Old 07-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #3

New recipes here, please.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #2  
I know I can

Thanks for posting the new Sticky Ruthxxx!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Iced caramel macchiatos from Starbucks are one of my biggest weaknesses. I was super worried about how I would even go to the store that carries WF because that is where my favorite Starbucks is located. *I've been going in the back door so I don't even have to walk past it!*

Well, this morning I mixed coffee, WF caramel syrup, and a little bit of a vanilla shake (I use Atkins like I've said before) in a coffee mug and it was incredible hot so I took the remainder of the shake and the caramel syrup and made an iced coffee. I found a match! Love it! Thank the Lord I don't have to think about Starbucks anymore!

So if you like Starbucks like I do, I highly suggest trying it.

Last edited by Watkat; 07-10-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #3  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

How can I possibly have gone almost 60 years and never tasted Rhubarb. This recipe, from dgirl, was my dinner veggie tonight and I am blown away by how good it was! Thank you dgirl... wherever you are.
Rubarb/Strawberry Desert;
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

10 oz.coffee chilled overnight, blend w/1packet chocolate drink add Ice and drink very yummy!

This was one of the last recepies listed on #2 from ninnakjak -- I tried this today and it was indeed very yummy!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 213.2/201/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
How can I possibly have gone almost 60 years and never tasted Rhubarb. This recipe, from dgirl, was my dinner veggie tonight and I am blown away by how good it was! Thank you dgirl... wherever you are.
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Really.. are you serious? we can have rubarb and it's a veggie? Can't wait to try it!.. Thanks for the recipe
Old 07-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #6  

Quote:
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch
Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch
OH MAN! JORDANNA that sounds incredible. I just bought my first packet of the IP Oatmeal too... but alas, all the Rhubarb is at the store. Sigh. Must go Must go buy rhubarb!

Also, I copied the list of veggies off of my IP Phase 1 sheet so you could see it just in case you're at all worried. I know there was a lot of chit chat about whether we could or could not have it on another thread...

"Vegetables Select: Algae, Alfalfa, Asparagus, Arugula, Broccoli, Bean Sprouts, Cauliflower, Cabbage (red, pak choi, bok choy), Celery, Celeriac, Chicory, Collards, Cress, Cucumbers, Dill Pickles, Endive, Fennel, Field Salad, Green Onions, Green Bell Peppers, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions (raw only), Hot Peppers, Radicchio, Radish, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Sorrel, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Turnip, Watercress, Zucchini"

Now my question... what in the world is Sorrel and what does Celeriac look like? Smile... the yet undiscovered!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #8  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
OH MAN! JORDANNA that sounds incredible. I just bought my first packet of the IP Oatmeal too... but alas, all the Rhubarb is at the store. Sigh. Must go Must go buy rhubarb!

Also, I copied the list of veggies off of my IP Phase 1 sheet so you could see it just in case you're at all worried. I know there was a lot of chit chat about whether we could or could not have it on another thread...

"Vegetables Select: Algae, Alfalfa, Asparagus, Arugula, Broccoli, Bean Sprouts, Cauliflower, Cabbage (red, pak choi, bok choy), Celery, Celeriac, Chicory, Collards, Cress, Cucumbers, Dill Pickles, Endive, Fennel, Field Salad, Green Onions, Green Bell Peppers, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions (raw only), Hot Peppers, Radicchio, Radish, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Sorrel, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Turnip, Watercress, Zucchini"

Now my question... what in the world is Sorrel and what does Celeriac look like? Smile... the yet undiscovered!
Sorrel is a leafy herb, to be pureed for soups or sauces... Celeriac or celery root... not bad I make fries out of it. also used as a thickener of sauces (or that is what cheekywit the chef told us) I like trying the veggies I have never had, my new favorite is the Kohlrabi fries that I have... yummy.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Sorrel is a leafy herb, to be pureed for soups or sauces... Celeriac or celery root... not bad I make fries out of it. also used as a thickener of sauces (or that is what cheekywit the chef told us) I like trying the veggies I have never had, my new favorite is the Kohlrabi fries that I have... yummy.
How would you compare the turnip fries to the celeriac fries... and most especially then, the kohlrabi fries? Sweet, sour, bitter, tart, pungent? Also, have you tried to use turnips or some other veggie on our list as a "baked potato" replacement. I pre microwaved turnips the other night for use on kabobs and wondered if I could use them for bakes potatoish veggie serving.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/175

Height: 5' 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
We love celery root - in a recipe posted in the #2 section (I believe) there is a recipe that has you boil it and then run it through a food processor with oilve oil and Mrs Dash - we do this any time we can find it - it is our new version of mashed potatoes - so nummy!

We now have to 'special order' it in our local grocery store - but it is so worth the wait on the days we get it! ;0)
Old 07-12-2011, 02:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/200/170

Height: 5'8

Anybody have a recipe to use the marshmallow creme from walden farms?
Old 07-12-2011, 03:34 AM   #12  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Blueberry Milkshake: In a Bullet Blender, pour one IP Ready to Go Vanilla Shake. Add 1/2 cup crushed ice. Add 2 or 3 tbls of WF Blueberry Syrup and blend. I had this today and it was really, really good.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #13  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
How would you compare the turnip fries to the celeriac fries... and most especially then, the kohlrabi fries? Sweet, sour, bitter, tart, pungent? Also, have you tried to use turnips or some other veggie on our list as a "baked potato" replacement. I pre microwaved turnips the other night for use on kabobs and wondered if I could use them for bakes potatoish veggie serving.
I will try that with the turnips I have left tonight... my favorite is the kohlrabi fries they are most like potatoes, when I read up on them they say they are a cross between potatoe and cabbage. I find they crisp up better than the turnips too... Celeriac just kind of tastes like celery... the ones I had at the time were kind of soft so I think that had a lot to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
We love celery root - in a recipe posted in the #2 section (I believe) there is a recipe that has you boil it and then run it through a food processor with oilve oil and Mrs Dash - we do this any time we can find it - it is our new version of mashed potatoes - so nummy!

We now have to 'special order' it in our local grocery store - but it is so worth the wait on the days we get it! ;0)
I am going to have to try that I haven't yet as I don't see it that often in the store either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrush View Post
Anybody have a recipe to use the marshmallow creme from walden farms?
follow the recipe for pudding cakes and I make cookies out of them, put a little marshmallow between two and top with a little wf chocolate syrup... smores...
Old 07-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #14  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I have a family favorite recipe for a low carb pizza if you like portabellos.
Portabello Pizza..
Heat oven to 400.
Clean and take caps off portabello mushrooms..as many as you want.
Brush with olive oil..or spray with olive oil spray.
Place smooth cap side down in Pam sprayed baking dish.
Put 1/4 cup pasta sauce on each one. I have used Ragu..but for Ideal Protein
I used WF marinara.
Bake for 45 minutes.
For Phase 4 Ideal Protein..sprinkle mozarella cheese on top.. Skip cheese for Phase 1.
Bake 10 more minutes.
Cooking time could be less due to size of mushrooms.

The WF marinara is not very exciting to me. Does anyone have any ideas on a substitute? I have tried WF barbecue ..ok.
Now I am thinking of trying chopped tomatoes.

Does anyone

Last edited by Maile; 07-12-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #15  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I have a family favorite recipe for a low carb pizza if you like portabellos.
Portabello Pizza..
Heat oven to 400.
Clean and take caps off portabello mushrooms..as many as you want.
Brush with olive oil..or spray with olive oil spray.
Place smooth cap side down in Pam sprayed baking dish.
Put 1/4 cup pasta sauce on each one. I have used Ragu..but for Ideal Protein
I used WF marinara.
Bake for 45 minutes.
For Phase 4 Ideal Protein..sprinkle mozarella cheese on top.. Skip cheese for Phase 1.
Bake 10 more minutes.
Cooking time could be less due to size of mushrooms.

The WF marinara is not very exciting to me. Does anyone have any ideas on a substitute? I have tried WF barbecue ..ok.
Now I am thinking of trying chopped tomatoes.

Does anyone
you can buy canned chopped tomatoes with italian spices already in it... puree it a bit or a a tablespoon of tomato paste to thicken it... I use this as my 1 restricted veg for the week.
Closed Thread