Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #46  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbi40 View Post
I think with any kind of diet that the maintenance is probably the most important. I have lost many pounds on different diets in the past and once I got to my goal I went right back to eating the way I did in the first place, only to put the wieght back on, mostly because there wasnt a good prgram in place to teach me how to maintain. So this time I am really going to commit to sticking to the maintenance for good. From what I've been reading on this forum, the people who have maintained their weight have really changed their eating habits for good. And when they do have cheats and put on a few pounds they immediately go back to Phase one, get things back in check and then continue on maintenance phase. So I really think it is a lifestyle change that has to be embraced for the rest of your life if you want to keep the weight off.
This! I chose IP for 2 reasons 1) because I've been on 3FC for a long time and I have seen so many people lose a lot of weight on the program, 2) the maintenance phase! I too have lost a lot of weight before and gained it all (and usually more) back. I have never been successful at maintenance, so phase 4 is a huge bonus for me. I need that structure.

Happy Thursday! I'm only working 2 days this week and I'm already waiting for the weekend. Terrible.

I'm dealing with body image issues today. I'm wearing a cute outfit with a pair of pants that I bought 4 years ago and haven't worn and a top that is getting slightly big on me- and a belt! yes I tucked in my shirt and wore a belt for the first time in years. Overall, I feel cute, but my lower tummy pooch is just bringing me down. I know it's not going to go away because I had 2- 10 b kids and 2 c-sections and it's a lot of skin (sorry TMI). Every time I look in the mirror, that pooch is all I see.

I'm trying to be realistic and not fixate on one part of my body, but man, it's a struggle today!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Talking Walden Farms Products in Canada

[QUOTE=Lorette;3924575]Good Morning everyone!

http://waldenfarms.ca/ sells to individuals - the shipping costs are high, so order a big supply because then shipping is more reasonable. We get the salad dressings in bottles and in individual packets. I order for myself and a couple of friends, they love the stuff and it helps keep the shipping costs more reasonable. They have an onion dip for veggies that is amazing!! And we love the BBQ sauces as well. Our local Sobey's carries a few of the dressings, but not the packets.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #48  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

Not a great WI today but it could be worse. 1 lb down for a total of 18. My unofficial first thing in the morning scales show me at a bit over 21 down and my weekly average chart is now at 20+lb down. Fat % is down as well, so the signs are good. I was hoping for a better WI, but that's the way it goes. I'm looking toward next week.

Now off to create a salad!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=Pxlkitty4;3924902]Just wanted to let everyone know that I feel "thin" today. I've felt terrible the past few days, with PMS and then TOM showing up yesterday morning. I am only 8 lbs from goal, and one pound away from another another dancing sheep! My size 8's feel roomy today.
QUOTE]

Way to go! I feel skinny too. can't wait till I am in a size 8 as well! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #50  

Hi all! Today is the day I try making the pudding cakes! I just bought some WF caramel at the health food store so I am doing the dark choc. with caramel. Sounds yummy! I am still waiting for my surge of energy to hit me, still feeling sluggish!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
I've been searching the threads for the "pudding cookies" recipe that came up after the "pudding cakes" but can't seem to find it. Anybody know where it's hiding?
The thread is for pudding cakes only, but there was conversation somewhere, where Jordana was saying she was going camping and was going to miss out on the s'mores. Someone in that thread mentioned about making the cakes into cookies. Maybe if you do a search on "camping" or "s'mores" you might be able to locate. My gut feeling is that it was in a daily chat thread. If you happen to find it, would you mind putting in the recipes #2 sticky, so it can be easily located in the future?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #52  

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=Pxlkitty4;3924902]J ust wanted to let everyone know that I feel "thin" today. I've felt terrible the past few days, with PMS and then TOM showing up yesterday morning. I am only 8 lbs from goal, and one pound away from another another dancing sheep! My size 8's feel roomy today.
QUOTE]

Can't wait to be 8 pounds from goal! Woohoo for you!

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 07-07-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

Height: 5'5"

Im on day four and I didnt get much info from my coach when I started. She just gave me the handouts and about 35 different packets ( a few bars, chips, RTD and puddings too) which is nice because Ive been able to try lots of different things so that I'll know what I like and what I dont. However, Im not sure what is restricted and what isnt, and on one of the handouts it says not to have any restricted the first 3 weeks. And Im not sure how many I should be eating a day. Right now Im doing 4 a day. Also can I eat peppers?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #54  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Yay! I lost .8 lbs yesterday. I'm not exactly at 152! WoohTah!

So I'm sure this has been overasked, but What's so bad about aspertame? I get Wal-Mart's Clear American Carbonated flavored water, and it's 0/0/0 w/ 0 sodium, but has aspertame. It's getting me through all the water I have to drink so to hear that aspertame is a no-no is a big let down -_-()

I too noticed that many people go on this diet and gain the weight back, ending up going on the diet again, but isn't the point of the diet to teach you how to not eat badly anymore? I guess it's just a personal choice on whoever decides to eat badly again and gain all the weight back.

first NSV today (along with a SV lol) was that I lifted my shirt up and saw my tummy is getting shapely! I think I may see some abs in there somewhere! I'm excited to show my sister when she gets back from Fiji on Saturday

Down 6.8 lbs so far! Yay me! And yay everyone else with thier victories as well! I'm so happy for all of us!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #55  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
Not a great WI today but it could be worse. 1 lb down for a total of 18. My unofficial first thing in the morning scales show me at a bit over 21 down and my weekly average chart is now at 20+lb down. Fat % is down as well, so the signs are good. I was hoping for a better WI, but that's the way it goes. I'm looking toward next week.

Now off to create a salad!
Way to go! 20 is like my ideal number. I can't wait to hit it because I feel I'll finally be getting comments (vain huh) and saying you've lost 20 pounds sounds like so much more than 10!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Found it!

And idea to have your own s'mores:

So in experimenting, I made pudding cookies instead of the cakes.

Prep is following the pudding cake recipe with some changes:

oven at 375

1 egg white (I think I used slightly more because I have a carton and used 4tbsp and it says 3tbsp is one egg white)
2 oz water
fold in pudding packet

on cookie sheet (with wax paper or with pam) spoon (I used a tbsp measure) mixture onto sheet and spread in a flat circle (if you just mound it you will get little puffs)

cook at 350 for 20 to 30 min
half way through, flip the 'cookies' over and squish down with a spatula (they will puff up during cooking)

They are crispy first out of the oven, but get chewy over time. They keep well tho.

You could make a few of these ahead of time. Bring them in a baggy and when at camping reheat/recrisp by the fire.

Add a touch of WF Marshmallow and WF chocolate and sandwich.

Not a perfect s'more, but close.

Hmmm... this makes me want to try it now.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey all....

It's so interesting to see how each clinic is doing it different! I have only ever had 2 shakes and a bar and I have been on this for 8 weeks now. I have never had soups, omelets, chips or any other type of IP foods?! With the exception of trying a pudding and also I rotate the colygen drink. It's weird to me! I don't know, just thought I would throw it out there...
Old 07-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Found it!

And idea to have your own s'mores:

So in experimenting, I made pudding cookies instead of the cakes.

Prep is following the pudding cake recipe with some changes:

oven at 375

1 egg white (I think I used slightly more because I have a carton and used 4tbsp and it says 3tbsp is one egg white)
2 oz water
fold in pudding packet

on cookie sheet (with wax paper or with pam) spoon (I used a tbsp measure) mixture onto sheet and spread in a flat circle (if you just mound it you will get little puffs)

cook at 350 for 20 to 30 min
half way through, flip the 'cookies' over and squish down with a spatula (they will puff up during cooking)

They are crispy first out of the oven, but get chewy over time. They keep well tho.

You could make a few of these ahead of time. Bring them in a baggy and when at camping reheat/recrisp by the fire.

Add a touch of WF Marshmallow and WF chocolate and sandwich.

Not a perfect s'more, but close.

Hmmm... this makes me want to try it now.
Hooray!! Thanks so much! Trying to prepare for the weekend, I need go-to goodies instead of the cake at the wedding I'm going to on Saturday!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #59  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

I really wish my clinic would let me do different packets instead of buying a whole box on one thing for the whole week. I read so many people get to do that and it makes me so jealous haha
And also I think it's bull that if you buy the rtd shakes that there's only 6, but it's the same dang price as everything else with seven days worth! ARGH that's a rip off! but they are good
Had to get that off my chest
Old 07-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #60  

Default Curious

Has anyone tried the Stevia soda Zevia?
Closed Thread