Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #1  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Default July Newbie Thread :D

Okay so I lied, there is no "newbie thread" per se. there was a newbie challenge thread, so I started this one. Of course...anyone can post on this. But I just thought this could be a good place for us newbies to really talk to eachother and post our results and keep eachother in line

Yay
Old 07-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

Height: 5'5"

This will work...
Old 07-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #3  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Works for me as well.
Thanks
Old 07-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Thank you. Sometimes it is hard talking to people who have been on the program so long they may have forgotten the initial struggle. It's great to get advice from them, and they are usually supportive, but this is where we can find people in the same boat.
I'm on Day 11. My biggest struggle has been the after dinner sweet tooth/ urge for dessert. I tried making the pudding cakes - what a disaster that was! I've found that the peanut soy puffs work for me when I need something sweet.
My other big struggle is not going overboard on the lean protein. I am usually so hungry by supper that I talk myself into a little extra protein....actually, it wasn't that long ago that I ate a whole roasted chicken by myself! Guess I have some work to do to get this program done right.
But day by day things are coming together. I've mastered breakfast and lunch, so now I need to work on dinner. I'm allergic to most kinds of lettuce, so it limits my options for salad. I'm also allergic to eggs, so my diet gets pretty boring!
This is my third or fourth stab at this program since the end of April. I would get so far and then cheat and quit. This time, I am not quitting. I am in it for the long haul - IF (big IF) I cheat again, it will be a minor slip up in my way of life and will not derail me for more than that minute.
As my siggy says - commit to it! I'm committing every minute of every day to living a healthier life.
This time, it's personal!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #5  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for starting this thread! I start the program tomorrow and will be signing in often so it will be nice to read others experiences and support those that need it. I am really looking forward to starting the program and hope it works as well for me as it has others.
Thanks again!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #6  
Started IP July 8th

Yes, tomorrow the fun starts for me as well.
I am sad to say, one of the hard parts for me will be to drink that much water a day. But I do drink a lot of soda, 3-5 a day so I guess if I can force myself to replace soda with water I should be ok.

Good luck everyone who is just starting out and keep going strong to the ones who are ahead of us
Old 07-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #7  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

I've been on the program since the first of July, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the results so far. 6.8 lbs gone.
Laura G. I am really rooting for you not to quit! It seems like you have been through some hard times, and I really hope you can finally reach your goal!
Good luck to everyone! Don't give up!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: I DONT WANNA KNOW/SAME/144

Height: 5'6

newbie here as well. july 1 I started trying to loose the 52 pounds I gained this year. Im freaked out and horrified and embarrassed all at once. This is a great site tho and I am looking forward to sharing stories and goals and encouragement! I live in VA and have 4 kids. One year ago I was in a bikini.....I have a few suspicions as to why I blew up like this.....but when I no longer fit into my FAT JEANS....and I mean, I couldnt pull them past my KNEES...I KNEW it was time to turn this around. SO HELLO EVERYONE!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #9  
THB

S/C/G: 244/191/180

Height: 5.6

Hi everyone, i just started in June--going on to my 5th week. So fare 17lbs. It is nice to check in here and listen to others that are eating the same way as me. It helps me to say motivated.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #10  
Started IP July 8th

ok first breakfast down... pina colada...
Oh well step by step.
Kind of started yesterday on my water and watching what I ate but now I have actually started the diet.
Good luck everyone!!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #11  

Just thought I'd introduce myself and share some of my weight loss journey.

My name is Darbi, I'm 40 years old with 2 daughters, 1 step daughter, 1 step son and 2 grandchildren.

Growing up I never really had a weight problem. In my early 20's I hovered around 135 and thought I was fat. What an idiot!!!
My heaviest was about 3 years ago at 226. I lost about 15 lbs in 8 months just making better food choices and not going for seconds. Then I joined a gym. I started working out 5-6 days a week doing boot camp style classes and also started running a couple times a week 5 km. I was also eating a very clean, balanced diet. I also had a personal trainer for 2 of those work out days. I became super strong and more fit than most skinny people I know. I could do 60 full on man style push ups, over 250 squats and more crunches than I care to count. I lost 15 lbs, in the first 6 months, slowed down to 3 days a week and put on 10, went back to 5 days a week lost 5 in 4 months. It didnt seem to matter how hard I worked, I just couldnt get past the 190 mark. So after beating that dead horse for a year and a half I threw in the towel. I also work full time and the hours I put into going to the gym and running were taking a toll on my family and my relationships. I never had time for anything or anyone. That is what finally brought me to ideal protein. I'm on day 5 and have lost 5.5 lbs. That took me 3 months at the gym. I'm not knocking the excersize thing, because it sure made me feel great. I definately will start back up in a few months, but no more being a slave to it. I'll probably start running again as it gives you such a natural high( all thoughs endorphins get released) but I'll also get on my bike and ride with the kids, go for a hike with my man (if I can get him out of the lazyboy lol), jump on the trampoline with my daughter and walk the dog. No more saying I don't have time because I have to go the gym.
I think this program is finally what I need. And being able to have the support all of you is crucial to my success. Thank you
Old 07-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Yes, tomorrow the fun starts for me as well.
I am sad to say, one of the hard parts for me will be to drink that much water a day. But I do drink a lot of soda, 3-5 a day so I guess if I can force myself to replace soda with water I should be ok.

Good luck everyone who is just starting out and keep going strong to the ones who are ahead of us
I think it might be easier than you think. One year for lent I gave up soda and now I can't stand the carbonation. Maybe you too will find that to happen to you. Your coach might be able to recommend an alternate carbonated drink to get you through your soda withdrawl.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #13  
Started IP July 8th

That's not a bad idea, of course I will have to meet my coach first lol.
It's kind of a strange situation how we got into trying this out, but it worked out well for us in the long run.
But we were kind of rushed through it and we wont meet our coach until next week.
Of course our 4 month old not being on the best behavior definitely played a part in our lack of full disclosure to the whole program.

For now I will just have to cold turkey it lol.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Default Day 1 1/2 . . . and counting

Hi! So I am half way through the second day and feel as though I have had more blunders than successes. While it sounded so simple during my consult, I am most challenged in trying to break my daily habits.

I have 3 young kids and am used to tasting (or finishing) their food. I found myself licking my fingers out of habit today several times. Not sure how much that will mess me up. THough I am trying to catch myself, clearly I have done it A LOT over time so it might take a while.

I also blew my first day without intending to! I didn't have lettuce (oops) but was so hungry that I added a few extra cups of vegetables thinking it couldn't harm me. But, then I kept reading about how too many can through you out of ketosis. Not that I am in it yet, but I certainly want to reach that proclaimed "happy" state sooner rather than later to ensure I stick with it. Then, to top it off I somehow managed to forget I got an evening snack (really? me, forget?) and therefore also missed the supplements.

So, sum total day 1 = more error than success. Woke up starving, not surprisingly!

Today, so far I think I am ok minus a few finger licks not caught. I don't know if any of you have this problem, but my intro packets were preselected so I feel like I have 95% desserty foods (shakes, puddings, drinks) and only a couple more substantive type foods. I am a little put off as I fear the sweet things just make me crave more sweet things. Anybody have a similar experience?

Anyway, I am on this to lose 20 pounds and pray that I find the strength and dedication to stick with it to achieve the result. Need this baby weight ALL gone!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Hi! So I am half way through the second day and feel as though I have had more blunders than successes. While it sounded so simple during my consult, I am most challenged in trying to break my daily habits.

I have 3 young kids and am used to tasting (or finishing) their food. I found myself licking my fingers out of habit today several times. Not sure how much that will mess me up. THough I am trying to catch myself, clearly I have done it A LOT over time so it might take a while.

I also blew my first day without intending to! I didn't have lettuce (oops) but was so hungry that I added a few extra cups of vegetables thinking it couldn't harm me. But, then I kept reading about how too many can through you out of ketosis. Not that I am in it yet, but I certainly want to reach that proclaimed "happy" state sooner rather than later to ensure I stick with it. Then, to top it off I somehow managed to forget I got an evening snack (really? me, forget?) and therefore also missed the supplements.

So, sum total day 1 = more error than success. Woke up starving, not surprisingly!

Today, so far I think I am ok minus a few finger licks not caught. I don't know if any of you have this problem, but my intro packets were preselected so I feel like I have 95% desserty foods (shakes, puddings, drinks) and only a couple more substantive type foods. I am a little put off as I fear the sweet things just make me crave more sweet things. Anybody have a similar experience?

Anyway, I am on this to lose 20 pounds and pray that I find the strength and dedication to stick with it to achieve the result. Need this baby weight ALL gone!
My first packets are the same, Im now on day five and am down to sweet drinks and puddings. I'll be so glad to go in on monday and pick the packs that I want. I was craving the sweets the first 2 days but now I can have a sweet pakcet and am satisfied with it.
Last night I had to pick up pizza for daughter as she is in the middle of moving, and it was torture having it smell soooo good in my car for the 20 min drive to her house and then watch them eat it, while I was starving as I hadnt had supper yet. But I made it whew!
Closed Thread