Old 07-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 139/124/125

Height: 5" 4"

Default what to do after a cheat?

I am embarrased to admit that I had a major cheat tonight....I am currently in the first week of phase 3 and was sooo hungry and craving sugar today that I ate a whole dairy queen blizzard this evening what do I do now? phase 1 or 2 for a few days? i really hope i didn't mess things up. Thanks for the advice
fowegrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #2  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowegrel View Post
I am embarrased to admit that I had a major cheat tonight....I am currently in the first week of phase 3 and was sooo hungry and craving sugar today that I ate a whole dairy queen blizzard this evening what do I do now? phase 1 or 2 for a few days? i really hope i didn't mess things up. Thanks for the advice
You will crave sugar more that is for sure. I would go back to phase one for a day and then see how it goes. Try phase 3 again. there should have been something that triggered your craving, maybe go over what you have been eating. I would prepare to have some sweet packets on hand in case it happens again you can have a frozen pudding pop, or a baked pudding or whatever you prefer.

You have to forgive yourself and move on. Phase three is teaching you how to get back to eating carbs and maybe curb back a little on that... good luck and you got this far you know what you are doing.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:32 AM   #3  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

You had a major cheat!!!! WELLL....THE CARB POLICE IS COMIN TO GETCHYA!!!!! ...lololololo (kidding)..

You need to learn to laugh at the mistakes in life....cause we screw up from time to time and if you can laugh and lighten up when it happens..then its easier to move on and pick yourself back up and put yourself back on track..So..forgive and move on...

Lighten up!! Get it!!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
You will crave sugar more that is for sure. I would go back to phase one for a day and then see how it goes. Try phase 3 again. there should have been something that triggered your craving, maybe go over what you have been eating. I would prepare to have some sweet packets on hand in case it happens again you can have a frozen pudding pop, or a baked pudding or whatever you prefer.

You have to forgive yourself and move on. Phase three is teaching you how to get back to eating carbs and maybe curb back a little on that... good luck and you got this far you know what you are doing.
Ditto this!
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

You didn't mess up Yep, anytime this happens, just go back to 1 day of phase 1 (or 2) and there should be no fat gains that way. If it is a really big cheat, do 2 days of it. Good job getting to your goal!!

Last edited by serendipityberry; 07-03-2011 at 12:08 AM.
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I've had plenty of those days. You're not alone! Forgive yourself, try and determine why you did it and see what you can do differently. I'd agree with phase 1 for a day or two and see how you feel. Don't punish yourself! Learning to eat differently is hard! Everyone stumbles a little.
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 139/124/125

Height: 5" 4"

thank you all for your advice (and laughs I ended up weighing myself this morning and hadn't gained any, so I decided just to stay with phase 3 and move on.....not sure what triggered it, guess I will work on trying to figure it out. I LOVE the phase 3 breakfasts so was glad not to have to give them up even for a day!!
fowegrel is offline   Reply With Quote