Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #16  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Been awhile since I've posted in the daily thread. So Hi all!

My life is in total disrepair at the moment, so I have kind of shut everyone out that I can. I was going to phase off of IP, since I won't be able to afford it as I'm going from being a sahm to more then likely a minimum wage employee to try and support myself. However after trying on some clothes I was given by a friend to help me when I have to start interviewing (shorts and t-shirts that make up my wardrobe, just weren't going to cut it) I realized how much farther I still have to go. Fortunately my, I don't know what to call him other then spouse, has agreed to help me get my next shipment of food.

One thing I can say about IP is that it's definitely been beneficial to me in this time of my life. It's forced me to continue to eat, even though I don't want too.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.
I'm sorry to hear about your job situation. I'm sending some positive energy your way!! I know that good jobs are very hard to come by, I really hope that you find something soon.

Elissa
Old 07-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #17  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
Speaking of which, I have a great NSV to report. Ever since I started the program, I have been planning on today being a cheat day to celebrate being on the program six weeks, and to get popcorn and candy at the movie tonight. Well, when I woke up this morning I didn't even want a cheat day anymore. It actually sounded horrible to ruin the diet. So I am just gonna bring a big bottle of water and some cheese curls to the movie tonight and be perfectly content.
WOW!!! That is super!!! Yay you!!! Have a great time tonight!! Can't wait to hear about the movie!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
People's individual reactions to your weight loss have more to do with how they feel about themselves than what they observe about you. I have noticed many people go from thrilled to jealous, since now I am smaller than they are. Just keep your eye on the prize. If someone says something mean, just say "I am working with a dr and I am comfortable that I am doing something that is right for my health." That shuts up a LOT of people.

Amen.....you are soooo right sister!!! I have never been a competitive person, especially when it comes to my weight. I have a couple of friends whom I am almost the same weight as, and I am starting to think they feel a little "uncomfortable" around me. I never, EVER flaunt my weightloss....heck...I never even talk about it unless someone else asks me specifically!! It will be interesting as more weight comes off to see what will happen. I pray that my friendships will remain unconditional as they always have been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Been awhile since I've posted in the daily thread. So Hi all!

My life is in total disrepair at the moment, so I have kind of shut everyone out that I can. I was going to phase off of IP, since I won't be able to afford it as I'm going from being a sahm to more then likely a minimum wage employee to try and support myself. However after trying on some clothes I was given by a friend to help me when I have to start interviewing (shorts and t-shirts that make up my wardrobe, just weren't going to cut it) I realized how much farther I still have to go. Fortunately my, I don't know what to call him other then spouse, has agreed to help me get my next shipment of food.

One thing I can say about IP is that it's definitely been beneficial to me in this time of my life. It's forced me to continue to eat, even though I don't want too.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

I am so sorry to hear about all the turmoil you are going thru....stay strong....remember....YOU CAN MAKE IT THRU ANYTHING!!! You have the power within you!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #18  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroderick View Post
Oh my ... so yesterday was my WI # 2 I was so excited, but then I found out I only lost 1 pound ?! ahhhh trying to figure out where I went wrong ... it just amazes me that im not dropping pounds like crazy I mean, I eat like a quater of what I used to eat. I think it may be the water ? not drinking enough & I slack on 4 cups of veggies too .... I drink a shake every morning with my coffee is that bad ?? & for lunch I usually eat the chili or spageti ... well this week I want to get back on track !!
How often are you eating the spaghetti? you should have it no more than 2 times a week.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #19  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good morning all!!!! I'm trying very hard to not step on that darn scale everyday so today is day 2 of not stepping on it, dont plan on stepping on a scale till my WI next week Friday (only WI every 2 weeks).
But on a greater note, im actually wearing clothes today that I would normally not feel comfortable in, and my hubby think I look cute today so YAY!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #20  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Good morning all!!!! I'm trying very hard to not step on that darn scale everyday so today is day 2 of not stepping on it, dont plan on stepping on a scale till my WI next week Friday (only WI every 2 weeks).
But on a greater note, im actually wearing clothes today that I would normally not feel comfortable in, and my hubby think I look cute today so YAY!!!
I'm trying the no scale everyday thing too and I'm already talking myself out of stepping on it in the morning so I'm prepared! I know I don't need to and will be better off without it!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #21  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning! Well had another food dream last night. I've been having them alot these past couple of weeks. It's kinda scary in a way but yet funny. I wake up and I feel satisfied but yet weird at the same time. I know I won't cheat as this is week 12 and still no cheating. I'm very confident in myself. As long as I can keep cheating in my dreams I'll be good....lol.

Another NSV for me. I went shopping last night, had to pick up a few groceries and noticed there was some nice walking shorts on sale. Keep in mind I can't remember the last time I wore shorts, maybe when I was a child. I always hated the way my upper legs looked. I would never wear anything that would show above my knee. I tried on 2 pairs and they both fit and look damn good if you ask me. And they were size 16. When I started IP 11 weeks ago, I was wearing size 22. I feel great and more motivated than ever.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #22  

Quote:
Good morning everyone! I am normally never up this early, but the power pole right next to our house got struck by lightning last night ( ) and the power finally came back on just an hour ago. Of course I had left the light right over my bed on... Ugh.
WI#6 is this morning. I am always excited on WI days so I will never get back to sleep now.
Plus... I am a huge nerd of a Harry Potter fan so with the last movie coming out tonight it is kinda like Christmas morning: Once you are up there is no getting back to sleep.
Speaking of which, I have a great NSV to report. Ever since I started the program, I have been planning on today being a cheat day to celebrate being on the program six weeks, and to get popcorn and candy at the movie tonight. Well, when I woke up this morning I didn't even want a cheat day anymore. It actually sounded horrible to ruin the diet. So I am just gonna bring a big bottle of water and some cheese curls to the movie tonight and be perfectly content.

I hope everyone has an amazing OP day!
Woohoo well done staying strong and making the decision not to cheat, that's awesome. When I went to the movies I snuck in water flavoring to ad to my water and a bag of cheese curls and wasn't bothered with my husbands candy eating because I love love love the cheese curls so it's like we'd each picked out a movie treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
Today marks the 4th day in a row my wieght has gone up. No cheating and I still went up. I know I am not getting enough veggies, or salt, but for my wieght to go up? Is this normal anyone?
The salt and veggies are an integral part of the program, you probably aren't getting enough carbs so your body is hanging on to what it has and storing water because it thinks you're starving it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkari View Post
I had another 2.6 pound loss last week. Considering I've had a hard time staying OP lately, I'm really happy with that. I'm hoping to lose another 4-5 pounds in the coming 10 days. I have a photo shoot on the 25th and want to look super hot!!

A coworker eluded to my losing weight by accusing me of being anorexic the other day. It was the first time I'd felt offended about my weight loss. Some people are just mean.

Then another coworker called me pretty, so I guess they cancel out!

Happy Thursday, IPers!
Way to go on the loss, that's great! Don't worry about petty co-workers, people unfortunately like to see others fail as they have rather than prove it can be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Good luck...I hop on the scale every morning to see where I'm at, I just don't let it bother me if it's up a bit, it's always temporary
Old 07-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #23  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone, Had WI#10 yesterday loss 4.4lbs and 6.4 inches so that puts me at my 50lb mark in 10 weeks. So I am super hyper today, I have a job interview at 1030 and was up at 7 getting ready, its crazy. I love the way I feel now if only my hip would stop hurting there would be no stopping me. Well I suppose I better go finish getting ready for the interview. Everyone have a GREAT OP day!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #24  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning everyone, Had WI#10 yesterday loss 4.4lbs and 6.4 inches so that puts me at my 50lb mark in 10 weeks. So I am super hyper today, I have a job interview at 1030 and was up at 7 getting ready, its crazy. I love the way I feel now if only my hip would stop hurting there would be no stopping me. Well I suppose I better go finish getting ready for the interview. Everyone have a GREAT OP day!

Congratulations on the weigh in!! WOW - 50lbs!

Good luck today with your interview!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 170/155/130

Height: 5'7"

I switched off spagetti & chilli for lunch everyday are the shakes restricted too, because I have one everyday & then usually a pudding @ night ...
Old 07-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #26  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
Congratulations on the weigh in!! WOW - 50lbs!

Good luck today with your interview!
Thanks, the interview is where I attended and they haven't seen me since the first week in May so I am going to be a bit smaller so we will see if they notice a difference. I am anxious that is for sure!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Good morning everyone! I am normally never up this early, but the power pole right next to our house got struck by lightning last night ( ) and the power finally came back on just an hour ago. Of course I had left the light right over my bed on... Ugh.
WI#6 is this morning. I am always excited on WI days so I will never get back to sleep now.
Plus... I am a huge nerd of a Harry Potter fan so with the last movie coming out tonight it is kinda like Christmas morning: Once you are up there is no getting back to sleep.

Good plan for the theatre! What I have done is take a pack of the chocolate soy puffs and then buy a hot coffee at the theatre...let each puff slowly melt in my mouth, thus making me eat them a LOT slower LOL... or the peanut butter puffs, etc... some cut up a bar in lil squares and bag it... just some ideas
Old 07-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Pxlkitty4! I don't know why I didn't see the thread already started-duh!

MInewgoal, sending you lots of positive vibes....stay positive!

Congrats on all the SV and NSV's everyone!!!

haha, I had a NSV yesterday, I guess you could call it that. I ran to Stop & Shop for a few veggies and there were no baskets, so I carried all my goods by hand and almost lost my pants!!! haha, my jeans are getting a little to big and with no free hands to pull the waist up a little, it could have been an un-pretty sight lol!!! I made it though haha. I was amused
Old 07-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #29  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
I had another 2.6 pound loss last week. Considering I've had a hard time staying OP lately, I'm really happy with that. I'm hoping to lose another 4-5 pounds in the coming 10 days. I have a photo shoot on the 25th and want to look super hot!!

A coworker eluded to my losing weight by accusing me of being anorexic the other day. It was the first time I'd felt offended about my weight loss. Some people are just mean.

Then another coworker called me pretty, so I guess they cancel out!

Happy Thursday, IPers!
I agree with Pxlkitty, it is more likely they are not happy and are jealous

Quote:

Good for you... I don't think a cheat is worth the work afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroderick View Post
Oh my ... so yesterday was my WI # 2 I was so excited, but then I found out I only lost 1 pound ?! ahhhh trying to figure out where I went wrong ... it just amazes me that im not dropping pounds like crazy I mean, I eat like a quater of what I used to eat. I think it may be the water ? not drinking enough & I slack on 4 cups of veggies too .... I drink a shake every morning with my coffee is that bad ?? & for lunch I usually eat the chili or spageti ... well this week I want to get back on track !!
Maybe you hit a plateau and it just has to work its way out. It is VERY important to eat your 4 cups of veg. and if you are having your chili and spagetti at lunch that is the only restricted you having in one day right? If you need a refresher I would re read the information, WATER very important, VEGGIES very important as well. Please look at the July Newbie thread as there was some very good information that CAT's coach gave her and it is something we all should read.

Have a great day all. Welcome new people, congrats on all goals and SVs and NSVs... Everyone we can do this.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #30  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
I totally agree with the others. I work with some really "stupid" (that's me being nice) that don't have a clue about social skills. I have a sticky on my monitor that continually reminds me to not be offended by ANYTHING that come out of their mouths.

"Try not to take things personally, what people often say is a reflection of them and not you"

Tune out that negativity. That one small compliment should far outweigh any unkindness. Smile, you are beautiful and you know it!

CAT
Closed Thread