished... It doesn't make you feel bad when you spend 10 or 5 on some pants and the next week they are too big, you just return them and someone else can have them for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelearth View Post
Day 1 is almost over for me. It wasn't an easy day! I can't wait for next week when my craving will be over and I wouldn't feel hungry a good 1/2 of the day!
Welcome, try drinking water when you get hungry or take extra lettuce to munch on when you are hungry... also herbal tea helps you feel full as well. Good luck, you have picked a good program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
This is a very interesting read...

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/f.../56156344.aspx

Editing...

I think this can help explain a lot. Including... why some people get hostile when we are losing weight and they aren't. (Item #16 - You stopped splitting the cheesecake).
You always have so many good reads for us... thank you... and I followed this one today... was going to my favorite restaurant for my birthday lunch for a catfish salad and got there and found out they were closed on Wednesday.. so we went to Red lobster..
FAT HABIT #4: Eating free restaurant foods
Breadsticks, biscuits, and chips and salsa may be complimentary at some restaurants, but that doesn’t mean you won’t pay for them. Every time you eat one of Olive Garden's free breadsticks or Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits, you're adding an additional 150 calories to your meal. Eat three over the course of dinner and that's 450 calories. That's also roughly the number of calories you can expect for every basket of tortilla chips you get at your local Mexican restaurant. What's worse, none of these calories comes paired with any redeeming nutritional value. Consider them junk food on steroids.

Oh my, my friend had at least 3 and dessert too... I had a nice tilapia with broccoli and tomatoes, I asked them to not put any linguini or rice on the plate and just assumed they wouldn't put a sauce on it as it was suppose to be wood grilled... never even thinking of the sauce for the linguini... so I just took the appetizer plate I didn't use and moved the fish after scraping off the sauce and the broccoli over to that plate and had a very nice meal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Hello everyone! I haven't been around lately, been so busy and working nights. But I had my WI #13 and down another 4.2 lbs for a total of 46.8. So obviously still staying OP. Hope everybody is doing well. I'll have to catch up on posts when I have a chance.

Keep up the good work everybody!!
Congrats JoAnne you are doing so great, I am glad your shift work isn't effecting your diet, it looks like you are handling it great... keep it up my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknakjack View Post
Hi everyone, I have a question about when your making pudding cakes or adding instant coffee to the vanilla pudding to make the coffe cake type drink or snack, Do you have to mix the instant coffee into hot water or are you adding the instant coffee granuals straight to it.
for the pudding cakes I would use the instant coffee granuals... but what I do for the pudding drinks is make real coffee and put it in an ice cube tray and freeze it. I add them to the puddings and drink for that little bit of coffee flavouring. My latest great thing is cinnamon vanilla coffee with chocolate pudding, and a squirt of cinnamon da Vinci syrup and dulce de leche it is like a Starbucks Cinnamon de leche latte... or their ice drink.

Have a great night everyone. I have updated my pictures today. Two pictures with the same outfit on... one from My brother's wedding July 2, 2010 and the same outfit from today with my dog Rebel... the clothing is now going to good will just held back to see what the difference would be. what do you think? should I keep it until I reach my goal and take another picture?
Old 07-28-2011, 01:00 AM   #110  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Ok, Had to come and post it is midnight here in Mississippi and my DRAMA from this morning has GONE BACK TO TEXAS!!....there is NO more drama in my life!!...it can get back to normal again..WOOHOO!!!!!.....I'll drink(water) to that!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:10 AM   #111  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Ok, Had to come and post it is midnight here in Mississippi and my DRAMA from this morning has GONE BACK TO TEXAS!!....there is NO more drama in my life!!...it can get back to normal again..WOOHOO!!!!!.....I'll drink(water) to that!
Yay!! I'll drink to that. Sleep well.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:31 AM   #112  

Just got home from the airport and of course I am not near as tired when I left for there at 10:30. Must've gotten a second wind. I'm going to have to go to bed now though because my stomach is starting to growl. Don't want to have anything unnecessary when I have to weigh in in the morning. I'll be back with my results in the morning. Well, later this morning I guess. Crossing my finger my kids sleep in or at least get their own cereal so I can!
Closed Thread