Old 07-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #46  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Happy Sunday everyone. Made it through Day 6. Going to watch the World Cup Soccer Game this am. I am packing for my trip tomorrow. I have figured out that vegi chili would be the best thing to take on the fishing boat next week.
Going for Day 7 today.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #47  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Well its day 5...and its Zzzzz... i feel so tired today..but not hungry or craving anything..i will take tired over that right now..I think its starting to get easier to stay on plan.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Not sure where the best place to post this is, but am wondering how many of you worry about WHICH packets you eat in a day? I am in my second week. I have just been having 3-4 packets per day without counting carbs, cals, fat etc. I just assumed that, unless I was told otherwise, any packet (all non restricted) would be ok. But, I have read through threads and see people complaining about the carb count in the chocolate drink (my favorite). Does it matter? It is not restricted, it does have fiber. Should I worry about which packets I choose each day? Right now I do omelet, chicken soup, chocolate drink and/or dark chocolate pudding. I have tried totalling my veggies and packets and there is no way I am every under 30 carbs. My veggies alone get me there so I guess I don't know how this is all working...
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

Coliep...

Since I am into week three, I can only tell you what my coach has stressed to me.

She has told me not to count calories, not to worry about my carb intake or anything. She has stressed that I need to follow the Phase 1 sheet. Keeping in mind of course, not to consume more than one of the restricted per day.

I am lucky in that when I do my WI and get my packets, I can pick individually. I do not have to buy a whole box of anything. And if I have more than one of something and try it and don't like it, I can exchange it for something else. For the most part I really like everything.

If you are eating what the Phase 1 sheet says and not consuming more than 3-4 packets a day, you won't be exceeding the carb intake they want youto have during phase 1.

Maybe someone else has more to offer you on this one. But I have not counted anything and until someone tells me something different, I am not going to. I hate adding things up when it comes to food. That being said, I do weigh my proteins that I consume, but that is it.
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5'1"

Default no counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1986 View Post
Coliep...

Since I am into week three, I can only tell you what my coach has stressed to me.

She has told me not to count calories, not to worry about my carb intake or anything. She has stressed that I need to follow the Phase 1 sheet. Keeping in mind of course, not to consume more than one of the restricted per day.

I am lucky in that when I do my WI and get my packets, I can pick individually. I do not have to buy a whole box of anything. And if I have more than one of something and try it and don't like it, I can exchange it for something else. For the most part I really like everything.

If you are eating what the Phase 1 sheet says and not consuming more than 3-4 packets a day, you won't be exceeding the carb intake they want youto have during phase 1.

Maybe someone else has more to offer you on this one. But I have not counted anything and until someone tells me something different, I am not going to. I hate adding things up when it comes to food. That being said, I do weigh my proteins that I consume, but that is it.
Hi,

I agree.I don't count anything, but I do weigh my proteins. I usually end up eating more protein, like a bigger steak, etc. But now that I am into the 7th month, averaging overall since the beginning, a 2+ lb weekly loss, I am being tougher on myself and sticking closer to a strict phase 1. This diet is sooo much easier than anything I have ever tried. Not alot of guess work, just follow the directions, drink the water and watch the lbs melt away, the energy go up. Life throws us so many curve balls, but this diet, in my opinion, is not one of them, it seems to be a staight forward tool, that used as directed does work wonderfully. Good luck and have fun. Carol

Last edited by thumper; 07-18-2011 at 12:21 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Thanks Sunshine! That DOES make me feel better, especially because our stats are so similar. If it's working for you it will work for me =) I have been told no restricted foods for my first 2 weeks and this is SO fine with me that I don't plan on ever having restricted foods. For me, snacking is what derails my weight loss efforts and I am trying to break not fuel the habit so I will skip all the bars and puffs etc. I am content with egg for breakfast and soup for lunch, too. ALl that said, the last 2 days I have been adding in a scoop of my own protein on TOP of my 3-4 regular packets. In my coffee I am longing for a sweet tasty treat (I don't know why . . . this isn't how I normally drink coffee! Anyway...), so I tried a scoop of vanilla and today a scoop of chocolate whey protein. It IS about 100 calories (gasp) and 20 grams of protein, super low carb and 1 gram of sugar so similar to IP but cheaper and allows me to use less than a full scoop and try different flavors. I didn't love it yesterday or today and my weight is up .25lb this morning so I think I need to wean that trial process and just go back to good ol' splenda and cinnamon if I want it. If I weren't giving up everything everywhere else, I think I'd be fine with black coffee!!

Carol - Thanks! I agree that this is easier than most. I have been a calorie counter for years. And years. It worked well for me (with exercise) until the last 6 months where I was holding on to the weight like nobody's business. I was nursing and tired and not able to restrict calories sufficiently enough to progress in weight loss and, even when I did the weight was creeeeping off. Then, a 1 month road trip cross country with 3 kids and BOOM, there were those 6 pounds I worked so hard to get off in the 6 months prior! That solidified my decision to do IP for the last 15 of baby weight and a desire to lose fat (I have lots stored at hips, belly, thighs). I LOVE feeling like it is melting away. I have been on the diet 11 days and already taken off those 6 pounds and feel a little leaner everywhere =)

I am kicking myself for my "overages" on protein and my off program whey protein even though I think both are probably not going to do major damage, I am also complaining that I don't think I am in ketosis so who to blame? meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Committed to being stricter for the rest of today and 100% OP from tomorrow on so i can feel it all melt faster =)
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #52  
Porthardygurl

I think its time to move over to the new 7day challenge thread now..this one should be closed
Old 07-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #53  
Porthardygurl

So whoever is a moderator needs to close this thread and bump people over to the new one..cause this one only lasts a week and then it switches over to the new weekly one...
Old 07-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I don't think moderators close threads unless they are VERY outdated or over 500 posts. If people stop posting to them they just drift into the older pages of posts all by themselves as new ones replace them.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #55  

I'm pretty sure whomever opens the thread can close it as well
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #56  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Thanks Sunshine! That DOES make me feel better, especially because our stats are so similar. If it's working for you it will work for me =) I have been told no restricted foods for my first 2 weeks and this is SO fine with me that I don't plan on ever having restricted foods. For me, snacking is what derails my weight loss efforts and I am trying to break not fuel the habit so I will skip all the bars and puffs etc. I am content with egg for breakfast and soup for lunch, too. ALl that said, the last 2 days I have been adding in a scoop of my own protein on TOP of my 3-4 regular packets. In my coffee I am longing for a sweet tasty treat (I don't know why . . . this isn't how I normally drink coffee! Anyway...), so I tried a scoop of vanilla and today a scoop of chocolate whey protein. It IS about 100 calories (gasp) and 20 grams of protein, super low carb and 1 gram of sugar so similar to IP but cheaper and allows me to use less than a full scoop and try different flavors. I didn't love it yesterday or today and my weight is up .25lb this morning so I think I need to wean that trial process and just go back to good ol' splenda and cinnamon if I want it. If I weren't giving up everything everywhere else, I think I'd be fine with black coffee!!

Carol - Thanks! I agree that this is easier than most. I have been a calorie counter for years. And years. It worked well for me (with exercise) until the last 6 months where I was holding on to the weight like nobody's business. I was nursing and tired and not able to restrict calories sufficiently enough to progress in weight loss and, even when I did the weight was creeeeping off. Then, a 1 month road trip cross country with 3 kids and BOOM, there were those 6 pounds I worked so hard to get off in the 6 months prior! That solidified my decision to do IP for the last 15 of baby weight and a desire to lose fat (I have lots stored at hips, belly, thighs). I LOVE feeling like it is melting away. I have been on the diet 11 days and already taken off those 6 pounds and feel a little leaner everywhere =)

I am kicking myself for my "overages" on protein and my off program whey protein even though I think both are probably not going to do major damage, I am also complaining that I don't think I am in ketosis so who to blame? meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Committed to being stricter for the rest of today and 100% OP from tomorrow on so i can feel it all melt faster =)
You might want to try the WF chocolate or caramel syrup in your coffee, gives it a totally different flavor and taste great!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:46 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

Coliep,
Coffee was a big thing for me because I work nights, so I really missed it. But I still get my one cup in a day (when I really want it) and I use either the cappuccino IP packet or the chocolate drink packet with 1/2 the required water, add ice and a 8 oz cup of coffee in my magic bullet blender... it is awesome. A frappuccino at its best. I am have adjusted over the last few weeks to drinking hot herbal tea in the middle of the night.

I started the one a day restricted packets last week after my second WI. I don't eat one every day, but I have had a couple. Tonight on my break (2AM), which I eat as my lunch, I ate the vegetable chili.... lets just say AWESOME. I loved it and I was really surprised. I have also tried the salt & vinegar ridges and a vanilla crunch bar. What I can tell you about the snack food, for me, the pack was more than enough and I had no desire for anything after the ridges (it almost felt like too much).

I have not had other proteins, or splenda or any of the WF foods. I haven't felt like I needed them up till this point, so I haven't added them. I used balsamic vinegar on my salads before this diet, so to switch to plain white vinegar and oil was okay for me. So I guess until I feel like I really need a change, I going with what it working so far. With the exception of a couple of the puddings, peach/ mango drink and pineapple/banana drink, I like everything so I rotate a lot.

Heres to starting another week of this thread!
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1986 View Post
Coliep,
Coffee was a big thing for me because I work nights, so I really missed it. But I still get my one cup in a day (when I really want it) and I use either the cappuccino IP packet or the chocolate drink packet with 1/2 the required water, add ice and a 8 oz cup of coffee in my magic bullet blender... it is awesome. A frappuccino at its best. I am have adjusted over the last few weeks to drinking hot herbal tea in the middle of the night.

I started the one a day restricted packets last week after my second WI. I don't eat one every day, but I have had a couple. Tonight on my break (2AM), which I eat as my lunch, I ate the vegetable chili.... lets just say AWESOME. I loved it and I was really surprised. I have also tried the salt & vinegar ridges and a vanilla crunch bar. What I can tell you about the snack food, for me, the pack was more than enough and I had no desire for anything after the ridges (it almost felt like too much).

I have not had other proteins, or splenda or any of the WF foods. I haven't felt like I needed them up till this point, so I haven't added them. I used balsamic vinegar on my salads before this diet, so to switch to plain white vinegar and oil was okay for me. So I guess until I feel like I really need a change, I going with what it working so far. With the exception of a couple of the puddings, peach/ mango drink and pineapple/banana drink, I like everything so I rotate a lot.

Heres to starting another week of this thread!
So now we will be July 18 through July 24? Perfect. I'm right on cue for this week at 100% OP. Last week I was interrupted with a wedding. This week will be smooooooth sailing. YAY! RAW! goteam!
petie is offline   Reply With Quote