Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #271  

Height: 5'5"

Default Sweet & Sour Sauce

1 tbsp WF ketchup + 1 tsp WF raspberry jelly. Blend (w/fork or blender), and put on chicken or pork. Yum! Used this after I slow-cooked some pork loin country ribs, along w/celeriac fries. Felt like I was eating fast food!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 288(WLS)/160/150

Height: 5' 6.25"

Default Crispy Cereal Pancakes

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I tried this recipe and it was really good! I just started my 2nd week and still have some carb cravings...this so helped me and these pancakes are not restricted!!! Thanks so much for this! I really needed it. Give them a try!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #273  
INACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac36 View Post
Chicken and dumplings? Where can I find that recipe?
Me too! I've searched and searched...Please help
Old 01-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #274  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Me too! I've searched and searched...Please help
MAMAW's CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
shared by Taylormade
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3410897-post90.html

Uncooked Chicken (better if its still on the bone)

1 Can chicken broth

1 pack Crepe mix

Sea Salt & Pepper

cook chicken in crock pot with broth, for about 6 hours (if this doesn't work for you, just use pre-cooked chicken, but it won't be as yummy)

Remove chicken and cut into pieces. Pour broth into pot over high heat, and bring to a boil.

Mix Crepe mix into a thick dough. Add salt and pepper to taste, even if you don't like it, you will need quite a bit. Roll into a few small dough balls, and drop into boiling broth. (if they broth isn't boiling they will come apart.) Stir in cooked chicken, and enjoy.

Seriously seriously feels like a cheat. It is sooo delicious.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #275  
INACTIVE

Thank You!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #276  
Ashley

S/C/G: 328.7/325.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Lightbulb Yummy Chili with veggies

We have found a great recipe for supper! It's chili -we use the seasonings that come in a box with separate pouches. We leave the masa out and sub our salt. Instead of beans we roast asparagus then simmer it in with the meat. We've been using deer meet-it's soooo lean. We make a separate pot for the kids-so we can put beans in theirs.

Of course this is one of those 1-2x a week because of the tomato sauce.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #277  

S/C/G: Started IP 1-29-12

Im super new and wondering what everyone is using for salad dressing. I am very nervous to spend $5 a bottle on WF salad dressings when Ive pretty much heard nothing but negative feedback. I do love vinegar but would like to switch it up. Any ideas or alternative products would be a great help!! Are salad spritzers okay? Obviously an OP item but just curious if anyone uses them.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #278  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good luck on being super new. This forum is great for ideas, advice and support. I've spend hours and hours reading everything I can (it would take days to go through everything). I am not super new, but have only just started my third week. In 11 days, I lost 9 pounds. Wish you all the luck.

I agree with most of the comments on the WF Honey Dijon, but I've recently tried the Balsamic Vinaigrette and absolutely love it. I also tried and like the Italian Sun-dried tomato. The only other one I've tried is the Ranch and it's so so. Look those the recipes on this forum for more idea and some other great recipes.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Sauce with many uses...
Soy Sauce (say a cup)
Minced Ginger (at least 1 tbsp)
Minced Garlic (at least 1 tbsp)
Sweeten to taste with Splenda (maybe 5 or so)

Make as much as you want and then use your allowed 1 tbsp per meal...it goes great with steak, tofu, chicken and fish, as well as sauted spinach and other veggies.

With pre-cooked (i.e. leftovers) flank steak I slice it thinly then heat a pan (dry, no oil) on medium...add the steak ('cause I don't like it red) add the sauce and it comes out like beef teriaki...YUM. With the tofu I saute it and then dip pieces into the sauce. I drizzle it over fish and sauted spinach. It's my current love!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:08 AM   #280  

I have tried all the WF dressings and sauces and I do agree that many of them are not the best tasting. However the ones I do like and can buy bottle after bottle without getting sick of them are:

-WF chipotle ranch
-WF Italian sundried tomato (Just bought this one recently and it is delicious!! I use it on my raw salads as well as a stir fry sauce)
-WF Caramel Sauce (I always make my puddings into 'cupcakes' and dip them in it...*fantastic*. Sometimes I have a hard time believing that it really isn't cheating)

To make the cupcakes I beat 2 egg whites and 2oz of water until it is all foamy and then SLOWLY fold in the pudding packet of choice -- lemon (my personal fav), butterscotch, chocolate, vanilla, they all taste great especially dipped in the WF. I add whichever spices and extracts I feel like being creative with, along with 2 tablespoons of granulated splenda (prob about 1 individual splenda packet if you are using the yellow packages). Spray a muffin tray with olive oil cooking spray (a good way to get in some of that oil), and fill them up half way ( I usually get about 5-6 ) fill the empty ones with water so they cook evenly and bake for 20 minutes at 350F.

I cant wait for tomorrow to make another creative batch...honestly so good!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #281  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

I cannot for the life of me get the waffles to turn out!!! they keep rising to high in the waffle maker and then spill all over the sides. This happens no matter how much batter i put in. Any suggestions? I am craving some waffles now!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:34 AM   #282  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

I've had that problem and had to scrape it off my waffle maker but I still ate it. I have been making my waffles into pancakes, much easier and no fail. I don't know why this happens, I think my waffle maker isn't hot enough.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:55 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 208/202/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrush View Post
Anybody have a recipe to use the marshmallow creme from walden farms?
According to my Dr, he used the marshmallow creme with the choc pudding or shake and makes a smoothie kinda..with ice in the blender..he says it makes it creamier..havent tried yet tho
Old 01-31-2012, 06:34 PM   #284  

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyniagara View Post
Blueberry Milkshake: In a Bullet Blender, pour one IP Ready to Go Vanilla Shake. Add 1/2 cup crushed ice. Add 2 or 3 tbls of WF Blueberry Syrup and blend. I had this today and it was really, really good.
Is that WF blueberry syrup considered a fruit? Is it allowed?
Old 01-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #285  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcella View Post
Is that WF blueberry syrup considered a fruit? Is it allowed?
I havent tried it yet but I would guess that it is allowed, because all of the WF products are 0/0/0!!
Closed Thread