Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 01:49 AM   #91  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
I must have missed that post! I just had an IP raspberry jello as my third packet of the day. What do you mean it's free? I don't get it.
I was questionning it too. I was reading some posts about it earlier on this thread. And some people are saying that the jello is free. As in your body doesn't absorb the protein in it. Not sure why. But I've always had the jello as a packet for the day. I'm not sure exactly if it's true. I will definitely ask my coach about it when I see her next. But if anybody can clarify this, it would be great.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I've been in the race to 159 for weeks, and this morning my scale said 159.5...

I have the day off today and I'm going to get highlights. This afternoon, I have a massage scheduled because I have terrible lower back pain. I can't think of a better day to have reached this goal.

I haven't seen 150-anything since high school...
YAY! I am so happy for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan kay View Post
Dr. Jekyll, Mrs. Hyde, and a Vegetable

These are the sequence of what I am over the time of each day.

Every morning, I get a bit lightheaded, which seems to have some ennobling quality, making me feel meditative and optimistic.

Every afternoon, it goes downhill. About five, I turn into a snappy fire-breathing monster. Only the first bite of dinner can placate this monster.

After dinner, I simply vegetate until bedtime, too full to do anything.

Do I have any hope of regaining peace with myself that lasts throughout the day?
While I still have good days and bad days, It gets easier, and it all becomes a part of your life.

Maybe there is something you could do in the afternoon to lift your spirits? A cup of tea? Some stretching or light exercise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilli71 View Post
I'm new to the forum (and a guy - hope that is ok) and just weighed in today for first time. I started on Monday, but had to weigh today in order to get my food for next week and the July 4th holiday. Anyway - I lost 5 lbs in 5 days and lost 2 inches off my waist! I started at 283 and am now at 278!
Welcome!! Great job on your first five days!
Old 07-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

I was up early this morning. I just can't sleep in anymore since being on this diet!!! At least it gave me a chance to get caught up on weekend posts!

First day of our "staycation" yesterday, we got our house and yard work done (well, done enough anyways). We were going to have chicken and peppers on the grill, but a huge storm blew in, so we made it in the oven. I marinated chicken in lime juice, and rubbed with Mrs. Dash fiesta lime. It was good, but it would have been better on the grill. Everything's better on the grill isn't it? My grill gets a lot more use now. I always let my husband grill, but since IP, I learned how to use it, and use it every chance I get!

Plan for today is to lay out in the sun, and swim in the pool! Laying out reminds me of being a teenager, when time wasn't such a luxury. I bought a new stars and stripes bikini just for this weekend, and I am going to lay in the sun, and do NOTHING!!! Tonight, many people in our little neighborhood are letting off fireworks, including us. The neighbors are roasting a hog, and having a party. I am having a steak on the grill. It will be lots of fun! Tomorrow, will be me cleaning all of the firework debris out of the pool.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #94  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Welcome....where in South La are you located??....I am in Gulfport MS
Hey there my fellow cajun! Got your PM but due to low post count, I am unable to reply.

I am just below Baton Rouge and up I-10 from New Orleans, where I am originally from.

Much thanks to everyone for the very nice "pats on my back". It feel so good. Today is going to be an excellent day....
Old 07-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

I survived the first 4th of july cookout of the weekend. I ate my lunch before I went so I would only have to deal with dinner. I was hoping they would have had chicken but I ended up with a hot dog. There were no veggies to speak of but I was able to contain myself from the potato salads and desserts.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like everyone is doing great this holiday weekend! I am heading out to the store soon, but I wanted to post my current week's loss. I haven't had a week this good since I first started - down 4.2 pounds!!! I don't know what I did differently... maybe b/c TOM is over? I probably also did extra well because I thought I wasn't 100% while on vacation, so this past week, I made sure I didn't allow any small cheats or extras.

I'm heading out of town a week from today for a 4 day conference, so I'll need to plan ahead and make sure I don't have any reason to not stay IP.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 07-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #97  

Height: 5'4"

Well I was just full of NSVs last night. We had our first 4th party and there was food galore. Chips, dips, cheesy potatoes, which my hubby said were awesome, hey thanks dear! They even had cake and they've never had cake at this party. I go every year! While they were raving over how yummy it was I was wishing I had a bar in my purse. I didn't cave even one bit and ran home to grab "something" just so I could have a bar. (Nobody there knows I'm doing this.) I had a burger with lettuce, onion and a little homemade salsa and then was kicking myself because I didn't know what was in the salsa but it wasn't the worst I could've done with ALL THAT FOOD!

After that party we went to another and I was the ONLY one drinking water. Everyone else was drinking beer. Go me! At that party there were a few birthday guys so we all went to the bar for a few "birthday beers" and I had water on the rocks! Got some strange looks and attitude from some but I'm not a big drinker so some didn't even question it.

I have a question about TOM for all of you. Sorry guys! I haven't been late since having my IUD out in January. In fact, a couple of times it came early. I am mostly 27 days but last month was 25. Yesterday was day 27! I'm getting really worried because it hasn't shown up yet. I was just wondering if my eating could've messed with it? I'm only in week 2 though. Let me know what you think and I will cross my fingers it's here today! I have been having little losses for a week (.8,.2,0) and this morning I was down 1.8 so maybe that means it's coming today? What's your experience with IP and women's cycles?

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 07-03-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 163/144/135

Height: 5.5 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Hello everyone! I find these threads so interesting and one of these days I'll be a senior member and can post some good answers to questions!

I just ate some warm rhubarb sauce withIP vanilla pudding. I added stevia and cinnamon, it was delish!

Does anyone find that if they eat more fish opposed to other meat that they lose more weight? I'm just curious. thanks

BTW, I won the June facebook diet group I'm in. Woohoo, now I can buy more IP food! LOL.
Yeah!!! for you!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #99  
Started IP June 14, 2011

S/C/G: 274/248/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I had a big NSV for me yesterday. Instead of feeling like eating off plan and like cheating I feel like not eating the crap I used to is protecting my body. I felt so awful when I did eat stuff "not allowed" and so good when I eat OP. It's such a fantastic discovery and yesterday was such a difference it felt almost magical, lol! I'm still holding at 159 in the am, can't wait to see the number drop!
I totally feel the same way. We went to Dennys the other day after an afternoon of outlet shopping and everything on the menu looked so heavy and disgusting. The tilapia and broccoli were just downright delicious though! It has made me think so much about the crap I put in my mouth and makes me make the right choices.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #100  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Scale said 158.5 this morning after i was cranky and felt deprived all day yesterday. I didn't cheat, but watched hubby and son eat loads of calories ALL DAY LONG! We went to the mall and ended up eating lunch there. I had a classic salad from Panera and wandered over the Chinese place and got an order of steamed veggies... It IS possible to eat well at the mall, just have to work at it.

I am hoping that the 150s don't torture me like the 160s did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
I was questionning it too. I was reading some posts about it earlier on this thread. And some people are saying that the jello is free. As in your body doesn't absorb the protein in it. Not sure why. But I've always had the jello as a packet for the day. I'm not sure exactly if it's true. I will definitely ask my coach about it when I see her next. But if anybody can clarify this, it would be great.
I don't understnad the reasoning... I know that collagen isn't absorbed through the skin, which is why people eat it rather than use it in topical skin treatments... but I think that the protein is absorbed if you eat it...
Old 07-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #101  

I'm wondering if people are talking about regular Jello brand sugar-free jello as being free?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'6'

I got on the scale this am and it hadn't dropped at all in 5 days. very frustrating!! I haven't cheated at all and i'm not sure why its not dropping. I haven't had TOM in 3 months due to going off nuvaring and I'm wondering if that is messing me up. Anyone have this experience? I took a hormone pill over a month ago and it still didn't give me TOM. Other than that I can only think of too much crystal light? Maybe a little too much veggies? I've stayed at 143.5 for about 9 days now. its soo weird.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #103  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Sunday everyone.

I'm just checking in to report that I am finally in Onderland. I stepped on the scale 5 times just to see the number. It's amazing how reaching this goal has renewed my motivation to get to my final goal weight.

Now you all won't have to hear about me obsessing anymore.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #104  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by laudie09 View Post
I got on the scale this am and it hadn't dropped at all in 5 days. very frustrating!! I haven't cheated at all and i'm not sure why its not dropping. I haven't had TOM in 3 months due to going off nuvaring and I'm wondering if that is messing me up. Anyone have this experience? I took a hormone pill over a month ago and it still didn't give me TOM. Other than that I can only think of too much crystal light? Maybe a little too much veggies? I've stayed at 143.5 for about 9 days now. its soo weird.
Actually I have not had any loss for 10 days.
In your case it may have something to do with the nuvaring and the crystal light. I cannot have the crystal light because I will not lose any weight.
In my case I was told I may need more protein. I think it may be different for each person.
I am adding more protein to see if that makes a difference.

Last edited by Watkat; 07-03-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
Actually I have not had any loss for 10 days.
In your case it may have something to do with the nuvaring and the crystal light. I cannot have the crystal light because I will not lose any weight.
In my case I was told I may need more protein. I think it may be different for each person.
I am adding more protein to see if that makes a difference.
interesting. are you doing phase 2 to up it or just adding another packet?
Closed Thread