Old 07-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Question Carbs and fats, never together?

What are some examples of eating carbs without fats? Maybe pretzels, what do you put on pasta?
Whole wheat pasta is nicely low GI, I would have that...but, not sure what I could put on it. Are we supposed to eat it plain?
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Spaghetti (pasta) with marinara sauce and some turkey meatballs

Turkey sandwich with mustard

Brown rice, black beans and some lean pork/chicken/turkey

Baked sweet potato (with any protein)

Corn on the cob

Quinoa or cous cous

The options for carbs are ENDLESS!!!! They just need to be prepared in a low fat fashion.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #3  
Freedom from Food

Talking Thanks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post

Corn on the cob

Quinoa or cous cous

The options for carbs are ENDLESS!!!! They just need to be prepared in a low fat fashion.

Great suggestions. I really like to read your posts. They are uplifting, and you really sound so solid in your plan. I need that kind of strength. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #4  

Thanks! I am really set on this really being "my last diet". I figure that every day I stay OP is a day of success. I take it one day at a time, one meal at a time.

I used to weigh over 200# and was able to lose a considerable amount of weight over the last few years, but was so sick of yo-yoing 20 pounds and never getting to where I really wanted to be, which is in the 130's. This time I am determined to get there and to live life in Phase IV. This is the first time I have ever seen a diet that really lays out the maintainance plan for you. It seems like I would always go from losing weight to gaining weight, with nothing in between. I like knowing going into it that there is a plan for "the after".

But I digress. I am always happy to help! I think that every time you choose an IP packet over something else, you are successful. The weekends are very difficult for me, but I just keep telling myself that every time I stay OP, the faster I will get to my goal. Sometimes it is the only thing that keeps me getting off plan!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #5  
Freedom from Food

Quote:
Thanks! I am really set on this really being "my last diet". I figure that every day I stay OP is a day of success. I take it one day at a time, one meal at a time.

I used to weigh over 200# and was able to lose a considerable amount of weight over the last few years, but was so sick of yo-yoing 20 pounds and never getting to where I really wanted to be, which is in the 130's. This time I am determined to get there and to live life in Phase IV. This is the first time I have ever seen a diet that really lays out the maintainance plan for you. It seems like I would always go from losing weight to gaining weight, with nothing in between. I like knowing going into it that there is a plan for "the after".

But I digress. I am always happy to help! I think that every time you choose an IP packet over something else, you are successful. The weekends are very difficult for me, but I just keep telling myself that every time I stay OP, the faster I will get to my goal. Sometimes it is the only thing that keeps me getting off plan!
Yes...that is exactly how I feel also. I have weighed as much as 192, and have yo yo dieted all my life. I've always felt out of control with food alot more than in control. I think having the maintenence plan is far and away the best reward...it is more "liveable" than other plans I've seen.

Have you read the ebook by Dr. Tren? I read it today and it was excellent. It really helped to make sense out of the importance of doing the phases and not cheating.

I'm glad to find someone who can help me with the struggles...weekends are hard, indeed. Late nights for me too...i just made a pudding cake tho...it's really a great treat.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #6  

I have read the book- TWICE! I just re-read it over the weekend for a little motivation / support / re-enforcement. I am bound and determined to not cheat.

I need to talk to my coach, but my husband & I are going to Germany at the end of Sept. I think I will probably start phasing off at the beginning of Sept. so I can go there and just enjoy. I have never been to Europe and I really want to be able to go and not worry about what I am eating or drinking. Then when I get back, I am planning on getting back on Phase 1 to finish my journey. I don't know for sure, but it seems like that is the best plan of attack instead of just going there without re-introducing carbs and then shocking my system. I am hoping to be pretty close to my goal by then anyway. Which is also really helping me stay the course because I want to lose as much as possible before all of this goes down
Old 07-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #7  
Freedom from Food

Thumbs up

Quote:
I have read the book- TWICE! I just re-read it over the weekend for a little motivation / support / re-enforcement. I am bound and determined to not cheat.

I need to talk to my coach, but my husband & I are going to Germany at the end of Sept. I think I will probably start phasing off at the beginning of Sept. so I can go there and just enjoy. I have never been to Europe and I really want to be able to go and not worry about what I am eating or drinking. Then when I get back, I am planning on getting back on Phase 1 to finish my journey. I don't know for sure, but it seems like that is the best plan of attack instead of just going there without re-introducing carbs and then shocking my system. I am hoping to be pretty close to my goal by then anyway. Which is also really helping me stay the course because I want to lose as much as possible before all of this goes down
Oh yes, you SHOULD really enjoy all the pleasures of Germany. This is what my coach does, and I actually just spoke with her about this today because of my own vacation issues and concerns:

She puts her clients directly on two weeks of Phase 3, very strict, right before the start of the vacation. Then she recommends that while you are away, you maintain a consciousness of what you choose to eat. There will be times that you just indulge with abandon and should enjoy that, but there may be days where you can do phase 1 (and not feel deprived) to balance out some of the indulgent eating.
When you get home, expect weight gain and don't beat yourself up because it was planned...just get right back to phase 1 and finish up straight through. I also like to remind myself that I'm not going someplace (whether it's someone's party, house for dinner, out to dinner, or on a vacation) to EAT. I can do that just fine anywhere and at home to be sure. I am going to experience and to learn, to indulge in new conversation, etc. to be with the people, not the food.

I would be curious to see what your coach suggests and if it matches what mine recommends. There certainly are some variations out there!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #8  

I actually like the sound of what your coach does. As it gets closer I will talk to her about my plan of attack. I am fully prepared to gain weight while we are away and I am mentally ready for it. I also know that I will be getting right back on the horse as soon as I get home. I think as long as I know this ahead of time, it will make the transition so much easier!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/160.5/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I agree, jennydoodle...you are very helpful and so motivating too! I too will be in phase 1 for a while. This is week 8 for me and I have lost 19 lbs. which is encouraging, hoever, the boredom issue is always there. I am afraid of trying new Ip products since buying the milk choc pudding and not really liking it at all..simce my center doesnt allow exchanges/returns.
sonoio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
I actually like the sound of what your coach does. As it gets closer I will talk to her about my plan of attack. I am fully prepared to gain weight while we are away and I am mentally ready for it. I also know that I will be getting right back on the horse as soon as I get home. I think as long as I know this ahead of time, it will make the transition so much easier!
That sounds perfect, and you know... being in that beautiful country, you will be surrounded by breads and pastries etc... so try a 'piece' just not a whole loaf LOL....even tho we might feel like it... cheeses etc... just limit the quantities... try it but be 'aware'..... when I went to punta cana last winter... I had pizza, but ONE slice, thin crust... and stopped... usually i would eat a whole pizza...... bread? maybe 1x or 2 while there, but ONE piece...no butter... came home to I think it was a 3 or 5 lb gain.. and in one week on IP it was OFF........ I drank wine, rum, tonnes of champayne... but this program works... we just always, I think.....have to be aware of what and how much we take into our bodies.
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #11  

Yes, I don't think that I will gorge myself because even before IP I always made conscience decisions. But if I want a pretzle or potato, I don't want to be worrying about. I am also planning on bringing some bars and packets with me for those times that I can have them.

Plus, I feel like it is getting a little bit easier to make the right IP decisions and I could very possibly do a modified P1 (all protein & veggies) some days and not feel like I am depriving myself. I still have 8+ weeks until we head out, so there is plenty of time to figure it out.

Thanks to all you guys for the support too! And sharing your experiences on what you did for big trips and how you bounced back.

For anything else, I probably would have just taken my packets, but for something big like this, I just want to enjoy.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #12  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:

Corn on the cob

Quinoa or cous cous

Oh thank you Jennydoodle!! I have been really studying the "book" and also my handouts in preparation for the latter phases....and your list of ideas is a HUGE help to me!!! YOU ROCK!!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #13  

Glad I could help!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #14  
Freedom from Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoio View Post
I agree, jennydoodle...you are very helpful and so motivating too! I too will be in phase 1 for a while. This is week 8 for me and I have lost 19 lbs. which is encouraging, hoever, the boredom issue is always there. I am afraid of trying new Ip products since buying the milk choc pudding and not really liking it at all..simce my center doesnt allow exchanges/returns.
Tht's awful you don't get to return packages, I can buy one at a time to try and exchange anything anytime I don't want. It's so expensive, they really should re-evaluate that policy.
I do use proti products, they are very similar and way cheaper. They have some nice products...even a cho fudge cake that is really yummy. Also the Advantage low carb rtd drink is really good, and less expensive.