Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #91  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
Ok so WI#6 for me was disappointing.. AGAIN only lost 1lb.

I went to the new clinic today, and spoke to the physician about my horrible problem with C. I have tried everything it seems.. magnesium citrate (liquid).. CALM, stool softener (colace).. all to no avail. She basically said to take a whole bottle of the magnesium citrate (as opposed to the 2 tbs that are recommended in the IP sheet) for two days, so I guess that's 2 bottles really, and then continue with the CALM and colace for maintenance. So wish me luck with this!

I'm hoping once this problem is taken care of my numbers will be a bit better. It's a little frustrating.. but I'm not discouraged at all. I mean, I've still lost at least a little. I think I may just be a slow loser in general as well.

Also, although I've been doing some light walking and biking since week #3, I've decided as of this week I'm going to increase the intensity and frequency a bit.

Everyone keep up the good work, it's worth it!
My pharmacy girl told me to not mess around just drink the whole bottle of mag citrate and lots of water. She was right worked VERY well. Warning stay close to the bathroom!! The big C is awful, hope you get some relief soon.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #92  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
At my weigh in yesterday I only lost 3.25 inches when my coach measured me and 5.5 pounds lost. She was concerned as she is worried that I am losing muscle and suggested I make sure I eat 8 oz of protein at my eve. meal. Has anyone else had this happen to them? She told me that I should lose more inches that what I lost in pounds.
I agree with the others who said this is a bunch of malarky. Don't worry about it. We all lose in different ways.

As an aside, almost every coach measures differently anyway. Does your coach do one arm or two? ankles? one thigh or both?... TOM can affect the pounds lost even when you are on IP due to water retention, etc.

Don't worry. I'm sure you are fine.

Jordanna-- You had me laughing out loud at work. Someone actually came into my office to find out why. Thanks I needed that today!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #93  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Ok so WI#6 for me was disappointing.. AGAIN only lost 1lb.

I went to the new clinic today, and spoke to the physician about my horrible problem with C. I have tried everything it seems.. magnesium citrate (liquid).. CALM, stool softener (colace).. all to no avail. She basically said to take a whole bottle of the magnesium citrate (as opposed to the 2 tbs that are recommended in the IP sheet) for two days, so I guess that's 2 bottles really, and then continue with the CALM and colace for maintenance. So wish me luck with this!

I'm hoping once this problem is taken care of my numbers will be a bit better. It's a little frustrating.. but I'm not discouraged at all. I mean, I've still lost at least a little. I think I may just be a slow loser in general as well.

Also, although I've been doing some light walking and biking since week #3, I've decided as of this week I'm going to increase the intensity and frequency a bit.

Everyone keep up the good work, it's worth it!
Per my gastrointernist I take Miralax twice a day & Colace. I have always had a problem with the bit C and staying on this regimen keeps me "empty". Good Luck.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #94  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
How much and how often do you take it?

Thanks for the suggestion
I take 2 once a day. The first few days it kinda gave me a gut ache but now it doesn't at all. It's just a vegetable laxative.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 175.2/170.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey all! I hope eveyone is having a great day!

My hubby and I were going to try to beat the heat yesterday and go to the local pool to cool off a bit in this horribly hot, humid weather. Unfortunately the pool was closed so we went home and as I took off my swim bottoms I noticed that they were looking a little thread-bare. Upon further inspection (held those puppies up towards the light) I noticed that they were plenty thread-bare right where the crack of my behind was (THANK GOD THE POOL WAS CLOSED).

Went to the store today to replace those bottoms (top is still in really good shape) and I was quickly reminded why the swimsuit that I own is so old...I HATE SWIMSUIT SHOPPING!!!

Thankfully I am on day 2 week 2 of IP without any cheating (thanks to some great suggestions by some of you on how to avoid cravings) and next time I go swimsuit shopping I will feel much better about how I look in one....have a great day all!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #96  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default WOW lots of talk today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all, just thought I would drop in and say hello. Looks like everyone is doing well! Keep up the good work. It has been a hot month in KS, over 103°F all week. Crazy! Stay safe and well hydrated if you are out in the heat.

The changes this program makes in your life are too many to describe and are just wonderful. Keep up the good work and support for each other!

Take care!
Great to hear from you Juice, How is your garden going? can we all come and harvest it soon? Glad you stopped by to say hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I walked in to work this morning with my purse over my shoulder and in my arms I had my lunch bag, my coffee mug, my iPhone, my keys and my IP Shaker full of yummy breakfast shake and I'm walking down to my office and I can feel my pants slipping and slipping and whoosh they fall right to my knees....and there was nothing I could do about it because I was carrying all my stuff....I looked around and no one saw me but if I made a noise dropping my stuff or production about it someone would have surely noticed so I quickly shimmied my way to my office with my pants down around my ankles until I got to my desk where I could drop all my stuff and pull them back up.

And that's how my day is going
Oh you have to admit it is funny... Thanks for the laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnoelparis View Post
Good morning!
First day down. Stayed OP all day, drank my water, but my lunch wasnt so great...choked down my salad. It wasnt my usual, I was out of spinach, so maybe thats why??

I was feeling a little tired toward the evening and ready to have dinner. I made a stir fry with bok choy, celery, cabbage, mushrooms, broccoli and 6 oz of chicken breast. It was great!

Here is my update:
Monday 7/18/11 -200.0 lbs
Tuesday 7/19/11 -196.4 lbs
Wednesday 7/20/11 - 193.8

Down 6.2, I like that! Looking at this number should give me an extra push if I get those withdrawl symptoms today! This week can be challenging (headaches, thinking of carbs, Diet Pepsi, etc.)

Does anyone get queasy taking thier vitamins. I have never been a good vitamin taker and even after eating light, I still get nauseaus. In fact, I am feeling like that just talking about it...ick! Any ideas?

Have a great OP day everyone!
Hugs,
Leah
If you have the vitamins with your meal or on a full stomach you are less likely to get nauseaous. I have that if I take my pills in the morning and forget to have my breakfast right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
I was thinking about three pounds a week would be optimal but wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I knew that 5 pounds would be completely unrealistic since I'm so close to my goal weight.
Please don't expect 3 lbs. cant tell how much you regularily lose but now that you are getting close to your goal, they say the last 10 lbs are the hardest ones to come off. as for me I am all over the scale but average out to between 13 and 17 lbs a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster on a diet View Post
Can someone help me, i think i might have sabotage my program whitout even knowing it. Ive been having radishes in my 4 cups of veggies a day in the past 5 days and now i realize i dont see them in the allowed veggies section. Plz tell me that didnt take me out of ketosis. Have been having between 4-8 a day.

Thank you
Never mind someone answered. Have you tried radish chips yet?

Good afternoon everyone, you all sound like you are having a great day..
Wrecky, tomorrow will be better and to make you smile read Jordanna's post again...

I have been in one of my other offices today so just finally caught up on the news from the day... Congrats on all your NSVs and SVs and have a great night.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I am not really sure if the coffee thing had anything to do with it, but since I was cutting down on WF, I had no reason to really drink coffee. I love coffee but switched to decaf years and years ago, so I don't really rely on it for it's caffeine purposes. So to drink or not to drink really makes no difference to me. So I just opted to not drink since I wanted to limit my WF usage.

It was really hard to not get on the scale, but so worth it. The first few weeks I was on it ALL THE TIME! But my trick is as soon as I get up, I go to the kitchen and chug a big glass of water. This way, even if I am tempted to get on the scale, I know it will be skewed. It has really helped mentally. As long as I am OP on doing what I should be doing, I know that IP will take care of itself. I also think that stressing out over any fluctuations is bad for weight loss. So I am staying off!

I am in Deerfield Beach (Broward County).
GREAT idea about chugging the water to help "resist" the temptation...I don't think I will get on again, going to focus on loser clothes (hopefully)...I am in Inverness (a little South of Ocala)/.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 175.2/170.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Just wondering if its normal to experience days of fluctuating extreme hunger and no hunger? I have noticed the past few days that I havent felt hungry at all but today I am hungry 1 hour after eating and drinking a glass of water doesnt help...has anyone else had this problem?

Also wondering when the bathroom runs will end? I have never been a big water drinker and am now consuming between 48 and 64 oz a day and running to the bathroom every hour. I wake up in the middle of the night too 1-3 times to use the bathroom also...any ideas on how long it takes your body to get used to having the extra fluids?

Thanks all for the info and support!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
JoseyM - for the cold Tomato Basil soup recipe I'm wondering a few things:

Did you add hot water to the soup first and then chill it or just cold water straight up?

Have you tried other veggies like radishes, peppers or spinach?

Have you tried adding lemon juice or horse radish or anything?

Thanks!
Jordanna (my daughter loves your name, hers is Jordan and wants to know why I didn't spell it like yours!!), I mixed the soup with cold tap since the soup is supposed to be cold, I may have even used cold out of the fridge and just used a little more water since I wanted a bit more soup. I tried to keep the recipe as close as I would if making true Gazpacho, so I have not tried any of the others you suggested, but I am sure they would be YUMMY< more like a V8. I think next time I will leave the onion out, it overpowered the other taste a bit. Let me know how it works for you
Old 07-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster on a diet View Post
Can someone help me, i think i might have sabotage my program whitout even knowing it. Ive been having radishes in my 4 cups of veggies a day in the past 5 days and now i realize i dont see them in the allowed veggies section. Plz tell me that didnt take me out of ketosis. Have been having between 4-8 a day.

Thank you
Rooster, they are allowed, they are on my list. I have been using as a crunchy "snack" with my lunch.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
My pharmacy girl told me to not mess around just drink the whole bottle of mag citrate and lots of water. She was right worked VERY well. Warning stay close to the bathroom!! The big C is awful, hope you get some relief soon.
I believe there is an entire thread that just addresses constipation. I would think the mag citrate may have carbs, not sure. So that a person doesn't have to stay near a toilet for fear of an accident, mirilax or novalax works very well- and doesn't give you the big "D". I suggest/recommend Mirilax for all of my patient's who complain of constipation and use it myself when I have had trouble on this diet.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #102  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKinMN View Post
Just wondering if its normal to experience days of fluctuating extreme hunger and no hunger? I have noticed the past few days that I havent felt hungry at all but today I am hungry 1 hour after eating and drinking a glass of water doesnt help...has anyone else had this problem?

Also wondering when the bathroom runs will end? I have never been a big water drinker and am now consuming between 48 and 64 oz a day and running to the bathroom every hour. I wake up in the middle of the night too 1-3 times to use the bathroom also...any ideas on how long it takes your body to get used to having the extra fluids?

I was hungry at the beginning of the diet and then again around week 5 or 6 for a few days. I had an egg white or dill pickle and tried to distract myself. Hopefully you will get past it soon.

I hate to say, but you might find you have better losses if you drink more water. 48 oz is too little and 64 is borderline. You might want to try to shoot for more like 80-100. I try to get most of my water earlier in the day so I don't have to get up in the middle of the night, but I think having kids helped my bladder expand. I don't have too much trouble. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #103  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKinMN View Post

I see Lucky answered you... I too recommend more than 64 oz... they say half of what you weigh now you should be drinking... also bathroom breaks don't end I am into my 6th month and I don't go as much as night anymore but do go between 3 - 430 and then am up by 5 to go again... on here somewhere someone suggested stop drinking water about 1 hour before bed... I am on my 3rd 32 oz cup full and it is just about finished and I still have hours to get through... I am so thirsty today I think it is because I had Iced coffee for this morning and can't seem to quench my thirst.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #104  

Height: 5'4"

I have tried to stay away from beef all week and I needed a big mac in a bowl tonight so I hope it doesn't affect my weigh in tomorrow! Has anyone noticed smaller losses when eating beef over fish or chicken?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 188/188/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I have tried to stay away from beef all week and I needed a big mac in a bowl tonight so I hope it doesn't affect my weigh in tomorrow! Has anyone noticed smaller losses when eating beef over fish or chicken?
Have you ever tried using ground turkey breast? I've been using it for a long time so I don't notice a huge difference.
Closed Thread