Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #286  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default BBQ (Italian) Shrimp

Made this today and it turned out really good. I adapted it from a low fat version I found a couple of years ago.

1 tlb olive oil
2 tlb WF Italian Dressing
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp hot sauce
2 tlb worcestershire sauce
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp dried oregano, dried thyme, pepper and sea salt
7 oz headless shrimp or tail on
2 tlb water + 1 tsp vinegar

In a pan combine oil, dressing, garlic, hot sauce, worchestershire sauce, bay leaves and spices over medium heat. Let the sauce boil for 1 min then add shrimp and cook 3-4 min. Add water mixture and cook another 3-4 minutes. Cooking time really depends on the size of your shrimp. Enjoy!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:16 PM   #287  

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

I just checked out some of the Walden Farms syrups and holy crap they are high in sodium? Is this ok?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #288  
INACTIVE

Default Mac and Cheese!!

I am happy to share that I've figured out mac & cheese! It doesn't make a lot, it is restricted and it is time consuming, but it's MAC and CHEESE! Ok, here we go:

1 packet plain crepe mix
1 cup WF alfredo sauce
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1-2 tsp Land O' Lakes sharp cheddar seasoning (this will add about 20 calories)
1/4 tsp sea salt for crepe mix
about 1/2 oz water
pepper to taste
pot of boiling water
preheated oven @ 400 degrees
small baking dish (I used 4 inch springform pan)

Pour crepe mix into a bowl, add salt and mix. Add the water to form a thick dough. Take tiny pinches of dough and roll into a small pea. Then, roll into an elongated shape by moving your hands like you are warming them up. Dough should make about 50 of these pieces. Put into boiling water and shut off the heat. Let pieces cure in water for about 2 minutes--they will be floating on the top, it helps to stir them a little. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Mix WF alfredo sauce and seasonings in a small bowl. Add the "pasta" and mix together gently. Use a rubber spatula to transfer to baking dish and bake at 400 for about 10 minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maccheese1-copy.jpg (72.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg maccheese2-copy.jpg (65.9 KB, 57 views)
Old 02-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

Does anyone know where to find the Roasted Cauliflower with garlic and olive oil? Thanks!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #290  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
Does anyone know where to find the Roasted Cauliflower with garlic and olive oil? Thanks!
I have this one......

Almost Deep Fat Fried Cauliflower-(Phases 1-4)

1 head of fresh cauliflower
1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
1-2 teaspoons chili powder
sea salt
fresh black pepper to taste

Wash and break apart cauliflower. In a container you can put a lid on, put cauliflower in drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper.
Add lid and shake it until cauliflower is coated. Put in metal 9x13 pan, cover with aluminum foil, bake at 350 for 20 minutes, take out remove foil, put back in oven for another 10-15 minutes. When it comes out, it is almost crunchy like deep fat fried cauliflower. If you dip it in the Walden Farms ranch dip it's even closer
Old 02-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #291  

Thats it! Thanks wuv! My son wanted to try this, he is doing weight watcher.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #292  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
I cannot for the life of me get the waffles to turn out!!! they keep rising to high in the waffle maker and then spill all over the sides. This happens no matter how much batter i put in. Any suggestions? I am craving some waffles now!!!
I have the same thing happen to me. The last time I tried less water and put less in the waffle maker and it turned out better but still dripped down the side of the waffle maker a bit.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #293  

"Bread" out of the vanilla pudding.

I made this today for lunch and it was incredible. I love sandwiches and was really missing the act of eating one.

1 egg white
1 packet vanilla pudding
drizzle of olive oil (probably less than half a teaspoon)
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt
pepper
italian seasoning
garlic powder
dried onions

Mix together then add enough water to make a dough. Spray a pie plate with pam and spread your dough into about a 5 inch diameter circle. Bake on 350 turning every 5-10 minutes until brown and crispy. I cut mine in half and put about 1.5 oz turkey and some mustard and lettuce and ate it like a sandwich. Was almost life changing!

*thinking you could also make this a dessert by adding cinnamon, stevia and maybe some nutmeg??
Old 02-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #294  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotwo View Post
"Bread" out of the vanilla pudding.

I made this today for lunch and it was incredible. I love sandwiches and was really missing the act of eating one.

1 egg white
1 packet vanilla pudding
drizzle of olive oil (probably less than half a teaspoon)
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt
pepper
italian seasoning
garlic powder
dried onions

Mix together then add enough water to make a dough. Spray a pie plate with pam and spread your dough into about a 5 inch diameter circle. Bake on 350 turning every 5-10 minutes until brown and crispy. I cut mine in half and put about 1.5 oz turkey and some mustard and lettuce and ate it like a sandwich. Was almost life changing!

*thinking you could also make this a dessert by adding cinnamon, stevia and maybe some nutmeg??
I almost tried with the Van Pud today but didn't feel energetic enough for creativity. Now, tomorrow is looking way better. Thanks for your creative genious MAMA.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #295  

Default ProtiDiet Blueberry Waffle

A SUPERB WAFFLE!

1 egg
1 TBSP Davinci Syrup (I used French Vanilla)
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 ProtiDiet Blueberry Pancake packet

Whisk together. Allow to sit while waffle iron is warming up. Pour into hot waffle iron (sprayed with nonstick Pam spray). Serve with a drizzle WF syrup. YUM YUM YUM!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Waffle.jpg (8.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 02-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #296  

Chocolate Mug Cake...Instant Joy!

1 pkg Chocolate Drink ( replace with other drinks try with vanilla drink)
1 egg white
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon splenda (or sweeten with other sweetener to taste )
Splash of vanilla

Put the drink mix in a big mug
Add enough water to bring it to a slightly watery pudding consistency, just enough to be able to mix easily
Add other ingredients (egg white, baking powder, olive oil, splenda, vanilla )
Mix it like crazy with a big fork till it's silky smooth
Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes ON TOP OF A BIG PLATE
Watch as it expands like crazy
Let cool
Eat... and enjoy
Old 02-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #297  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

WF recipes found here: http://www.accuweight.com/walden_farms.htm
Old 02-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I have found that I did not like the consistency or flavor of most of the puddings, but if I add the premade vanilla shake and extra water to dilute it to a drink, they are pretty good. Just save half of it for the next time. Gave me more variety that way. It also worked well with the drinks that had an aftertaste I didn't like, like the peach/mango or the blueberry.

For dinner, I have made a huge salad every night for the past year, with my 5 oz of protein and 2 cups of vegees stir fried in the 2 tsp olive oil on a big bed of (cheap) head lettuce and romaine. For a dressing, I use mostly the Walden Farms stuff. The salad dressings are better if you add a splash of great apple cider vinegar to it to brighten the flavor. I also take the apricot spread, microwave it to loosen it up, add a splash of low sodium tamari sauce and apple cider vinegar and it makes a great sweet/sour dressing that goes well with savory anything. Same idea with the orange spread. I will continue this salad thing for the rest of my life.

For lunch, I've mostly made the chicken or mushroom or brocoli soups. I boil my 2 cups of vegees with whatever spices I like, then add the dissolved soup packet (with more water than they call for) and blend it with an immersion blender, as I like it smooth. I add more water than the packet says and you end up with a big bowl of soup that is pretty darn good and great for a cold day.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Default Pulled Pork

‎2 tbsp of chili powder,
2 tbsp minced garlic,
1/2 cup of minced onion,
1 tbsp prepared mustard,
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar,
1/3 cup of brown 'sugar' splenda (100% splenda not mixed with splenda and sugar),
1/2 tsp of maple extract,
1/2 tsp liquid smoke,
1 can of crushed tomatoes

mix all in a bowl and poured it over the roast, cook on high for 5 hours in the slow cooker

YUM!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #300  

Talking Pj

PHP Code:
[CODE]:dizzy:[/CODE
Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
OH MAN! JORDANNA that sounds incredible. I just bought my first packet of the IP Oatmeal too... but alas, all the Rhubarb is at the store. Sigh. Must go Must go buy rhubarb!

Also, I copied the list of veggies off of my IP Phase 1 sheet so you could see it just in case you're at all worried. I know there was a lot of chit chat about whether we could or could not have it on another thread...

"Vegetables Select: Algae, Alfalfa, Asparagus, Arugula, Broccoli, Bean Sprouts, Cauliflower, Cabbage (red, pak choi, bok choy), Celery, Celeriac, Chicory, Collards, Cress, Cucumbers, Dill Pickles, Endive, Fennel, Field Salad, Green Onions, Green Bell Peppers, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions (raw only), Hot Peppers, Radicchio, Radish, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Sorrel, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Turnip, Watercress, Zucchini"

Now my question... what in the world is Sorrel and what does Celeriac look like? Smile... the yet undiscovered!
Closed Thread