Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #106  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Such inspiring NSV's. Today I was feeling bad because I basically stalled my weight loss on the scale, and feel I'm working so hard...but, then I noticed how my work pants kept falling down. Wow, they were so much looser. YOU ARE RIGHT...the scale number isn't always so powerful!!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
The turnips were a no go! YUCKY! I tried hard to like them but I got sick to my stomach. I ate my pork and was happy.

As for pork chops, I've eaten them 4 times in the last week and a half or so and they seem to be leaner than tenderloin so I don't see why they wouldn't be acceptable. I haven't had one piece of fat and the pork has tasted amazing! Please tell me if I'm wrong.
I eat pork chops, pork loin, whatever is on sale. Ham actually makes you retain water for about 24 hours after eating it so not sure why it is on approved list. Ok if you don't mind the temporary gain I guess.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #108  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

2Riderollercoast (Joanne),

Whenever you are giving your recipes for vegies, you always mention Kohlrabi. I had absolutely no idea what that was but when you said it was your favorite french fry substitute, I had to find out.

Tonight I made Kohlrabi "french fries" and chips. Everyone in the family loved them. I still like my turnips, but these are even better!

Just goes to show that we can continue to try new, healthy things even when in maintenance. It's a new way of eating and thinking. Keep experimenting everyone. There are wonderful foods out there!!

Thanks Joanne.

Lynn

Last edited by woolberger; 07-26-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #109  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster on a diet View Post
Great NSV yesterday. Got to work and started to put on my uniform and equipment ( i work in corrections ). Well my stab vest was way to loose, in fact dangerasly to loose ( got to be tight on the body to be safer ). Well went to the equipement offficer ansd had to take a new one 2 size down WOOOHOO.

My boss wasent to please cuz they cost 600$ a piece, but i was like yeah whatever, what you dont know is im going to need a new one in about another month cuz my journey aint over buddy looool.

Next step is changing my equipment belt, i think the equipment officer will be seeing me alot in the next few months. Hihihi!!! So i feel great this morning and i guess sometimes the number on the scale really dosent matter compare to NSV. It's just awesome.
Thats so great Rooster!!! Awesome to hear! Keep up the good work!!! Your gonna lose so much weight..no one is going to recognize you!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #110  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
2Riderollercoast (Joanne),

Whenever you are giving your recipes for vegies, you always mention Kohlrabi. I had absolutely no idea what that was but when you said it was your favorite french fry substitute, I had to find out.

Tonight I made Kohlrabi "french fries" and chips. Everyone in the family loved them. I still like my turnips, but these are even better!

Just goes to show that we can continue to try new, healthy things even when in maintenance. It's a new way of eating and thinking. Keep experimenting everyone. There are wonderful foods out there!!

Thanks Joanne.

Lynn
Lynn I am glad you liked them, I roasted kohlrabi with celery and fennel and peppers today they are good that way too. I am thinking they may be good as a mashed veg too. My next "new" vegetable is Endive chips... I was at a goodbye party last week, and a lady there said the endive chips are better than the kale. Will let you know.

Congrats everyone on your SVs and NSVs... here is to the rest of a good week for all.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #111  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Lynn I am glad you liked them, I roasted kohlrabi with celery and fennel and peppers today they are good that way too. I am thinking they may be good as a mashed veg too. My next "new" vegetable is Endive chips... I was at a goodbye party last week, and a lady there said the endive chips are better than the kale. Will let you know.

Congrats everyone on your SVs and NSVs... here is to the rest of a good week for all.
Actually, I roasted Endive this morning and it was great!! I probably should have left it in longer but I kept sneaking a taste and before I knew it...they were gone! This is my never-ending quest to find a replacement for chips I can use to dip. I'm not quite there but always looking for new ideas.

Lynn
Old 07-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #112  
start IP Feb 8 2011

I am going to have to try this tomorrow, I am searching for the same thing... the closest I have come to a "dip" chip is daikon radish roasted... it was pretty good but watch closely as it is a fine line between crisp and burnt... our search continues.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:49 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomNeedsTaShrink View Post
And I LOVE LOVE the success stories! As a former pageant queen, my weight struggles have kept me out of society for quite some time now.

I began IP on July 5th and am happy to say I'm down 14 pounds (37ish to go) and I have lost over 20 inches from the various parts of my body! At WI today I learned my BMI is down 10 points as well! And to think I was getting discouraged (I refuse to step on the scale at home)...

So- thank you for being the friends I needed, even though you didn't know you were helping! Much success to you all!
Firstly, Secondly, I'd like to say you've definitely found the right program. We have pretty much the exact same stats height/ starting weight on IP and I have been on IP since May 2 and am 2 pounds away from my goal of 145. I've had a few slow weeks of 1.5 losses interspersed with great losses of 2- 3.5. It has gone by very quickly, although not in the beginning as each day seemed to take about a week to get through But you're past that already and seem to be rocking the program. If you stay the course and don't cheat you'll be there before you know it!
Today was an incredibly happy day for me as I had a huge NSV- I tried on a DKNY jean skirt (that had Stretch on the tag- I took this as meaning it is supposed to be slim fitting) in a dunh dunh dahhhhh SIZE 4!!! And it was loose around the waist! And ever so much more forgiving than jeans- although I have become slightly obsessed with trying on (which leads to buying) jeans as I've never been this size or looked as I do in them now. Just absolutely fascinated is the only way I can describe it- as though I'm looking at someone else in them but it's me.
Little apprehensive of phasing out- so in the groove of phase 1- but here's to IP!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:11 AM   #114  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Firstly, Secondly, I'd like to say you've definitely found the right program. We have pretty much the exact same stats height/ starting weight on IP and I have been on IP since May 2 and am 2 pounds away from my goal of 145. I've had a few slow weeks of 1.5 losses interspersed with great losses of 2- 3.5. It has gone by very quickly, although not in the beginning as each day seemed to take about a week to get through But you're past that already and seem to be rocking the program. If you stay the course and don't cheat you'll be there before you know it!
Today was an incredibly happy day for me as I had a huge NSV- I tried on a DKNY jean skirt (that had Stretch on the tag- I took this as meaning it is supposed to be slim fitting) in a dunh dunh dahhhhh SIZE 4!!! And it was loose around the waist! And ever so much more forgiving than jeans- although I have become slightly obsessed with trying on (which leads to buying) jeans as I've never been this size or looked as I do in them now. Just absolutely fascinated is the only way I can describe it- as though I'm looking at someone else in them but it's me.
Little apprehensive of phasing out- so in the groove of phase 1- but here's to IP!!!
Wow love your new pic, you look soooo skinny... congrats let us know how you are doing in the other phases. I love to hear what we have to look forward to.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 AM   #115  

Default space

congradulations on your space! I know just what you mean!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:53 AM   #116  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post

Thanks Joanne.

Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I roasted kohlrabi with celery and fennel and peppers today they are good that way too. I am thinking they may be good as a mashed veg too. My next "new" vegetable is Endive chips... I was at a goodbye party last week, and a lady there said the endive chips are better than the kale. Will let you know.

Thank you Ladies!! I am putting both of those veggies on my shopping list!!!
Closed Thread