Old 07-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158.8/152.8/130

Height: 5'5

Default Best IP QUICK weight loss tips...

I did IP in the fall, lost some weight, quit due to cost and maintained until the past couple months (gained 4 pounds back) I would like to lose those 4 and at atleast 15 more.

Anyways, when I did it before, I ate the correct foods, but I didn't lose weight as quickly as other people on the diet.... partly because I have PCOS and partly because I think I made some decisions I did not know were bad (IE, I chewed gum and drank diet cokes)

Anyways, since I am eating correctly, I don't want something silly like a diet coke to mess me up....The Nurse Practitioner at the clinic mentioned that there are certain things that can slow down your weight loss...ie, eating bars, skipping meals

So whats everyones tips for losing weight the quickest? I was having 1 pound weeks sometimes and i would like to consistently have higher numbers....
AuburnKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnKate View Post
I did IP in the fall, lost some weight, quit due to cost and maintained until the past couple months (gained 4 pounds back) I would like to lose those 4 and at atleast 15 more.

Anyways, when I did it before, I ate the correct foods, but I didn't lose weight as quickly as other people on the diet.... partly because I have PCOS and partly because I think I made some decisions I did not know were bad (IE, I chewed gum and drank diet cokes)

Anyways, since I am eating correctly, I don't want something silly like a diet coke to mess me up....The Nurse Practitioner at the clinic mentioned that there are certain things that can slow down your weight loss...ie, eating bars, skipping meals

So whats everyones tips for losing weight the quickest? I was having 1 pound weeks sometimes and i would like to consistently have higher numbers....
For me, I lose the most when I drink LOTS of extra water. Probably this is because I feel more full and naturally eat less, but also I think that this helps your body retain less water. I try to get at minimum 100 oz. a day.

Also, I get good results on weeks where I do bootcamp, or only eating unrestricted packets and no restricteds. Some people need the restricteds to lose weight though, and some people even need an extra packet.
I would play around with it a little bit to see how your body does best.

I also take fiber pills to keep things regular, because if they aren't I don't drop weight as fast.
But honestly, even the slowest weeks on IP are weeks I would have considered fast before. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Trust the system and it will work for you.... again.

Last edited by Princess Jessica; 07-25-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Well, some of the tips out there for helping people get through stalls would probably apply to what your are asking for. Here are some of the most common tips for getting out of a plateau / rut:

1). Water, water and more water. However many ounces you are drinking, drink more! Add lemon to help with flavor.

2). Don't drink diet coke. It is not on the approved sheet. See #1 for helping drink the water

3). If you are using Crystal Light or some sort of water flavor enhancer, cut back or try a week without. Even though it is 0/0/0 there are trace calories, carbs and sugars and it will add up.

4). If you are using Walden Farms products, cut back. See #3.

5). Bootcamp! This is a week with NO RESTRICTED IP packs

6). Salad. A lot of people get their 4 cups of veggies in but neglect to eat salad. Eat your lettuce and cukes.

7). Add a 4th packet or some egg whites. Sometimes a body needs a little more protein.

8). Start exercising, if you aren't already. Start with something light.

9). Make sure you are getting in your 2 t. of olive oil.

10). Start taking fish oil supplements if you aren't already.

11). Never, never skip your meals. Even if you aren't hungry. You have to eat at a minimum 3 packets, 5-8 oz of protein and 4 cups veggies. Do not eat less than this.

I think that is all I can think of right now Hope this helps!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #4  

I don't think I got this sheet you are talking about. I didn't know about 2 tbsp of olive oil. I will have to ask for it next week, they probably just forgot.

thanks for the advice. I did not eat salad today (still feeling tired from giving up caffeine and did not want to run to the store) I will pick it up tomorrow and make sure I eat it.

Also is it okay to work out. I used to run but was scared to do it on IP until I was used to the limited calories. Maybe I will start with a short walk.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #5  

I have been working out since day 1 on IP. Let me see if I can find somethings that I have written about this and paste them in here for you.

The long and short of it is in the beginning I scaled back because my energy level was way low, but now I am at the same level I was before IP. I also supplement a 4th packet immediately following my workout.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #6  
IP start: July 3 2011

S/C/G: 133/120/110-115

Height: 5'2

I agree with both ladies!

Drink lots of water, and I also take the fibre pills as well, i think they really help. This week i have also been eating only fish and skinless chicken.. and on day 5 im feeling pretty good about that combo, and as far as my scale is showing it seems to be at least a 1 or 2 more than usual... but they do say it doesnt matter what type of meat you eat.. its just my opinion so far! but ill keep you posted at my actual weigh in.
Skurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #7  

I found this in response to the question "what about working out?"

I have been working out since Day 1. I do Crossfit, so it is a pretty intense workout. I think if you were working out before IP, you can continue to do so. I would make sure that you supplement with a 4th packet immediately following your workout. Also, personally, I have found that the weeks I work out, I show better losses than those I don't. I know a lot of people say you shouldn't work out b/c that is what the protocol says, but do you seriously think the athletes that Dr. Tran developed this program for ever stopped working out? I don't think so.

I also think part of the reason that they say "no exercise" is because most people don't work out. And it is kind of like a "one step at a time" thing. You don't have to workout to lose weight on this program and that is appealing to most people. Just concentrate on eating better and losing weight.

For me, however, I started seriously working out 6 years ago and it is a part of my life. I workout 5-6 days a week and I told my coach right from the start that I WILL NOT stop. I worked so hard to make it a habit, for it to be something I looked forward to and craved, that I would never give it up. That is why I supplement with an extra packet. I also listen to my body and some days just do not the energy (especially in the beginning) so I scale back.

Like I said, exercise has enhanced my losses, not the other way around. But it might be different for everyone. I think you should give it a try for a couple of weeks and see what happens. I am also lossing mad inches, which I attribute to the workouts. You might find that instead of 3 pounds a week you lose 2, but if you are toned, then you will look so much better and the inches will really show. I am wearing clothes now that I had when I was 10 pounds lighter, and they are really getting lose. I truly believe that it is due to exercise.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #8  

And this in a running thread

I am not currently running, but I workout (Crossfit) 5-6x a week. I follow the standard IP protocol, except I add a 4th packet immediately after working out. I also use my restricted item as a pre-workout snack. A typical day looks like this:

8:30- IP Packet
12:30- Salad, 2 cups veggies, 8 oz of protein
4:00- IP restricted
5:30-6:30- Workout
6:30- IP RTD Chocolate
8:30- Salad, 2 cup veggies, IP Packet
Old 07-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #9  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I agree with lots and lots of water..I also stay away from any soda..I eat 1 restricted, but usually have it for lunch or breakfast..
Also..I exercise 3-4 times a week..cardio.
The best thing is to stay on IP. If you have a slow week, you might try no restricted as others do..or get the lowest carb packets you can find.
Everyone has different metabolisms and lose at different rates..
Good luck this time..You can do it!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #10  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
For me, I lose the most when I drink LOTS of extra water. Probably this is because I feel more full and naturally eat less, but also I think that this helps your body retain less water. I try to get at minimum 100 oz. a day.

Also, I get good results on weeks where I do bootcamp, or only eating unrestricted packets and no restricteds. Some people need the restricteds to lose weight though, and some people even need an extra packet.
I would play around with it a little bit to see how your body does best.

I also take fiber pills to keep things regular, because if they aren't I don't drop weight as fast.
But honestly, even the slowest weeks on IP are weeks I would have considered fast before. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Trust the system and it will work for you.... again.
What kind of fiber pills do you take? How many grams of fiber? Thanks.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #11  

thanks jenny doodle. exercise has been a part of my life, even in my chubby days. I may start with walking this week and work back up, once i get over this caffeine withdrawal i should be a lot more energetic i appreciate you finding that for me!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #12  

I gave up caffeine about 7-8 years ago and it took me at least 4 days to get through it. Hold strong! It totally sucks when you are going through it, but I am so glad that I did it. If you are also giving up diet coke with this, part of it is going to be the sugar withdrawal. Even though it is fake sugar, it is still an addiction and some of your symptoms are most likely tied to this as well.

Good luck! The best thing is once you get to the other side, you will never want to go through this again and it should help you not go back to drinking caffeine.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #13  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnKate View Post
thanks jenny doodle. exercise has been a part of my life, even in my chubby days. I may start with walking this week and work back up, once i get over this caffeine withdrawal i should be a lot more energetic i appreciate you finding that for me!

Hey Kate, just wanted to invite you to a thread that I started for Mississippi/Louisiana IP users, stop by and say hi here is the link

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...louisiana.html
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

wuv2bloved,

I wanted to congratulate you on your college graduation. It is a huge accomplishment. I went back for a second degree in my 40's, working full time and family, I felt like I conquered the world when I graduated with all that on my plate. So, I know how much of an accomplishmnent it is. CONGRATULATIONs !
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: H:213; WB: 188.5/180/145

Height: 5'7"

Wuv2bloved, I must have missed the message on you getting your college degree. I know it had to be hard going back with work and raising family. Congratulations!
Tonz is offline   Reply With Quote