Old 07-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Default Update on my journey of IP

Hello friends!!! Just wanted to catch up with everyone. I started IP in January and phased off in May with a total loss of 50 lbs!! We went on vacation for two weeks and did enjoy myself some and gained 2 lbs. I started phae 1 again for a week and lost those 2 lbs and another 5 lbs. I did plan a cheat day on July 4th but all I really did was have some chips and a cookie. Did a phase 1 the next day. I have gone from a size 16 to a size 6 and my chest went from a 42C to a 36 C. Big changes!! At times it is not easy but looking at myself in pictures this year and some from last year --OMG!!! Friends say that yes I look differnt but seem so much happier, more confident!! My brother told me that this is the skinniest he has ever remembered me being, including high school!! I look at food differently and know that I will ALWAYS have to watch what I eat. At my dr visit this week all my blood work come back in normal range and my BP was way down. Dr was very proud !! So I guess I hope that all of you struggling will take heart that this can be done but you have to want it for the rest of your lives!! This program works if you do it correctly and that means NO cheating ever!!! I want to thank everyone on the boards for helping me through this journey. There were days that I didn't think I could survive without the support and kind words. I still read the boards and just wanted to give my support to you. Whoever said that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels was right on the money! Good luck and best wishes

Christine
rulemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/169/163

Height: 5 ft 9 in

Well said.....I too am in maintenance but have chosen to go back to phase I for three weeks then repeat phase III before maintenance routine.
SisterPotsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Thanks for sharing! I am always interested to hear people who kept the weight off and are continuing to follow phase 3 / 4 protocol. One of my biggest fears is gaining back the weight, but I know that I cannot go back to what I was doing before. I am fully committed to following the maintainance phase for my daily lifestyle eating habits. I have heard some people find they are too sensitive to the carbs in phase 4 and loosely follow 3 for maintainance.

It is also good to hear that during the maintainance phase, you were able to have your cheat day and go back to phase 1 w/o an issue and w/o gaining back the weight.

I agree, these boards are a saviour. Because let's be real, who doesn't have weak moments? But coming to these boards and getting support is huge and it has certainly helped me stay 100% OP. Last weekend was extremely difficult for me and every chance I got, I jumped on the computer, complained a little bit around here and got support. On more than one occasion last weekend it kept me from cheating and kept me 100% accountable and OP.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #4  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

Wow. How inspiring. Congratulations on losing and keeping it off.

These boards have been a godsend to me. I keep thinking...can I do this? I look around here and see so many others who are right along side me doing the same journey and sometimes wondering the same thing. Each week as the weight comes off I grow more confident and more sure that my goal IS possible. For the first time...

I am scared about phasing off (although that wont happen for at least two months). I keep telling myself may be I will stick to IP foods for breakfast and snacks because they are easy...but what do real cheat days look like? How can I be sure I keep this off for good? I know that all these answers will come in time and most can be found around here.

I hope to have the same success as those that I read about on here and I know we all really will....
champaignsupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

Agreed! I am so thankful for this forum -- I probably would not have made it through the tough days, the stalls, etc. without the inspiration from all of you! Many, many, many thanks!

My husband is actually going to be at goal here shortly while I have about ten more pounds to lose before goal -- that's just not fair! But, men tend to lose weight faster than women -- a fact of life in any weight loss program that I've been involved in.

With all of the information out here, I have been able to research where we go next in the phases.

I know that we are going to be successful and knowing that you can go back to Phase I and correct mistakes is reassuring that we can stay healthy for the long haul!
Lone Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

How wonderful for you!

I did IP from March 14, 2011 until June 11, 2011 and I lost 30 lbs. I gained back 2 lbs since and have been maintaining at 146 lbs for over a month now (goal was 144 lbs but secretely, I would have loved to reach 135 lbs - my wedding day weight). I am very happy with my new body and I am still receiving tons of compliments!

Before starting IP, my GP was monitoring me for high blood pressure. I recently had an earache and went to the clinic to have it checked out and my BP was excellent!!!

I am trying to follow phase 4 protocol but I do seem to have more than 1 cheat day per week and I usually have a phase 1 day the following day whenever it happens. Actually, I have decided to do phase 4 from Monday breakfast until just after Friday lunch. I let loose on Friday night and Saturday (and sometimes on Sunday as well). Even when "let loose", I do not eat as much, or as badly as I used to before IP!

I am still seriously considering going back to phase 1 in the fall to try and lose another 5-10 lbs.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to you, such an inspiration. I am new on the "journey" I am in my 3rd week and have not even thought about cheating. I hope that I have the strength and money to do as well as you.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
I look at food differently and know that I will ALWAYS have to watch what I eat.

This program works if you do it correctly and that means NO cheating ever!!!
After a tough weekend, this really hit home for me. Thank you!
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #9  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Hello friends!!! Just wanted to catch up with everyone. I started IP in January and phased off in May with a total loss of 50 lbs!! We went on vacation for two weeks and did enjoy myself some and gained 2 lbs. I started phae 1 again for a week and lost those 2 lbs and another 5 lbs. I did plan a cheat day on July 4th but all I really did was have some chips and a cookie. Did a phase 1 the next day. I have gone from a size 16 to a size 6 and my chest went from a 42C to a 36 C. Big changes!! At times it is not easy but looking at myself in pictures this year and some from last year --OMG!!! Friends say that yes I look differnt but seem so much happier, more confident!! My brother told me that this is the skinniest he has ever remembered me being, including high school!! I look at food differently and know that I will ALWAYS have to watch what I eat. At my dr visit this week all my blood work come back in normal range and my BP was way down. Dr was very proud !! So I guess I hope that all of you struggling will take heart that this can be done but you have to want it for the rest of your lives!! This program works if you do it correctly and that means NO cheating ever!!! I want to thank everyone on the boards for helping me through this journey. There were days that I didn't think I could survive without the support and kind words. I still read the boards and just wanted to give my support to you. Whoever said that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels was right on the money! Good luck and best wishes

Christine
Congrats Christine, it is all worth it hearing stories like yours. Thank you so much.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Yes thank you. Hope reinforced!
Wrecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Thank you so much for sharing! I love to hear the success stories.
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #12  

Thanks so much for the encouragement!!
GramEGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

These types of posts keep you going. After having a hard few weeks with no weight loss I finally lost 3.5 last week. So excited. Thank you for reinforcing it
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote