Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #61  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
Has anyone had trouble uploading their profile pic? I've tried everything.
Hey Whirlybird, when you click on your name your picture is on your profile. I created a thread for Louisiana and Mississippi IP users. There are several of us there some actually go to the same clinics, just wanted to invite you to join in and make some friends close by.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

what worked for me to make it through the long haul was my coaches told me that cheating would set me back and fill my glycogen tank back up, so then it would take a few days to empty the tank so to speak and in the mean time I will have wasted 3 or 4 days worth of food and MONEY that was a huge motivator for me and the fact that the weight was melting off me, that's how my husband would put it was a good motivator as well. Stick with it, it will get easier like a routine.
The best advice I can give it BE PREPARED, prepping veggies take a lot of time...do a bunch ahead then they'll be ready when you are. Also I prepare my shakes ahead, for about 3 days or so. I mix them w/ immersion mixer and store in fridge in mason jars and blender bottles...pack in cooler w/ice and take to work w/me.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Uh, oh. No Splenda? I thought splenda and stevia were ok so I have actually increased my use of sweeteners to get through - I have put it in decaf tea and had about a gallon of that (frozen, regular) on top of all my water and I have also had the RC 0-0-0 soda. While I am not thrilled to have an increased reliance on artificial sweeteners, I thought it was on protocol. If it is not, and I am going to interfere with my progress I am worried. I would HATE to go through all this for nothing and undo it or slow it down without knowing it!

The money I have invested and the initial adjustment to the low calories etc. have kept me on track so far (today was day 4). I made it through a barbecue and blues festival, a fair (and fair food!), and avoiding some of my favorite homemade foods that were the most tempting becuase they were healthy . . . just not on the diet.

I am struggling with not exercising. I get the WHY, but I typically exercise and so this feels odd. I don't want to end up a mush ball or have setbacks in my endurance and level of physical fitness. Anybody have thoughts on this?

Again, more thougths on the sweeteners and using more than the recommended salt (not tons but a bit)??
Old 07-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 213.2/201/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emh View Post
Wow Jan...you are doing great!!!! This program really works if you follow protocol. Keep her going girl.
Elizabeth, Thanks for the kudo's! Jan
Old 07-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Uh, oh. No Splenda? I thought splenda and stevia were ok so I have actually increased my use of sweeteners to get through - I have put it in decaf tea and had about a gallon of that (frozen, regular) on top of all my water and I have also had the RC 0-0-0 soda. While I am not thrilled to have an increased reliance on artificial sweeteners, I thought it was on protocol. If it is not, and I am going to interfere with my progress I am worried. I would HATE to go through all this for nothing and undo it or slow it down without knowing it!

The money I have invested and the initial adjustment to the low calories etc. have kept me on track so far (today was day 4). I made it through a barbecue and blues festival, a fair (and fair food!), and avoiding some of my favorite homemade foods that were the most tempting becuase they were healthy . . . just not on the diet.

I am struggling with not exercising. I get the WHY, but I typically exercise and so this feels odd. I don't want to end up a mush ball or have setbacks in my endurance and level of physical fitness. Anybody have thoughts on this?

Again, more thougths on the sweeteners and using more than the recommended salt (not tons but a bit)??
Way to go!!! Making it through a festival and fair is awesome. I thought Splenda was ok, and I too use RC Diet drinks occasionally as a treat why others are drinking. I just completed week 2, and I have continued to casual bike around my neighborhood and walks.. can't wait to hit the gym Keep up the good work. Jan
Old 07-10-2011, 11:49 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
Congrats on the weight loss!!!
20 days as a member and 20 posts.
Thanks for the support and thank you for the information. Jan
Old 07-10-2011, 11:50 PM   #67  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

wuv2bloved Thanks for the tip, we shall see if it works. By the way, what is the best way to find the new thread you spoke of?
Old 07-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #68  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
wuv2bloved Thanks for the tip, we shall see if it works. By the way, what is the best way to find the new thread you spoke of?

here ya go http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...louisiana.html
Old 07-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by condanchri View Post
I am a "somewhat newbie" in that I've started IP a few time now, but have not been able to get to that 10 day mark without messing it up. I am jumping back on the wagon today - my health will not hold out much longer (not to mention my knees), so I have no other options but to succeed. I do have a question though: I've noticed a few of you are doing IP with your spouse (I am a gal, but am thinking of asking my hubby to do IP with me this time) - how is that working for you? I have much more to loose than my hubs, and I know guys tend to loose much faster than gals do. Any info/experience/advice would be appreciated as to how it's working out to do the program with your spouse.

It's been so great reading all of your stories and successes - very encouraging!!!
Good for you making the decision to "jump back on the wagon" Definately doing this program with my husband has made the world of difference for me in my success. I've tried many diets and he never followed along and then would judge me on if I was cheating or not which made me upset and and angry which then I would eat!! My husband only has about 20-25 pounds to loose and myself 68 pounds. He doesn't follow it as stricked as I do. For example, he eats breakfast,lunch and dinner on IP, but 2 nights a week he is in a golf and softball league and he will have a beer or 2 with the guys. I'm so thankful that he is being soooo supportive this time and we are actually having fun doing this together. Good luck to you and please ask for ideas from everyone on this post. I'm a newbie but I feel so strongly about this program and have heard and seen such great success, I know you can do it. Fondly Jan
Old 07-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #70  

Red face newbee too

Hi,

I started a low carb diet 2 1/2 weeks ago and seem to be doing ok. I have 3 friends doing IP and have read a lot about it. Since I can't afford to go to a clinic, I am doing my own version-protein-meat chicken fish,protein drinks, veggies, lots of water , a little cheese and 3 olives a day-which is my treat vitamins and calcium! I have lost 16 lbs so far and don't feel hungary or the desire to grab the ice cream away from my son- as I would have in the past when dieting. I am 53 and just feel it is time to get rid of the baby fat-my son is 13! I enjoy the posts so much!!

Thanks,
Cindy
Old 07-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Day 5. Still struggling a little. Not quite as hungry all the time, but when the hunger comes . . . it comes!!

Anyway, couple of questions (I have asked a few of these elsewhere on IP threads but thought I would ask newbies also!):
- How many carbs / day can we have? I have been liberal with my veggies and my splenda packets and fear that I may be going over the limit for me to ensure I am in ketosis
- Any way to KNOW that I am in ketosis? I know the strips are old school and inaccurate, but I am not otherwise sure how to know. This is such a low cal diet that we should all be losing a minimum of 2 lbs per week just from the calorie restriction alone but I want to be sure I am using up my fat reserves at this point!
- Can we have Napa Cabbage (it is not on my list)?
- Can we use pepper, white pepper as much as we want?
- Why can we have unlimited lettuce (there are still carbs) but not unlimited veggies of similar values? Baby spinach for example is relatively low carb, high fiber and low calorie. Could we have unlimited spinach too?
- What to do if you have too many veggies in one day? Do you cut back the next day?
- Do you weight daily? If so, do you always see results? I had no drop in the scale this morning (unlike the last few days) so fear that my splendas and veggie combinations might not be doing the trick and don't want to be remiss if that's the case.

Ok, those are my questions for now. Hope everyone else is doing well! Happy Monday!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #72  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for asking those questions Coliep. I basically had the same ones. I "grazed" on veggies all day in addition to my lunch/dinner to stave off hunger. Did that mess me up? I also worried that I ate cauliflower as well as the chili, which are both on the higher carb, restrited list. ???

As far as ketosis, my experience in the past is the scale may not move but you have have lost inches. In addition to watching the scale, see how your clothes feel. Then the scale will catch up later.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 202/188/150

Height: 5'5

Does anyone use ketostrips to check their urine to see if they are in ketosis? I used them years ago when I was on Adkins but haven't tried them yet on IP.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #74  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
SOUND THE TRUMPET:

FIRST WEIGH IN: LOST 6.8 LBS. YEAH
Congrats, sorry for some reason I didn't get any notices over the weekend that there were replies so I thought the thread died for the weekend or I would have said something sooner.

Keep it up!!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #75  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
I have decided I will probably start on Thursday since I have terrible, frequent migraines. That way, if I get one, I can sleep a lot Saturday and Sunday. Wish me well.
We are here for you, I will be done with my first week by then so I will be a veteran lol.
Closed Thread