How did you find IP and decide to go for it?

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Our Dr. recommended IP to us, and I am so thankful she did. I have tried many weight loss programs, and have had success with them, only to gain what I lost back and more every time. I feel the IP program has helped me to think about the food I choose and having the 4 phases to go through I am confident this is my last diet. My blood is O- and I love carbs, but they don't love me. My Dad and his 2 siblings all died before they were 40 years old, all with health issues. I am the first 1 in the family to go over 40 years old and get to almost 54 years. Also diabetes runs strong in both sides of my family, so I really need to drop this weight and maintain it. With IP I know I have made the right choice to accomplish this. Tomorrow I will have been on IP for 5 months and so far I have lost 69" and 54 pounds, I don't seem to have big weekly pound losses, but I know I will get there someday. I feel so much better now,and I am on the road to being healthier, and to be here to enjoy my family and friends hopefully for a long, long time thanks to IP.
  • great thread!!

I was visiting at a friend's house a few weeks ago and she was telling me about another friend who was doing a high protein diet. I asked her what it was called and she told me. I spent the next 3 days glued to the computer reading every post on this forum and decided to order some alternative products instead.

My ProtiDiet products finally arrived today and I will start on Monday! YIPEE!!
  • Finding IP and getting my life back...
    I did the "curves" diet - which is similar to Atkins - and lost 60 lbs until my husband became ill and I had to change what we were eating to help him - well - all of the weight (and then some came back on). I was in my doctor's office and saw a sign that said ... lose weight now... and was all over that asking for brochures, etc.

It then took me 2 months to gain the courage to join up (that and I had two cruises booked - that I used as my last opportunity to eat anything...) Had I known more, I could have used those two months to get to goal sooner and now, being able to eat out at restaurants - it is so easy. I find most places to be so very accommodating these days - replacing potatoes with steamed veggies and dry grilling meats and seafoods - I really do wish I started sooner - but that is water under the bridge now.

I could not be happier being on this program and I thank each of you for your continued support (even if you don't even realize that your posts do just that!!!).