Old 07-10-2011, 04:18 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

I started last Sunday (7/3), so today will actually be Day 8 for me. I have stayed OP ALL WEEK! No cheats! And I can honestly say there were some tests. I made Buffalo Chili for my family the other night, one of my absolute favorite meals... nope, I didn't touch it. I made myself a buffalo burger with Mrs. Dash (yeah me!). I picked up pizza & breadsticks with cheese last night for the hubby & kids... nope didn't touch it, I made talapia (yeah me!). And that is only two challenges, there were many more.

Very, very proud of myself. I talked myself through it & I did it. I have so much fruit in my house, it is insane. So I do find myself missing it. But when I look at the bigger picture, I want the reward, the new improved me.
I am not ridding myself of these items forever, I am retraining myself on how to eat those items in moderation.

So when it is all said & done I can really eat those items and appreciate the taste, etc. but know how to eat them & enjoy them without indulging.

I have been on the scale several times in the last week. Everytime I got on, it showed a weight loss. Until the day I had to WI, it showed a 2 lb gain from teh day before. In the past with WW, if I did that I would skip my WI altogether. But, I figured I have to be true to myself & I need to get some more packets, so I am going in no matter what my scale says... and when I got to the office for WI... it showed me down 2 lbs not up!

So once again....

Yeah me, yeah all of you who are keeping up the good work!
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #47  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Day 6 finished OP..beginning Day 7.

Sunshine..You sound like me. I bought pizza for my family and cooked cod for me. I went to lunch with my family and ate a green salad. I also miss fruit..especially now that we are in the strawberry season.
Good for you on the weight loss. The scales are a mystery..I can vary 1-3 pounds on different scales.

I am down 2 pounds today on my scale..hope it stays!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #48  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I've been completely op for 12 days and going strong. The longer you go the easier it gets, or so I believe. Don't eat the same things over and over or you will crash and burn. Be creative. Once you get through a week and see how much better you feel you won't have all those cravings. Not saying when the family eats pizza it doesn't look delish. I just know I will feel much better if I stick to my healthy food rather than the greasy stuff. Make sure your head is in it and you will do just fine. Plan plan plan!

Very wise words for an IP youngster! Smile. I have to admit though that I've met some that are more successful if they limit their selections and just be consistent. I guess we are all just plain different.

Pizza? Did someone say Pizza? If you do a search on Recipes #2 thread you'll find recipes for Taco Pizza and Thai Pizza with suggestions for others on how to use your own fixings. The only thing that will really be missing is cheese and I've found that if you'll use the IP tomato soup mix (some of it) for your pizza sauce, it has cheese in it and kind of a pizza sort of flavor. Add mushrooms, green onions, pepperoni (check for sugar and corn syrup in the ingreds list), or any other toppings you like. Then sprinkle with extra garlic and sea salt which sort of simulate the flavors we are craving when we want cheese... Voila! Your family will be asking for yours instead of theirs. LOL! BTW, for those wondering, the IP Crepe packet is used for the crust. Again, find the instructions in the IP Recipes Thread #2. Happy Tummies...
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #49  
Maile

Thanks for the recipe..I do miss pizza!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #50  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Congrats on winning the 7 day challenge!!! yay!! Thats awesome.. i myself have suprassed temptation..and im on day 7 right now..hoping to make it through on to another week.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:36 AM   #51  
Porthardygurl

Okay i blew it!!! BOOOOOOOO my parents took us out to dinner..and i chose a gluten free very thin crust pizza that had bacon pieces avocado and cheese on it..I dont feel too guilty..but im going to do my pudding pack tonite before bed because that way i will feel routine so it will make it easier to jump back into routine tommorow...

So onward to a new 7 day challenge..
Old 07-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #52  
Maile

I think the hardest times are when we socialize and eat out with others.
Getting your pudding ready to go is good to jump back in the routine.
I am going to lunch with a friend today and am already trying to figure out a restaurant that I can stay OP.
See you on the new 7 Day Challenge!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #53  
Porthardygurl

Moderator, this thread can be closed as we have a new thread for this week..thank you!