Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #61  

Just ate my first dark choc. pudding cake with WF caramel drizzled on top. It was delish! I didn't even wait for it to cool. LOL
Old 07-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #62  
THB

S/C/G: 244/191/180

Height: 5.6

Trying to hang in there this week, my weight loss slowed down and I am constanly having to remind myself of the big picture. I am not sure how my expectations got so high for weigh in, normally 2lbs loss in a week would not have me depressed. I need to shift my thinking.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #63  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan
My honest opinion: I gained weight back because I don't think I was 100% ready at the time. It's a lifestyle change you have to be ready for. I was 150 something starting out and 137 when I "gave up". I started thinking about "when I'm X pounds down I'm going to have a cheat day, and then one day I just kept cheating. My diet coach also quit in the middle so I think the support I needed was lacking.

I am starting again next week and I am 100% committed this time. My life isn't going to revolve around food at social events, it's going to revolve around the experience and the people I'm with.
Like you said it is very expensive, but it's worth it if you stick through it through phase 4 and learn how to balance. ...I think our life is priceless and precious and worth the cost.
This is so key. I think any of us who are going through this process with the goal of cheating or resuming old eating habits at the end is in danger. I find that I enjoy eating this way and I want to keep doing it. It's odd that I want a salad for a snack rather than potato chips, but I'm ok with it I'm a little afraid of eating the things I have been avoiding. I figure that can be good- keep me honest.
A slip is a slip- maybe I gain some weight back and have to go to Phase 1 for a while. I know that I will never again take my eye off the goal- maintaining a healthy weight for life.

Last edited by M0vingon; 07-07-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: why aren't quotes working?
Old 07-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Ok I have been reading for a couple of months many posts. I have a concern and I want complete honesty. I have read several posts that say "I am back on IP after weeks or months off and I have regained most (or all) of the weight back. Is this because of not following a reasonable diet and exercise program or does this diet IP set you up to gain it all back because it is restrictive. PLEASE be honest when replying, because if it is the latter why do the diet, it is very expensive. NOTE: I have only been on IP for 1 week, I will weigh in tomorrow and I have not even thought about cheating. Thanks in advance for your experiences.
My honest opinion: I gained weight back because I don't think I was 100% ready at the time. It's a lifestyle change you have to be ready for. I was 150 something starting out and 137 when I "gave up". I started thinking about "when I'm X pounds down I'm going to have a cheat day, and then one day I just kept cheating. My diet coach also quit in the middle so I think the support I needed was lacking.

I am starting again next week and I am 100% committed this time. My life isn't going to revolve around food at social events, it's going to revolve around the experience and the people I'm with.
Like you said it is very expensive, but it's worth it if you stick through it through phase 4 and learn how to balance. ...I think our life is priceless and precious and worth the cost.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
I am so sorry about your Yorkie!! Thank goodness he will be okay. I get very attached to my animals. They are part of my family.

Congrats on the SUPER weight loss!!!!
thoughts and prayers... I lost my first and only dog last year, a yorkie named Shortcake (shorty) she got blood cancer, she died so fast. Feel blessed you still have your baby. And hang in there on the diet, don't let the stress and sadness cause you to eat. You will be happy you stayed strong for yourself and your baby.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Just ate my first dark choc. pudding cake with WF caramel drizzled on top. It was delish! I didn't even wait for it to cool. LOL
Is the dk chocolate pudding cake from IP or an alternative company? thanks
Old 07-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post

Thank you and others for your honest. I just wondered if after Phase IV if I can occasionally have a sweet potato or a serving of pasta without gaining weight, because if I can't I might as well quit now. I could not live my whole life without some carbs, oh yeah and blueberries and strawberries and greek yogurt. Just very curious to see someone's eating diary after Phase IV ( a maintainer, not gainer)
Old 07-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #68  

Quote:
Thank you and others for your honest. I just wondered if after Phase IV if I can occasionally have a sweet potato or a serving of pasta without gaining weight, because if I can't I might as well quit now. I could not live my whole life without some carbs, oh yeah and blueberries and strawberries and greek yogurt. Just very curious to see someone's eating diary after Phase IV ( a maintainer, not gainer)
Yes you will, don't worry or obsess too much on what you miss, that's where I went wrong. And now I feel so gross and bloated when I eat chips or too many carbs. Just wait till phase 3 and 4 you will be reintroduced to fruit, whole grains, etc. and you do get a :"cheat" once a week. You just won't eat pancakes for breakfast and club sandwich for lunch and a burger and fries for dinner.

I'm so excited to get back on track and to have found this forum, I think it will help me because I KNOW it has helped you all.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Yes you will, don't worry or obsess too much on what you miss, that's where I went wrong. And now I feel so gross and bloated when I eat chips or too many carbs. Just wait till phase 3 and 4 you will be reintroduced to fruit, whole grains, etc. and you do get a :"cheat" once a week. You just won't eat pancakes for breakfast and club sandwich for lunch and a burger and fries for dinner.

I'm so excited to get back on track and to have found this forum, I think it will help me because I KNOW it has helped you all.
Thanks for responding, I feel soooo much better about it now. Tomorrow is my first weight in and I have not cheated at all, haven't even thought about cheating. Although I didn't cheat on WW and didn't lose, maybe .1 or .2 a week that is why I quit. I do have hypothyroid and take meds, but my doc says I still should lose. Can't wait to post tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #70  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Gooooooood Morning from Port Hardy!! What a gloriously grey overcast day it is today!!!

Last night was day the end of day 3 for me...and boy oh boy..did i have a crappy sleep... I was freezing alllllll night.. I was in two big comforters plus pants and a shirt..and just freezing!!!

Good news..im officially down 8 pounds in 4 days!! woot woot!!...yah baby...So happpy..its been so much work..lol..okay.. i dont call eating chocolate pudding every evening work!!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 132.5/116.2/120

I had a good weigh in today. Lost .5 on Phase III and I wasn't even expecting that. I thought I would just be the same. I told my coach that I just want to stay on Phase III ( I have one more week) and she said that wasmok but next week she wants to go over Phase IV so I know what I can have and when.

What I find amazing is that I was a total carbaholic before I started IP and was craving them the first few weeks, but now I'm fine not eating them ( except for breakfast now) and have no desire for pasta, rice or potatoes.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #72  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

[QUOTE=Sherwood;3924968]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
Good Morning everyone!

http://waldenfarms.ca/ sells to individuals - the shipping costs are high, so order a big supply because then shipping is more reasonable. We get the salad dressings in bottles and in individual packets. I order for myself and a couple of friends, they love the stuff and it helps keep the shipping costs more reasonable. They have an onion dip for veggies that is amazing!! And we love the BBQ sauces as well. Our local Sobey's carries a few of the dressings, but not the packets.
Do a google search for "walden farms coupons" I found one for buy 5 get 5 free with free shipping. You have to love a deal!!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #73  

Quote:
Is the dk chocolate pudding cake from IP or an alternative company? thanks
It was from IP!
Old 07-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
Yay! I lost .8 lbs yesterday. I'm not exactly at 152! WoohTah!

So I'm sure this has been overasked, but What's so bad about aspertame? I get Wal-Mart's Clear American Carbonated flavored water, and it's 0/0/0 w/ 0 sodium, but has aspertame. It's getting me through all the water I have to drink so to hear that aspertame is a no-no is a big let down -_-()
Aspertame has been linked to cancer, but then again so have many many other things. I was left with the impression that you don't want carbonation. Can anyone confirm or deny that?
Old 07-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #75  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=redhead14;3925233]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post

Do a google search for "walden farms coupons" I found one for buy 5 get 5 free with free shipping. You have to love a deal!!
WHAAAAAT? I hate when I buy a bunch of stuff then there's a better deal after!! lol
Closed Thread