Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #61  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon IPers. I just wanted to let the Canadian IPers know that if they are looking for the brand name sea salt that IP uses I have found it at Superstore in their Organic Aisle. For the Alternative users, the brand name is Redmond natural sea salt from Salt lake City. I think it only cost about $8.00 instead of paying $4.00 for a little salt shaker full. Also in that aisle is Tamari Sauces.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I just wanted to pop in and say hi! Packing is tiring me out man. I'm nearly done though! I just need my husband to pick a day to move and get a moving truck. The new place is a great block for walks so I think after we're moved in I'll be taking the kids for a walk after dinner. Maybe it will tucker them out and bedtime will go easier!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #63  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good afternoon from Port Hardy

Its grey outside just like my mood..I feel like crap today..yes i cheated yesterday at my daughters first birthday(sigh)..you should never get a new diet program person to frost cupcakes..its bad news all around..i thought i was stronger then that..but after one "taste test"..that was it..i was a goner..i cant believe how much sugar can have ahold of my life..and whats worse..what i had, had gluten in it and im intolerant..so it made me feel bloated and like crap...Needless to say i havent felt hungry all day...

I chocked down some chicken noodle protein packet but thats it.. My walden farms stuff came in..i smelled them and tasted a few.. Im sorry..is it just me or do they have a funny taste and smell??? Cuz all of them smell overly sweet and..do not entice me to want to put it on my salad..the only one that smells like it should be is the thousand islands..which im going to try with big mac in a bowl...but the chipotle ranch and mayo smell odd..and taste a little odd to me...same with the honey bbq sauce...im not sure i want to order any others now...Well..i guess i will give them a decent try on salads and food..But im not into food today..ive only eaten one packet and drank a litre of water..im just not hungry..thats how crappy i feel..I know somehow im going to have to at least get 3 more packs down plus dinner...maybe i should just use the grape drink...although pudding is never hard to get down..its actually easy..cause it tastes so comforting.. ALS0 im starting to think that eating restricteds arent helping my cause..they make me want to eat more carbs! so i think i will put those on hold awhile.

Well..onwards and upwards..

PS.. the sugar free arizona iced tea mix!!!! is awesome!! tastes amazing!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 163/144/135

Height: 5.5 1/2

Had my WI today (first in two weeks) and No loss on the scales. Such a bummer. I did lose 2 inches and some body fat % but I really wanted to move my "new" ticker!! Last week was so difficult with my hubby being in the hospital and I really stuck through it despite all the stress. My coach is telling me that may be why I didn't loose. Too stressed..
But I'm gonna stick to it. She suggested that I have a restricted bar in the am. I usually only have a bite or two of the bar during the day. Guess we'll see.

Last edited by dawnmad; 07-12-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #65  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

The WF honey BBQ isn't very good out of the bottle, but use it to BBQ meat......it is amazing! I think warm it is great but cold is kind of yucky. Try it for BBQ chicken, oh and a great side is chunked up turnips in foil with spices....taste just like potatoes!!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #66  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbi40 View Post
Anyone have any ideas for the chicken soup, i have 4 packages left and I want to use them up, but I have a hard time choking it down all on its own.
Okay sorry it took me a while to find the fun with IP packets. On page one of that there is a chicken soup omlette. I am sure if you look further into it there are more ideas. give them a try. I bumped it to the first page here. Hope that helps.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #67  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmad View Post
Had my WI today (first in two weeks) and No loss on the scales. Such a bummer. I did lose 2 inches and some body fat % but I really wanted to move my "new" ticker!! Last week was so difficult with my hubby being in the hospital and I really stuck through it despite all the stress. My coach is telling me that may be why I didn't loose. Too stressed..
But I'm gonna stick to it. She suggested that I have a restricted bar in the am. I usually only have a bite or two of the bar during the day. Guess we'll see.
I hope everything is okay with your husband.
Don't worry the scales will move. Somtimes they get "stuck" for awhile but they end up moving.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all, I got up early so I could eat my IP breakfast omelet a few hours before I weigh in today. I don't want to get in the habit of starving myself on weigh in day. I did that forever on WW and I don't want to do it again. It is what it is. What do you all do on weigh in day? Do you continue to eat and drink your water before weigh in, or do you curtail it somewhat?
I'd go with not starving yourself - really, if you wait and eat after the weigh-in, it just shows next week. I do admit to not drinking alot of my water before weighing in, but I eat my "regular" meals.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good afternoon IPers. I just wanted to let the Canadian IPers know that if they are looking for the brand name sea salt that IP uses I have found it at Superstore in their Organic Aisle. For the Alternative users, the brand name is Redmond natural sea salt from Salt lake City. I think it only cost about $8.00 instead of paying $4.00 for a little salt shaker full. Also in that aisle is Tamari Sauces.
Great to know - thanks for sharing!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #70  

Height: 5'4"

Does 90% seem like forever to any others? I haven't cheated and don't plan on it but there are a few things (fruit and cheese) that I can't wait to have. When I think about hopefully being done by Christmas it just seems so far away. That may not even happen the way my week has gone. With a 6lb and 4lb loss the first few weeks I thought for sure but I'm really down this week about the ups and downs. I really need to try to stay off the scale next week so I don't struggle with the weight like this. Anyway, some days I wonder if I can get it done by then because it's just around the corner and then the next minute I think it seems like it'll never get here. For those of you that have lost 60 like I want to, did it seem to take forever or fly by? Did you have really off weeks like I'm having?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #71  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Hello everybody, seems like I haven't been here for a while. We were gone for the weekend and busy the last couple of days. But I've kept OP which I'm really happy about. Still no cheat to this day...pat on the back!!!

I had WI #11 this morning and down another 2.8 and 3.5 inches. Total of 40.8 lbs and 63.75 inches. Isn't that crazy! I love IP. I feel good!

Well gonna go catch up on the weekend posts and mondays and todays.
Hope everybody is still doing well and welcome to the newbies.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Hope everyone is having a great day! Today is actually my Birthday, and it's been such a great day already! I woke up to my sweet husband, and my smiling, healthy baby (11 mos old today). I've got great friends who are supportive, and I just couldn't ask for a better Birthday!

Also, NSV...I went shopping for (sale) clothes yesterday. Bought a SIZE 8 pair of shorts and capris!!! I've NEVER worn a size 8!!! And in shopping for a dress for my daughter's upcoming Baptism, I found a pretty dress...in a Petite SMALL!!! Who is this lady? And how the heck is she fitting into these smaller clothes???

I wanted to be at goal and on maintenance by now, and I put alot of pressure on myself. But you know what, I'm going to be OP today and tonight (and this weekend), and I'm going to love it. Because I'm SO close and I'm not giving up now...no way!! So everyone hang in there and stay OP. It works, and you can do it.
Happy birthday! Great day, too - 2 of my 4 kids were born on July 12th!

Congrats on your awesome shopping NSV, and I just love your upbeat attitude. Don't you just love IP?!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #73  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all, I got up early so I could eat my IP breakfast omelet a few hours before I weigh in today. I don't want to get in the habit of starving myself on weigh in day. I did that forever on WW and I don't want to do it again. It is what it is. What do you all do on weigh in day? Do you continue to eat and drink your water before weigh in, or do you curtail it somewhat?
I usually weighed in after I got off from work (3:30), so I would generally eat lunch as normal, but stopped drinking water 3 hours before WI. 32 oz. of water weighs 2 lbs and I didn't want that skewing my WI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanpaige View Post
Okay, not sure if I should be asking this here or somewhere else?!? But here goes, I am wanting to try the baked rhubarb and have looked at a number of stores in my area (both forzen section and fresh) and can't seem to find it. Any suggestions on what stores to try?? Thanks and looking forward to another great day making good choices
Rhubarb is kind of out of season now. It's an spring plant. Talk to the produce manager and see if they are able to get it in, but if they aren't, you're probably SOL. I have never been able to find frozen rhubarb... I didn't get to try the rhubarb until it came into season this spring and was totally bummed that I had to do 90% of my IP walk without it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbi40 View Post
Anyone have any ideas for the chicken soup, i have 4 packages left and I want to use them up, but I have a hard time choking it down all on its own.
I liked to mix it up with less water so it was thicker and use it as a gravy on my mashed cauliflower faux-tatoes. Or using it as a sauce on chicken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Does 90% seem like forever to any others? I haven't cheated and don't plan on it but there are a few things (fruit and cheese) that I can't wait to have. When I think about hopefully being done by Christmas it just seems so far away. That may not even happen the way my week has gone. With a 6lb and 4lb loss the first few weeks I thought for sure but I'm really down this week about the ups and downs. I really need to try to stay off the scale next week so I don't struggle with the weight like this. Anyway, some days I wonder if I can get it done by then because it's just around the corner and then the next minute I think it seems like it'll never get here. For those of you that have lost 60 like I want to, did it seem to take forever or fly by? Did you have really off weeks like I'm having?
Some weeks are long, but when you're looking back on it in the end, it flies by. I'm sure you'll be done by Christmas. I had totally off weeks (up weeks, teeny tiny loss weeks) and I still finished in 8 months. Just take it an hour at a time, a day at a time and then you'll be looking back on it from maintenance like it was all just a blur.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #74  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

wuv2bloved - You look great! I saw your post with the pics yesterday but didn't get to comment. Very inspirational!

darbi40 - Try adding steamed broccoli or aspargus into the soup. Use your salt because it definitely helps with taste!

Day 2 today: At work we had a birthday party for my boss and there was a ton of off limit foods. I just went to my desk and had my packet and veggies. Self control!! I don't know if it's my mindset or what but I feel better already and I've only been on the diet 2 days. Maybe it's because I'm not eating junk or eating until I'm stuffed!

Staying OP!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #75  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I'm in the hotel, back from my team building event. Well... All I have to say is thank goodness for room service. The starter was pasta. The main course was sea bass (don't eat fish because it makes me sick), risotto, and zucchini stuffed with bread and cheese. There was a tiny side of broccoli. Could there have been more carbs? I think not. Since I said I didn't eat fish, they gave me the vegetarian option which was a savory cheesecake. It looked like solidified French onion soup. I ended up eating some broccoli and half a zucchini boat after scraping out the stuffing. I refused dessert and left early to come back to the hotel. I just ordered grilled chicken, steamed asparagus, and sautéed mushrooms. Ahhhhhh. Heaven.

I know people thought I was a pain in the a$$ and I don't care. Someone said "don't you like it?" and I simply said "I have lost 45 lbs on a very strict eating program and I'm not about to blow it by eating this...". My body, my business.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 07-12-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Closed Thread