Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #121  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
I love it!! Thank you so much for the tip. It arrived Thursday and I can't tell you how much yellow & zucchini squash I've already eaten. I'm growing it in my garden this year so this is perfect.

How are you? Hope the surgery went well.

Lynn
I'm so happy to have a sister spiraler! LOL! It is too great not to share... I can't use it right now with my shoulder but my husband is having a GREAT time with it. He's like a little boy with a new toy! I'm hoping that will last till I get done with - what seems to be a successful surgery. I'm regaining motion but BOY does PT ever cause pain! I know I have to go through it to be swimming and playing golf next spring (funny, I could never play golf before... LOL). I have high hopes so am pushing as hard as I can. Tears have rolled a few times but I don't make any noise, just tears. Sigh. 4 more weeks and I should be on my own and driving again. Hallelujah! Not driving is really tough for me as I can't go to the grocer and buy all these wonderful foods everyone is talking about - at a whim. Soon Soon Soon. Smile.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:09 AM   #122  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello,

It's not really a recipe, it's just that I found it to be so yummy: Kale ships

After washing the kale, I use the 1 tsp of olive oil and coat them as evenly as possible, sprinkle them with sea salt, put them in the oven and bake. Once they become brownish, I take them out and enjoy.

Loved them, I would sure make them again.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #123  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Linden, I haven't tried pickled mushrooms but have added marinated mushrooms to my salads when I can find them. There is a brand at our PA grocery that comes in different marinade flavors. I have to check like a hawk because some contain sugars and some don't. BOY is it ever tricky but they (sugar free) haven't seemed to slow down my loss at all and really add a zip to my salads. ...uhm yes I've been known to just grab a few and eat them instead of the pickles. I think the main advantage of the pickles though is the high sodium level which helps treat potassium slumps... it really works well. I'm not sure if the mushrooms would do that.

Story, many years ago when my dad was still living, a work associate became very ill and was in critical condition. The docs has concluded that he would not last through the next 24 hours and instructed the nurses to give him anything he wanted. They had tried for a week to treat him in every way they could think of to no avail. He told the nurses, "Silly as it sounds I would love a dill pickle." Long story short, in 20 minutes he was sitting up and by that evening he was on his feet. He was in a distressed level of potassium deficiency.

When our son was about 12 years younger, he had an almost fatal accident, which required drug induced coma etc. Two days after he was injured I went into the hospital quite ill... turned out to be cellulitis caused by a brown recluse spider bite. While I was still in the hospital our son was sent home from the critical care hospital he'd been taken to. Three days later my husband called me (still in the hospital) and frantically wanted to know what to do because our David was failing and fast. I instructed DH to get him immediately back to the critical care hospital ER. David was put into ICU where it was pretty quickly ascertained that he was in a dangerously low, fatal within 24 hours, low potassium level. As soon as they began IV potassium he began improving and was home, thankfully, this time within a week... two days after I finally came home. Memories! WOW! I'm sure thankful God only gave me four kids and one husband! LOL!

The moral of the stories, PICKLE PICKLE PICKLE. Smile.
Wow, that is crazy. Who would have thought a pickle could save lives. I am SO glad that everything turned out positive for you and your family.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #124  
3 lbs at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello,

It's not really a recipe, it's just that I found it to be so yummy: Kale ships

After washing the kale, I use the 1 tsp of olive oil and coat them as evenly as possible, sprinkle them with sea salt, put them in the oven and bake. Once they become brownish, I take them out and enjoy.

Loved them, I would sure make them again.
I wonder if marinating this in pickle juice for a few days, let them dry and then bake would taste good. I personally didn't like the kale chips so I ended up throwing out my bunch of kale yesterday.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #125  
3 lbs at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
I saved a whole jar of pickle juice in my frig - for brining a chicken, used part of it and tried to figure out what to do with the rest...so I chopped up some cauliflower, par boiled it for 3 minutes, then put it in the remainder of pickle juice. - Viola - pickled cauliflower! It has become a staple for me - either in a salad or just as a side dish. Just wanted to share. - Pickle juice was from Vlasic Kosher Dills. Have also added chipped jalapenos and minced garlic for a more spicy flavor.
GREAT idea, I am going to do that tonight!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #126  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

bump
Old 08-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'2"

Egg plant "potato Chips"

I take an eggplant and slice it into really think slices.
Soak them in water with salt for about 10 minutes.
Heat up the grill.
Take slices out of the water and brush on EVOO to each slice.
Put on grill and grill until they are crispy.
They are so good they taste like a potato chip.

I want to get more eggplant and try this in the oven and sprinkle a little more salt on them.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 157/140/142

Height: 5.7

So I have been making meals up as I go, and this one turned out great!!!!

Chicken with Garlic Sauce

Ingredients:

3 Chicken Thighs
Olive Oil Spray
1Table spoon Olive Oil
Half large onion
5 medium size mushrooms
1.5 Table Spoons garlic... (tiny pieces that come in containers)
1 Table spoon chicken broth.(chicken bouillon)

Salt
Pepper

Defrost Chicken
So I pre headed the oven to 425
Cover a cooking pan with aluminum foil.
Spray pam onto foil so chicken doesn't stick.
Put Chicken onto foil then season with sea salt and pepper to liking
Put into oven- I let cook about 30 min.

Cut Onions and mushrooms into pieces
Put olive oil into saute pan
put in the garlic let the garlic heat in pan for about 5 minutes
Add Veggies
Saute veggies until cooked.
Add one cup of water and 1 Table spoon of chicken broth.( I think I had less than 1 table spoon)
Stir in and let simmer for about 10 minutes.

I took out chicken and put a spoon of the sauce over the chicken.

IT WAS GREAT!!! And tasted like it should have been cooked with butter.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureskinnygirl View Post
Mango-Sunrise
(Raspberry Flavored Gelatin)

Ingedients:

1 packet of Ideal Protein Raspberry Gelitan
1 packet of Ideal Protein Peach Mango Drink

Preparation:

Mix the Ideal Protein Gelatin and the Peach Mango Drink in a bowl. Refrigerate until solid. Will seperate into 3 "Sunrise" colors. Delicious enough to sereve to guests!

Enjoy!
I made this using the amount of water in the instructions on both packages and it never set up (6 hours later). Was really looking forward to it and ended up wasting 2 packages (I had to throw it out... )

It sure sounded good though. How much water are you supposed to add?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #130  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
I made this using the amount of water in the instructions on both packages and it never set up (6 hours later). Was really looking forward to it and ended up wasting 2 packages (I had to throw it out... )

It sure sounded good though. How much water are you supposed to add?
Okay how did you do it? I followed the directions on the geletin, add to boiling water. Pour into two bowls, then mixed up the peach mango as per directions and poured on top of the geletin slowly so it doesn't foam. put in fridge and usually have the next day but it does take a little longer to set.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:18 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Default ah! thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Okay how did you do it? I followed the directions on the geletin, add to boiling water. Pour into two bowls, then mixed up the peach mango as per directions and poured on top of the geletin slowly so it doesn't foam. put in fridge and usually have the next day but it does take a little longer to set.
Ah... I see my error. I mixed the packages together, and added cold water to both and put in blender. I needed to put BOILING water in the jello, then follow your lead. Doh! No wonder it didnt set.

Will try again!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 250/218/150

Height: 5'6"

I just made a new shake. It may already be on here already.
I took 1/2 of the mango drink and 1/2 of vanilla box shake added ice and more water and little bit of cinnamom and blended it. Its very good.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #133  

This may have been posted somewhere already...or maybe it should go in fun with IP packages...or maybe I just invented it cause I'm awesome like that...

Zucchini Pancakes

Ingredients:

1pk of IP omelet mix (plain or herb)
1 1/2 c zucchini, shredded
1/2 c onion, finely diced
2 egg whites
sea salt & pepper

Directions:
-shred up the zucchini onto a paper towel or clean kitchen cloth & drain out some of the moisture of the zucchini
-once zucchini is dryer, add in the remaining ingredients
-spoon in to skillet on med-hi heat with PAM cooking spray
-cook until crispy on one side and then flip and crisp up the other side
-serve with WF ketchup

Last edited by jordanna; 08-25-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
This may have been posted somewhere already...or maybe it should go in fun with IP packages...or maybe I just invented it cause I'm awesome like that...

....you are awesome like that! Do you have a cooking background?

It should go into the fun with packets section.
Now I'm in a pout because I don't have an omelet packet, I'll need to remember about this next time I go to the clinic.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #135  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post

Zucchini Pancakes

Ingredients:

1pk of IP omelet mix (plain or herb)
1 1/2 c zucchini, shredded
1/2 c onion, finely diced
2 egg whites
sea salt & pepper

Directions:
-shred up the zucchini onto a paper towel or clean kitchen cloth & drain out some of the moisture of the zucchini
-once zucchini is dryer, add in the remaining ingredients
-spoon in to skillet on med-hi heat with PAM cooking spray
-cook until crispy on one side and then flip and crisp up the other side
-serve with WF ketchup
I make this quite often I really like it, I have also tried it with Kohlrabi... yum
Closed Thread