Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #3

You're on Page 4 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: Any recipies for homemade ketchup? I tried one from another site last night and it wasn't even close.
    Ketchup recipe:

6 oz tomato paste
    1/2 c water
    1/4 c apple cider vinegar
    5 tsp Splenda
    1/4 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp allspice
    1/8 tsp ground cloves
    1/8 tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients in saucepan, simmer over low heat until well blended.

Serve in an airtight container in fridge for up to 3... months. (at least I assume it will last that long because of the vinegar)

FYI: this is for 25 servings of 1 TBSP

There is 1.7g of carbs per serving which come from the tomato paste - which the only ingredient is tomatoes which is an allowable occasional vegetable...so just use in moderation!
  • Thank You Jordanna! I', not a big fan of WF. This sounds good and easy!
  • mock mash...

IP Chicken soup
    2 cups cauliflower
    pepper
    real salt
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    Mrs. Dash ( flavor of choice)
    spray butter (i can't believe it's not butter)

Make IP soup
    Put cauliflower in the food processor
    then add soup and seasonings and food process
    warm in microwave if needed and flavor with spray butter and pepper and salt.
    So good! It's like eating mashed potaters!
  • Now this sounds so good. Is the cauliflower raw or is it cooked?
  • OMELET PREP - Has anyone cooked the omelet in the microwave? I brought the Herb Omelet to work today not realizing that the instructions say cook on stovetop.
  • I'm looking for the cereal pancake recipe???
  • Quote: I'm looking for the cereal pancake recipe???
    I have the recipe up on my blog (see link below) if u can't find it

non-restricted pancakes
  • Quote: OMELET PREP - Has anyone cooked the omelet in the microwave? I brought the Herb Omelet to work today not realizing that the instructions say cook on stovetop.
    Yep, as a frittata I did. I have one of those microwave omelet makers, though (you know, the kind with the two halves, and when you fold them together you get an omelet). Just put my cooked veggies in, and the omelet goo, and popped it in for about a minute...
  • Quote: Now this sounds so good. Is the cauliflower raw or is it cooked?
    Cooked. And I agree, this looks great! I have done the cauliflower sub for mashed "potatoes," but adding the soup is brilliant...
  • Quote: Maile, did you have measurements for this awesome-sounding Thai peanut sauce (which would be delish on that nam sod) or was it one of those make-as-you-go-till-it-tastes-right things?
    Sorry it took so long..I have been traveling.
    Here is one PB sauce. You can go to the Recipe 1, 2 archives..Click search thread and look.
    I make mine with 1 tsp rice vinegar, 2 Tbl pb, 1 tsp sesami oil, and 1 tsp of splenda...sometimes I add the soy sauce.
    I basically do it to taste..and just microwave it..then use it for a dip..

Serves 2

Ingredients for Stir Fry:
    14oz chicken
    2 cups Bean sprouts
    2 cups mushrooms
    2 green onions, chopped
    2 tsp EVOO
    Sea salt
    Garlic powder
    Roasted sesame seeds

Sauce:
    2 tbsp WF Peanut butter
    1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
    1 tsp sesame oil

Cut fat from chicken, and slice chicken into bite sized pieces. Cook in stir fry pan with EVOO. As the chicken is cooking, mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. After you flip the chicken over, add mushrooms. When they're cooked to desired texture, stir in bean sprouts, green onions, and garlic powder. Cook an additional couple of minutes, until bean sprouts are soft and somewhat clear. Remove pan from heat.

Drain about half of the liquid. Stir in salt, sauce mixture, and sesame seeds. Then serve! The sauce is pretty soupy, and I end up pouring the rest over the food.
  • Tzatziki Sauce
    I like Greek Food and often sprinkle Greek seasoning on fish and chicken.
    I was trying to jazz up the WF mayonaise and try the Garden Mayo recipe.
    Well, I lacked ingredients and ended up making what tastes like Greek Tzatzki.

1/3 c WF mayo
    1/2 c diced cucumbers
    1/4 c green onions
    1 Tbl lemon juice
    1 large clove garlic pressed
    sprinkle with Dill to taste

Mix and chill thoroughly. I am thinking of adding mint!
  • Quote: Thank You Jordanna! I', not a big fan of WF. This sounds good and easy!
    Hey Celticgirl - re: that ketchup recipe. I was just looking back on my blog and I left myself a note saying that the recipe is too vinegary so go easy on the vinegar and taste as you go, maybe add some water in place of some of the vinegar
  • Quote: Sorrel is a leafy herb, to be pureed for soups or sauces... Celeriac or celery root... not bad I make fries out of it. also used as a thickener of sauces (or that is what cheekywit the chef told us) I like trying the veggies I have never had, my new favorite is the Kohlrabi fries that I have... yummy.

I tried making the kohlrabi fries and don't think I prepared them well. Would mind describing how you peel/don't peel, season, oven temp and timing for me please? Smile. I like the flavor a lot but was a bit troubled by the not quite doneness (I guess that's not really a word) Smile.
  • Quote: How can I possibly have gone almost 60 years and never tasted Rhubarb. This recipe, from dgirl, was my dinner veggie tonight and I am blown away by how good it was! Thank you dgirl... wherever you are.
    Rubarb/Strawberry Desert;
    2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
    Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies.
    can anyone tell me how to cook the rhubarb? I have never has it sounds like you all are liking this one so I'll try it but not sure how to cook the rhubarb.
  • Quote: I'm looking for the cereal pancake recipe???
    I'm making that for my snack tonight.
    1 packet Crispy Cereal crunched up. i use a rolling pin right over the package
    2 egg whites
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp nutmeg

mix together cook like a pancake
    eat w/wf maple syrup or other wf products

I'll let you know how it went once I try it!