Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #76  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
This is just information a new WF product I just got in the mail. My coach does not sell it nor can you get it in my town.
WF tomato and basil pasta sauce. It is much better than the marinara sauce..definitely stronger italian flavor..sort of like pizza sauce.
I am thinking of putting it over zuccini strips.

I am posting a Taco pizza recipe that I found in the archives from 2Riderrollercoast.
I think I am going to try this recipe as well as try taking the crepe crust and putting the pasta sauce on it with veges for a pizza taste.

Taco Pizza from 2Riderrollercoast

Crust - mix one IP Crepe packet with 1/4 tsp baking soda and add water to a thick dough. Bake for 10 mins at 350F. Flip over and cover with WF thick and spicy BBQ sauce. Then add filling

Filling
brown hamburger(chicken or turkey works good too)
add 1/4 cup of celery chopped and 1/4 cup onions to browned meat
add 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chipotle spice, 1 tsp onion powder, sea salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4 cup water and simmer until water is gone.

Put filling on top of dough, add sliced mushrooms, chopped cilantro, diced red peppers.

Put in oven for 10 minutes at 350f then put under broiler approx 5 min.

Serve with Tomatillo salsa, recipe to follow.
I just made (heated) mine this week and topped my zucchini (spiraled) spaghetti with it. Spicy and a tad (tiny tad) sweet. OH MY! I really liked it! I began Phase 3 on Monday. ... a whole new world well at least my breakfast world. I'll bet there are those out there who would love this on their omelet! ...ala Spanish or Italian Omelet with spinach and feta. Ok. I know what I'm doing on Saturday for Phase 3 breakfast. LOL! For P1 & P2 just top your omelet filled with spinach with the sauce. YUMMY!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Hi MK, sorry haven't looked on here for a while. I peel the kohlrabi with a paring knife. The root end is tough to slice off, I basically just peel all the little bumpy things off and then slice the top and bottom off and then slice up like french fries. I mix them the same way as turnip chips... usually put in a bbq spice and evoo to coat all the chips nicely, then lay out on a cookie sheet, bake for about 30 minutes oven set to 400, I also turn the chips half way through. I just watch the chips until a nice crisp... good with a mayo/faux caesar dip... Hope that helps.
I'll definitely have to try this! Did you do the same thing for the kohlrabi fries? Seasoning, Oven Temp & Timing??? Thanks so much for your help.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknakjack View Post
can anyone tell me how to cook the rhubarb? I have never has it sounds like you all are liking this one so I'll try it but not sure how to cook the rhubarb.
So GOOD! Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2 thread Page 14 submitted by dgirl. It is similar is flavor type to tangy applesauce. SURPRISE & Wonderful!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #79  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
I'll definitely have to try this! Did you do the same thing for the kohlrabi fries? Seasoning, Oven Temp & Timing??? Thanks so much for your help.
every thing the same and I use my bbq spice, so they are nice and spicy when they come out. and for a dipping sauce I make my cilantro pesto... I LOVE cilantro. glad it is a herb...

Quote:
This is just information a new WF product I just got in the mail. My coach does not sell it nor can you get it in my town.
WF tomato and basil pasta sauce. It is much better than the marinara sauce..definitely stronger italian flavor..sort of like pizza sauce.
I am thinking of putting it over zuccini strips.

I am posting a Taco pizza recipe that I found in the archives from 2Riderrollercoast.
I think I am going to try this recipe as well as try taking the crepe crust and putting the pasta sauce on it with veges for a pizza taste.

Taco Pizza from 2Riderrollercoast

Crust - mix one IP Crepe packet with 1/4 tsp baking soda and add water to a thick dough. Bake for 10 mins at 350F. Flip over and cover with WF thick and spicy BBQ sauce. Then add filling

Filling
brown hamburger(chicken or turkey works good too)
add 1/4 cup of celery chopped and 1/4 cup onions to browned meat
add 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chipotle spice, 1 tsp onion powder, sea salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4 cup water and simmer until water is gone.

Put filling on top of dough, add sliced mushrooms, chopped cilantro, diced red peppers.

Put in oven for 10 minutes at 350f then put under broiler approx 5 min.

Serve with Tomatillo salsa, recipe to follow.
Glad that someone else missed pizza as much as I did.... Hope you liked it.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:01 AM   #80  
IP start: July 3 2011

S/C/G: 133/120/110-115

Height: 5'2

Not to sure if its been posted already, but I figured id share anyways.. its a delish caesar dressing that my ip coach gave me... First ill give you hers and then ill give you mine that I thought was super tasty.

Caeser Dressing
1/3 cup EVOO
1/4 tsp dry mustard powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp worchestire sauce
1 1/2 tbsp WF mayo.

I thought that it was a tad salty, and probably didnt need that much EVOO. so my dressing goes like this:

1/4 cup EVOO
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/4 pepper
1/4 sea salt
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 tsp worchestire sauce
1 1/2 tbsp WF mayo
3-4 caps of Apple cider vinegar
splashes of Franks Red Hot sauce

Mix together.. and makes a yummy dressing.. way prefer over the WF dressings.. everyone likes it in my household.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #81  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
every thing the same and I use my bbq spice, so they are nice and spicy when they come out. and for a dipping sauce I make my cilantro pesto... I LOVE cilantro. glad it is a herb...

Glad that someone else missed pizza as much as I did.... Hope you liked it.
Hi, Yes I miss pizza also...

However, I am a cilantro lover. Is your cilantro paste recipe in the archives?
Thanks.s
Old 07-30-2011, 01:11 AM   #82  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Hi, Yes I miss pizza also...

However, I am a cilantro lover. Is your cilantro paste recipe in the archives?
Thanks.s
yes it is there somewhere, I think about page 31 of recipe 3... if you can't find it let me know...
basically I chop up 3 bunches of cilantro, throw it in a blender, add about 4 cloves of garlic. add a splash of worchestershire sauce, and about 3 tblsp lime juice, and olive oil and sea salt... I make it different quite often, I put dried chilies in it or hot sauce and sometimes jalepeno peppers. I like to have it on hand I use it for my steak and also for my taco salads, or even on my pizza. Hope that helps.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #83  
Maile

2riderrollercoast:
Thanks very much. I found it. It sounds wonderful.. might be good also with chicken or fish. Also healthy with all of that cilantro.

Last edited by Maile; 07-30-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Ip Oatmeal Pancake

1 packet IP Oatmeal, mixed w/2.5 oz. lukewarm water and cinnamon

Heat a skillet add some pam cook like a pancake
serve w/WF maple syrup

this is delicious, better that the oatmeal itself!
This is worth giving up on of my favorite restricted' s to have this at least once a week.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #85  
Maile

Quote:
I just made (heated) mine this week and topped my zucchini (spiraled) spaghetti with it. Spicy and a tad (tiny tad) sweet. OH MY! I really liked it! I began Phase 3 on Monday. ... a whole new world well at least my breakfast world. I'll bet there are those out there who would love this on their omelet! ...ala Spanish or Italian Omelet with spinach and feta. Ok. I know what I'm doing on Saturday for Phase 3 breakfast. LOL! For P1 & P2 just top your omelet filled with spinach with the sauce. YUMMY!
This sauce was good on zuccini! How do you make spiraled zucinni?
Old 07-31-2011, 11:36 AM   #86  

Quote:
This sauce was good on zuccini! How do you make spiraled zucinni?
I got my spiraler from Amazon about a year ago. The price is actually lower now. It is fun to use and pretty amazing results...

http://www.amazon.com/Joyce-Chen-51-...1620918&sr=8-2

My husband loves the pasta-ish that I make with it. I enjoy it both with the zucchini raw or warmed after I've spiraled it. Smile. Hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:36 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Dissovle 1 -2 tsp instant Juan Valdez vanilla coffee in a couple oz. of boiling H2O, let cool a few. Dilute up with cold H2O to 8 oz. Put in blender with 1 oz of Sugar-Free Torani Chocolate Macadamia nut syrup, One packet IP chocolate drink mix and 6 ice cubes. HEAVEN!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #88  
Maile

Quote:
I got my spiraler from Amazon about a year ago. The price is actually lower now. It is fun to use and pretty amazing results...

My husband loves the pasta-ish that I make with it. I enjoy it both with the zucchini raw or warmed after I've spiraled it. Smile. Hope this helps.
Thanks..If we are going to eat vegetables they might as well be elegant. I ordered it.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #89  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Default Spiral Slicer

Quote:

So cool!! I just ordered one too.

Last edited by woolberger; 08-01-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheekers View Post
Have you tried it? I'm always afraid to buy stuff because I've thrown away so much WF stuff that was nasty.

This ketchup tastes like the real thing, nothing like wf ketchup. So yummy.
Closed Thread