Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Okay, just had to catch up reading on two threads!! Late start today, up at 6, bills, daughter to practice, couponing....now time for me...have to read these everyday because it REALLY helps motivate me. My first WI is tomorrow. Going to try the lettuce stir fry with lunch today... and the chicken soup, don't think I will add anything and see how a soup alone does.
What I HATE about tomorrow is my dr. does NOT sell individual packs, sooooo due to the expense of buying by the box, I will be eating the same thing for the next week.........NOT happy about that....
Old 07-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 175.2/170.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I hope everyone is gearing themselves up for another fabulous day OP!

Had a SV last night/this morning that I am pretty proud of. I was having maddening cravings last night and wanted peanut butter in the WORST way. I could have had it but chose rather to have some rhubarb/strawberry sauce and congratulate myself for choosing a "vegetable" ( I still have a hard time thinking of rhubarb as a vege) rather than something that would kick me out of ketosis. The scale showed the evidence of my choice this morning as I am down another 1.3!!!!!! Yay!

Just wondering if any of you have experienced "mind fog" while on this program and what you do when it occurs? I tried to write an email last night and I swear it took me FOREVER to be able to concentrate enough to get the words out. Normally I have no difficulty finding the right words or writing but man, this was bad...I felt like english was my second language...lol.

Have a fantastic day everyone...I am just hoping that my "mind fog" disappears soon!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 132.5/116.2/120

Height: 5'5"

Had my weigh in today and stayed the same which was great because I'm on Phase 4 so I have to say that I'm feeling very good about myself

Always after my WI I stop at the Asian market and buy my fruits and vegetables and I bought rhubarb for the first time because everyone seems to like it. I need to find a good recipe for it because I've never had it before and have no idea what to do with it! Can you guys give me some ideas, I know they have it in the recipe section somewhere.

My friend joined last night and I'm so excited for her. She has about 70 pounds to lose and I hope she'll be successful. I told her about this wonderful website and I'll be with her every step of the way.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Okay, just had to catch up reading on two threads!! Late start today, up at 6, bills, daughter to practice, couponing....now time for me...have to read these everyday because it REALLY helps motivate me. My first WI is tomorrow. Going to try the lettuce stir fry with lunch today... and the chicken soup, don't think I will add anything and see how a soup alone does.
What I HATE about tomorrow is my dr. does NOT sell individual packs, sooooo due to the expense of buying by the box, I will be eating the same thing for the next week.........NOT happy about that....
Josie that would get old fast! I wonder if you couldnt persuade him to think about selling the packs individually? I would think people would be more likely to stick with the program with more variety vs. the "same old, same old" and im sure he wants people to be successful (other's success brings more business for him through word of mouth and obvious results). Maybe you could bring him some of the wonderful recipe ideas from this site to prove a point? I dunno....its worth a try. Good luck!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKinMN View Post
Josie that would get old fast! I wonder if you couldnt persuade him to think about selling the packs individually? I would think people would be more likely to stick with the program with more variety vs. the "same old, same old" and im sure he wants people to be successful (other's success brings more business for him through word of mouth and obvious results). Maybe you could bring him some of the wonderful recipe ideas from this site to prove a point? I dunno....its worth a try. Good luck!
MJK, I know right??? Idk if it is a business ploy to have people buy more boxes of food??? But the thought of tomorrow is stressing me, at $30 a box, I can only get 3 boxes (not sure how many packets come in a box??? do you know??). When I started it was $279 registration and a starter sample of all for a 10 day food supply. I don't know anyone else on the plan, so swapping is out of the question too.......
Old 07-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susank2 View Post
Had my weigh in today and stayed the same which was great because I'm on Phase 4 so I have to say that I'm feeling very good about myself

Always after my WI I stop at the Asian market and buy my fruits and vegetables and I bought rhubarb for the first time because everyone seems to like it. I need to find a good recipe for it because I've never had it before and have no idea what to do with it! Can you guys give me some ideas, I know they have it in the recipe section somewhere.

My friend joined last night and I'm so excited for her. She has about 70 pounds to lose and I hope she'll be successful. I told her about this wonderful website and I'll be with her every step of the way.
Susank2 what I do with my rhubarb is wash it and cut the ends off. Then slice it as if it were celery and place it into a pan with 1/4 cup of water and cover on med/high. It will cook down quickly at this point and when it breaks down you will have quite a bit of water and pulp. I then add splenda to taste (it will be sweet and sour and a bit tangy) and then I add 1 TBSP WF strawberry sauce to the rhubarb. Once it cools I place it in a bowl and stick it in the fridge.
I think it resembles the filling for strawberry rhubarb pie and works when my cravings are out of control or I just want something sweet. Hope it works for you!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I just weighed myself and the scale said 153.5! I won't record it, since my official WI day is Monday and I only ever record what my coach's scale says... But, this means 1) I'm past my original goal, and 2) I've lost more than 50lbs!!! I'm down 51lbs since starting IP, and 63.5lbs from my non-pregnant heaviest weight.

Here's to a good day. Goals for the day:

If I am hungry, I will eat.
I will not stress about food today...
I will prepare things now so that my day is sane, on program, and delicious.
Congrats Pxlkitty! You ROCK!!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #38  

Quote:
MJK, I know right??? Idk if it is a business ploy to have people buy more boxes of food??? But the thought of tomorrow is stressing me, at $30 a box, I can only get 3 boxes (not sure how many packets come in a box??? do you know??). When I started it was $279 registration and a starter sample of all for a 10 day food supply. I don't know anyone else on the plan, so swapping is out of the question too.......
I really dont know Josey...I am doing an alternative form of IP as we dont have a distributer where I am and I can see where you are stressing out.....OUCH on the pocketbook!

Maybe you can ask him if he would consider selling packets vs. boxes by presenting the pro's and con's and offer to be his spokes person.....He could take before and afters of you and use that in his advertisement...that way you both get the best of both worlds. After all, you will be successful on this program, you are doing it through his office, you just need a little variety to keep you going
Old 07-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning IPers!!!!! I had WI#6 and I was super excited to see I was down another 5.2!!!!!!!! So close to 30 pounds lost!!

Today we are having "Birthday Lunch" at work for the June and July birthdays, and of course, I'm the one that has to order it, so I gladly added salad - which thankfully is only lettuce with the fixin's on the side. I brough zucchini with me to add to it, but the other stuff does not even appeal to me!! So I will gladly eat my IP food and enjoy the "celebration" and not even worry about it!

Looking forward to the weekend!!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

My favorite thing to do with rhubarb is to combine about 1 1/2 cups grated zuchini & 1/2 cup of chopped up rhubarb and microwave it until it is soft. Then add cinnamon and sweetener to taste. I have been using Saigon Cinnamon which really gives it an extra kick! I think it tastes like applesauce and I have been having it at least once a day for the last two months! I have been harvesting my rhubarb from my garden and from two of my co-workers gardens all summer. When my zuchini starts producing, I am going to put a bunch of this up in the freezer for winter time. I know that even on maintenance I will still crave this!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

You are my dream come true...CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #42  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Default Exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Wow! Great posts today...I love readling about all the NSV's...and congrats to all that have seen losses on the scale!
During the program, the only exercise I have done is walking our dogs every day. I'm loving the wieght loss and I know I shouldn't complain, but the fat has seriously shifted around on my upper arm (it's weird but I have lost zero inches here). The loose skin is just flapping in the wind!!
I'm just wondering if any of you have any suggestions for simple moderate exercises i could do to tighten them up a bit. Once I phase off the diet, I am planning on toning up, but is there anything someone can suggest that I can start now that might help?
My thighs are having a similar effect, but I wear pants or skirts, so I don't really care, but I would love to be able to wear a tank top!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Brummie,

I started doing Pilates on a reformer about three weeks after I started IP. It works to strengthen your core muscles as well as tone your whole body. I am 55 and while I'll probably never get rid of all my "jiggles", I really like the way my body has shaped up. I hit maintenance in March and continue to do Pilates twice per week.

I learned that I don't like to break a sweat! (It messes with my hair)
Old 07-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
My favorite thing to do with rhubarb is to combine about 1 1/2 cups grated zuchini & 1/2 cup of chopped up rhubarb and microwave it until it is soft. Then add cinnamon and sweetener to taste. I have been using Saigon Cinnamon which really gives it an extra kick! I think it tastes like applesauce and I have been having it at least once a day for the last two months! I have been harvesting my rhubarb from my garden and from two of my co-workers gardens all summer. When my zuchini starts producing, I am going to put a bunch of this up in the freezer for winter time. I know that even on maintenance I will still crave this!
What a great idea and another way to add variety to the diet! I think im going to give this a try as I need to make more "sauce" today anyway. Thanks JD for the fantastic idea!!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Quote:
So far every box I have bough has had 7 packets in it, but I haven't bought any of the restricted foods yet so I can't speak for those. Good luck!!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #45  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Wow! Great posts today...I love readling about all the NSV's...and congrats to all that have seen losses on the scale!
During the program, the only exercise I have done is walking our dogs every day. I'm loving the wieght loss and I know I shouldn't complain, but the fat has seriously shifted around on my upper arm (it's weird but I have lost zero inches here). The loose skin is just flapping in the wind!!
I'm just wondering if any of you have any suggestions for simple moderate exercises i could do to tighten them up a bit. Once I phase off the diet, I am planning on toning up, but is there anything someone can suggest that I can start now that might help?
My thighs are having a similar effect, but I wear pants or skirts, so I don't really care, but I would love to be able to wear a tank top!
Thanks in advance for any help!
oh I have major flapping, Mary said that swimming helps this... I haven't tried yet as I still haven't shopped for a swimsuit... it is something I have always hated shopping for and I know I have to do it eventually but... I keep saying tonight I am going to start on my WII and tone up that way... maybe tonight as it is suppose to be raining and I can't play outside. Have a great day... oh and me flapping and everything still wear the tank top... but it kind of grosses me out so I can imagine what others think... oh well. Was told yesterday from some ladies that know me, that I seem to be fitting into my skin better this week... and this after I walked in the door and the one lady called her dog away from me as she didn't recognize me... could be the new red hair I am thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Last night too major ... It was my cousin's birthday and I her mother had a party for her. So my aunt made Nana's sauce with oxtail and meatballs and eggs and loads of pasta, a delish salad (I would assume) and to make it worse, she had 2 desserts that are my favorite...the Hummingbird cake from Wright's (a banana,pineapple, nuts cake with cream cheese frosting.. Wright's makes the best sandwiches and desserts in Tampa). And she had peanut butter pie from another delish place. I brought my own food and didn't touch any of it. Nor wine. Got drunk on tons of water though. Just drank it out of a wine goblet. So proud, especially because everyone was saying please, just ONE sample of the sauce to let us know if it tastes like nana's used to. :/ I kindly declined and had to explain that you can't even have a "bite" it will backtrack you 3-4 days!

I was very proud, especially because i just started Sunday so I don't have that first weigh in under my belt to even motivate me.

...did I mention there was egg bread and cuban bread too!? GO ME!

Everyone have a great OP Thursday!
reading this the first thing that came to mind is AWWWW those poor hummingbirds what did they do to be put in a cake Then my all time favorite anything has peanut butter in it... I am proud of you for resisting and you should be proud too you are working this program right from the beginning and that is great.... I have a stash of PB easter eggs, PB pretzels waiting for when I can have them again... and I bought a jar of PB2 and am waiting for phase 3 when I can mix it up on toast for breaky... can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I started IP today and reading your posts gives me the encouragement I need. I have to start trying on mother-of-groom dresses soon so I hope I have the fast results you ladies are having. I sure wish I would of discovered IP sooner!
Don't we all, apparently it has been in canada for 20 years... wish I would have known that long ago, I would have been a hot fox instead of a kind of hot cougar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriab View Post
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for a question but what do your coach's say about changing the times of the meals on the original protocol. I'm finding myself starving all day then having to cram in way too much in the evenings. My coach said that I could try having my dinner snack before my workout on workout days but what are the opinions out there about doing this every week day? It would be easier for me to spread out my meals on weekends but I don't get home until after 6 and go to bed no later than 9:30 so 6 - 8 oz of protein plus a dessert is alot in that little time when I've been starving since 1???
I read on either Dr Tran's book or one of my handouts that you can switch things around, have your supper at lunch or breakfast and your extra snack can be eatten whenever just remember to take your suppliments with it at whatever time you eat it. And Welcome this is a good place for info. Also the stickies for newbies is a great place to start. Whenever I have a question I go back to them and see if I can find an answer.

Look at all the New people that have joined us... It is so great to know that more and more people are finding IP and how great it is
Closed Thread