Old 06-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #1  
Space Hamster

S/C/G: 175... 145/135/120

Height: 5'1"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, June 29

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
WijitingBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #2  
Space Hamster

S/C/G: 175... 145/135/120

Height: 5'1"

Didn't see this up yet, so figured I'd start one!

Good morning.

Today is WI6 for me. Once again not looking forward to it. My at home scale says I am about the same as last week (which is better than going up, but still discouraging).

I really need to figure out something I can do to get the scale moving in the right direction again because I am starting to lose my motivation and get very discouraged.
WijitingBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Good luck with your weigh in today WijitingBoo, hopefully you'll see that scale move and your coach will offer some advice. Remember what motivates you, sometimes it becomes blurry but you can do it!
Shanelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #4  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone!!

Thanks for starting the daily thread this morning WijitingBoo!!! I was hoping someone had started it. I've been up since 3:30 yesterday afternoon. I worked another night shift last night and I'm just getting home, having my last protein pudding of the day and headed to bed. It was pretty quiet at work last night, so I got to catch up on some posts and threads. Wow, there sure are alot of info out there and alot of success stories, it's great to read and very inspirational and motivating.

I have my WI #9 tomorrow afternoon, so let's hope for some good numbers. As last week wasn't that great if you check out my signature. Well hopefully everybody has a great day staying OP. I'm headed for a well needed sleep and I'll catch up later. Have a good one!!
JoAnne9597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

I am looking forward to the weekend! Woke up to sunshine in Alberta! Hopefully it decided to stick around for the long weekend, tired of rain...

Does this happen to you guys, I'm starting to be asked "so are you drinking this weekend?" Then when I say no, due to IP, I get a frown and "you're boring". I know that most times it's meant in fun but man am I getting tired of hearing that...of course I'd like a few drinks in the summer but right now my goal is soooooo much more important to me. Sometimes "a diet" doesn't seem like a big deal to some people, but such a big deal to those of us on one....

Besides that little vent...I hope everyone has a fantastic day OP!
Shanelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WijitingBoo View Post

Good morning.

Today is WI6 for me. Once again not looking forward to it. My at home scale says I am about the same as last week (which is better than going up, but still discouraging).

I really need to figure out something I can do to get the scale moving in the right direction again because I am starting to lose my motivation and get very discouraged.
Thanks for starting the thread! GL with your WI! Think light thoughts (feathers, air, etc)

I survived DS's birthday party. I managed to get rid of nearly all the cake by sending it home with people. I didn't care that I didn't have any- which is nice. Sometimes I feel like IP has released me from food slavery. (oh, so dramatic, I know) I did have a nice bar and a cup of tea after everyone had gone and the place was cleaned up. That was a little me time after a busy day.

Today is WI #11. I lost a total of 4.6 lbs from last week. I'm glad to see that mystery weight go- and take a couple of buddies with it. I'm 1.5 lbs away from Onderland.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:33 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WijitingBoo View Post

Good morning.

Good luck at your weigh in! I have mine tomorrow. (Although I just weigh at home because I do IP with other products.)

I have a question for everyone. *Sorry to any men reading the daily chat.* I am in my first week. My losses look like this (yes, I know I shouldn't weigh daily but I'm crazy like that).

Friday: Down 1.6
Saturday: Down 2.2
Sunday: Down 1.8
Monday: Down 0.4
Tuesday: Down 0
Wednesday: Down 0.2

I wanted to lose around 8 my first week but it doesn't look like that will happen. I am due for TOM anytime between Friday and Sunday so I was wondering if the decrease in losses might have anything to do with that. I've been op so it's discouraging when it happens in the 1st week already. Thanks for your help!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone!

Thank you wijitingboo for starting today's thread!
I have my WI tomorrow and I am pretty excited about it. The last 2 Wi have been pretty yucky and not really moved down..and I actually gained in inches (it was all bloating) and this week kept on track, started the cleanse and I feel MUCH better! I know I lost AT LEAST 2lbs and the inches are back where they should be...I think!! lol

I am going to ask the same question I asked yesterday as well as one I posted last week but no one answered..so here goes:
Has anyone of you already done the cleanse or heard about it? It's been working wonders on my and it is cleaning my body (lol). How much did you lose while on the cleanse and how did you feel once it was completed?

2nd question: Have any of you found the supplements we are taking (Natura I believe) in a another brand that is less expensive??? I talked to my coach about it and mentioned that money was getting tight and I don't want to go with alternative products but told her I may want to go shopping to find the exact vitamins a bit cheaper..and she said that we would have to check them out together making sure it was really the same. So if any of you have seen or heard of brands or smt...PLEASE let me know!!

CONGRATS on everyone who had an NSV / weight loss yesterday I was reading the posts this morning..WOUHOU so happy for you guys

For those who need encouragement..DO NOT GIVE UP beauties! Everything will get in order soon ..YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!

xox
CutieEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I survived DS's birthday party. I managed to get rid of nearly all the cake by sending it home with people. I didn't care that I didn't have any- which is nice. Sometimes I feel like IP has released me from food slavery. (oh, so dramatic, I know) I did have a nice bar and a cup of tea after everyone had gone and the place was cleaned up. That was a little me time after a busy day.

Today is WI #11. I lost a total of 4.6 lbs from last week. I'm glad to see that mystery weight go- and take a couple of buddies with it. I'm 1.5 lbs away from Onderland.
My friend who has gone through IP and been in maintenance for almost a year told me it will get easier and easier to let others eat the "crap" food while we are satisfied with the healthy stuff. I can't wait to get to that point. ANd way to go on your loss! I hope to pull those numbers in week 11 still!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/165/150

Height: 5'8

When I find myself asking why I'm losing out on all the "fun" from drinking alcohol, eating sugar and throwing all caution to the wind at family celebrations, I remember what's at the core of my eating the IP way - my health. Weight is secondary to me now. When you want to throw in the towel and succumb to a frosty beer, corn dog and ice cream at the next picnic, think about your long-term health goals.

I've been on IP since 2009 (losing 40 pounds and keeping much of it off) and rarely does a cheat measure up to how I think it will taste. We have a bakery nearby famous for its beautifully decorated cupcakes and cookies. Each time I've indulged in splitting something with my husband, I am so disappointed! Looks are usually deceiving!

My advice to anyone struggling with IP after a number of weeks is to revisit the health-related benefits of the program: less cancer, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, etc. Reading also helps: Suicide by Sugar; Good Calories, Bad Calories; Sugar Blues.
DCCyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #11  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Good morning everyone!
2nd question: Have any of you found the supplements we are taking (Natura I believe) in a another brand that is less expensive??? I talked to my coach about it and mentioned that money was getting tight and I don't want to go with alternative products but told her I may want to go shopping to find the exact vitamins a bit cheaper..and she said that we would have to check them out together making sure it was really the same. So if any of you have seen or heard of brands or smt...PLEASE let me know!!

xox
I have found very similar supplements at GNC http://www.gnc.com/home/index.jsp

I don't know if they are any cheaper than the IP products as I have not purchased any IP supplements separately from my first round of stuff.
I prefer the GNC Cal-Mag as they are 2/day rather than 4 and it is just easier.

My daughter found the Omega III at Costco - don't know if you have those in Canada or not.
kellyg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #12  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Thanks for starting the daily thread this morning WijitingBoo!!! I was hoping someone had started it. I've been up since 3:30 yesterday afternoon. I worked another night shift last night and I'm just getting home, having my last protein pudding of the day and headed to bed. It was pretty quiet at work last night, so I got to catch up on some posts and threads. Wow, there sure are alot of info out there and alot of success stories, it's great to read and very inspirational and motivating.

I have my WI #9 tomorrow afternoon, so let's hope for some good numbers. As last week wasn't that great if you check out my signature. Well hopefully everybody has a great day staying OP. I'm headed for a well needed sleep and I'll catch up later. Have a good one!!
Glad your night shift is going well. You asked about the pudding cake here is the shortcut...http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ding-cake.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanelle View Post
I am looking forward to the weekend! Woke up to sunshine in Alberta! Hopefully it decided to stick around for the long weekend, tired of rain...

Does this happen to you guys, I'm starting to be asked "so are you drinking this weekend?" Then when I say no, due to IP, I get a frown and "you're boring". I know that most times it's meant in fun but man am I getting tired of hearing that...of course I'd like a few drinks in the summer but right now my goal is soooooo much more important to me. Sometimes "a diet" doesn't seem like a big deal to some people, but such a big deal to those of us on one....

Besides that little vent...I hope everyone has a fantastic day OP!
Well techincally you drink every day, it is just water... Here is some recipes that might make you feel better when others are drinking around you.

Mojito Cocktail
Ingredients:
1 cup of Perrier
1 cup of Tap water
Sprinkle splenda to taste
3-4 leafs of fresh mint
1 splash of Mint Extract
3 splash of Rum Extract
Lemon juice

Directions:
Mix all this together with ice. This really taste like a mojito!

Bananas Mamas Cocktail
Ingredients:
2 splash of banana extract
1 splash of coconut extract
1 splash of rum extract
2-3 lemon slice
1 cup Perrier
1 cup tap water (well you can only put Perrier if you want)

Directions:
Mix all this together with crushed ice, add splenda to taste!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Thanks for starting the thread! GL with your WI! Think light thoughts (feathers, air, etc)

great job you are so close you will get it next week and you will be in.....onderland... it is great to get there it just makes you push harder to your goal. Have a great day.

The sun is shining here today too and I thought it was warm enough not to wear a jacket... now that I am cold most of the time I should have known better lucky I have a sweater at work... our office is always cold. sitting typing and have such cold fingers may need gloves... maybe as one of my goals get the fingerless gloves...
Congrats to everyone with NSV AND SVs. Welcome Newbies..
Today is the start of another wonderful day on IP.

Had an NSV at agility last night. One of the ladies I hadn't seen since Feb, saw me and was very impressed she said that I just look great. Always nice to hear especially when I don't think I am having such a great week. Talk later back to work.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:38 AM   #13  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good morning all, for those of you that take the ketostick tests, wheres a good "color" to be in? I tested last night for the first time and it said "Small". So I'm hoping to see what others are getting. Also if theres a good time of the day to test.....
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
I have found very similar supplements at GNC http://www.gnc.com/home/index.jsp

I don't know if they are any cheaper than the IP products as I have not purchased any IP supplements separately from my first round of stuff.
I prefer the GNC Cal-Mag as they are 2/day rather than 4 and it is just easier.

My daughter found the Omega III at Costco - don't know if you have those in Canada or not.
Thank you Kellyg53!!! We do have Costco and I was going there tonight so I will look for that as well as the other vitamins..I will compare the % of everything with my bottles. Right now I don't take the Omega 3...I will ask my coach about it tomorrow morning and see if I should be taking any! I hope not for now..I am taking SO many supplements in one day not only the regular intake but also the ones for the cleanse.
I will look at the site ..Thank you again
CutieEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 163/144/135

Height: 5.5 1/2

Good morning All! Had my WI yesterday and was happy to be down 4lbs. I was so excited to share with my coach all the recipes and info I have learned on this site. I have been emailing some of the recipes this morning. Just wanted to say "thanks" to you all. Not only are you taking care of yourself..you are helping others as well!!!
dawnmad is offline   Reply With Quote