Old 07-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Default Now what?

Ok, so yesterday I ate off plan and alot of carbs and calories. Today I feel very in control but:

I am onlly having 4 shakes, nothing else (making up for my poor choices ysterday) AND
I am wondering if I insert a few days of Atkins, where I can eat some more satisfying foods, would I still make good progress?

I dont seem to be able to stay on plan for more than about 10 days, I get real crazy with cravings and need to eat or think I do, and it's such a setback.

Anyone else like that? Solutions, ideas? Thoughts?

Maybe it will just take me longer OH also, how do I get a ticker up? I kinda like that, it's very visual motivation.

Thanks!!
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I am not sure about the Atkins question, but I DO know that they wont let you use the ticker (signature) option until you have been a member of the site for at least 20 days and posted at least 20 times.

Are you replacing your one meal of protein with a shake today too? Or are you doing four packets and a meal?
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #3  
Freedom from Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
I am not sure about the Atkins question, but I DO know that they wont let you use the ticker (signature) option until you have been a member of the site for at least 20 days and posted at least 20 times.

Are you replacing your one meal of protein with a shake today too? Or are you doing four packets and a meal?
I tried to tell myself to stick to the plan, get back on track the right way, but I found myself feeling like if I just drank 4 premixed shakes the calorie and carb count would be so low I might jump start myself back sooner. I also thought it would make up for the extra calories from last night, and wouldn't it a bit? Wht you wrote about the 3500 calories stuck in my head.

I ran too...but only for 40 min as I had to get off to work and didn't have more time.

Am I being too punishing with the food?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #4  

I don't think you're being too strict with food. In fact, I usually only have 3 shakes-breakfst , lunch & snack. You are at a relatively low weight. Why are you having 4?

Do;t beat yourself up over it. It's a new day and you limted the damage by getting back OP. Good luck. I can't answer the Atking question cuz I haven't done it, but my guess is you wouldn't lose as much if you're not following IP.. I know-very helpful, huh? Good luck.
BigHorn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #5  

Personally I think you might be over-thinking it. If I were you (and I have been there, the day after a cheat, trust me), I would just try and forgive myself and trust the program to get you back on track. You don't wanna make yourself sick eating too little or send your body panicking into starvation mode.
I think what you should maybe look at is why you only make it 10 days or so before things o downhill. Are you getting bored? Have you been trying lots of new things?
I found that I would panic and start craving everything in site if I tried to look too far ahead. I have only made it 5 weeks with very little cheating by taking it one day at a time. When I have a craving I don't think about the weeks or months it will be before I can have that food, I just tell myself I can make it through today without it.
"I will not cheat today" has gotten me through 5 weeks of todays.

Last edited by Princess Jessica; 07-07-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #6  

Princess Jessica, we are almost twins as far as height and weight are concerned. I'm 5'5". I started at 193 and weigh 169.5. there is no way I could ever see myself at 140. That's what I weighed in High school. But who know. Right now, my goal is to get into the 150's. Wow. Even saying that outloud is unbelievable. It's been forever.
BigHorn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #7  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn92 View Post
Princess Jessica, we are almost twins as far as height and weight are concerned. I'm 5'5". I started at 193 and weigh 169.5. there is no way I could ever see myself at 140. That's what I weighed in High school. But who know. Right now, my goal is to get into the 150's. Wow. Even saying that outloud is unbelievable. It's been forever.
Congratulations on your weight loss!!!
We have a couple other people on this site right now too who are just about the same height and weight as us, and about as far along. We can have a size-twins support team.
I may have to rethink my goal as I get closer. 140 is just a number my coach suggested as a good weight for my height. I am going to re-evaluate when I feel good about how I look and feel.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #8  
Freedom from Food

Smile

Quote:
Personally I think you might be over-thinking it. If I were you (and I have been there, the day after a cheat, trust me), I would just try and forgive myself and trust the program to get you back on track. You don't wanna make yourself sick eating too little or send your body panicking into starvation mode.
I think what you should maybe look at is why you only make it 10 days or so before things o downhill. Are you getting bored? Have you been trying lots of new things?
I found that I would panic and start craving everything in site if I tried to look too far ahead. I have only made it 5 weeks with very little cheating by taking it one day at a time. When I have a craving I don't think about the weeks or months it will be before I can have that food, I just tell myself I can make it through today without it.
"I will not cheat today" has gotten me through 5 weeks of todays.
THAT IS GREAT! The one day at a time thing; yes, how could I forget that? I think it is because I have been doing alot of baking for parties...I am quite the baker if I can quote my friends! I've been feeling "sorry" for myself I am not allowing myself to eat my own goodies. Silly, I know. I think I will take a break from baking!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
THAT IS GREAT! The one day at a time thing; yes, how could I forget that? I think it is because I have been doing alot of baking for parties...I am quite the baker if I can quote my friends! I've been feeling "sorry" for myself I am not allowing myself to eat my own goodies. Silly, I know. I think I will take a break from baking!
I feel your pain, I love baking. I miss my baked goodies I used to make my family all the time more than almost anything else.... but my family misses them more.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
You know what? That saying I thought up to try and help you has now inspired me. I am stealing that from myself and making it my signature.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Congratulations on your weight loss!!!
We have a couple other people on this site right now too who are just about the same height and weight as us, and about as far along. We can have a size-twins support team.
I may have to rethink my goal as I get closer. 140 is just a number my coach suggested as a good weight for my height. I am going to re-evaluate when I feel good about how I look and feel.
I am a lil bit shorter than you but want to get to 145 also. I was pretty ok with how I looked at 170ish. (Not exactly sure the weight because the scale I had wasn't correct but I do have the measurements and will compare to now to find out exactly what I was then.) Anyway, my goal is 145 because it's the "healthy" range on the bmi. It's the very tippy top of the range so I've been considering lowering it but I haven't been that weight since probably 5th grade or so, maybe even earlier, so I want to just get there and reevaluate. You girls are way closer to goal than I am but I'd love to be part of your support team.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #12  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I am a lil bit shorter than you but want to get to 145 also. I was pretty ok with how I looked at 170ish. (Not exactly sure the weight because the scale I had wasn't correct but I do have the measurements and will compare to now to find out exactly what I was then.) Anyway, my goal is 145 because it's the "healthy" range on the bmi. It's the very tippy top of the range so I've been considering lowering it but I haven't been that weight since probably 5th grade or so, maybe even earlier, so I want to just get there and reevaluate. You girls are way closer to goal than I am but I'd love to be part of your support team.
to our really unofficial support team! lol I love making new friends on this site. Message me if you ever need anything, or want to rant, or brag, or if you find a good recipe I should try, etc.

Last edited by Princess Jessica; 07-08-2011 at 02:26 PM.