Old 06-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #16  

I had the pancakes this morning, they were pretty good...a bit chewy but I'll take it! I did eaet them plain but since I'm going camping for 5 days up in the mountains I think I'll treat myself to some IP Syrup and have pancakes for breakfast along with everyone else!

Regarding ketostix - as long as you are showing trace amounts don't worry about the rest, the darker the stick is actually just shows a concentrated amount of ketones in your urine...usually meaning you're dehydrated. Some people even drink enough water to show no signs of ketosis at all. If you are following the program, you'll be in ketosis, and for newbies you'll know when you fall in because you will feel so much better, less hungry etc...

Omega's - Udo's Oil Omega's are a good supplement too I take 4000mg a day to help get my essential good fats and to keep my skin from drying out too much on this program.
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #17  
Space Hamster

S/C/G: 175... 145/135/120

Height: 5'1"

People keep saying that when you are in ketosis the hunger goes away... but I always feel hungry. Sometimes more so when there is food already in my stomach. I bought ketostix just to see if maybe I wasn't in it, but it shows a color between trace and small usually.

I feel broken. This hunger and my stomach eating itself is not pleasant.
WijitingBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Thanks for starting the thread! GL with your WI! Think light thoughts (feathers, air, etc)

I survived DS's birthday party. I managed to get rid of nearly all the cake by sending it home with people. I didn't care that I didn't have any- which is nice. Sometimes I feel like IP has released me from food slavery. (oh, so dramatic, I know) I did have a nice bar and a cup of tea after everyone had gone and the place was cleaned up. That was a little me time after a busy day.

Today is WI #11. I lost a total of 4.6 lbs from last week. I'm glad to see that mystery weight go- and take a couple of buddies with it. I'm 1.5 lbs away from Onderland.
way to go being strong through that cake situation! I know that would be a huge challenge for me, so I respect you for staying strong! Sounds like the B-day party was a great success! Way to go, Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Good morning all, for those of you that take the ketostick tests, wheres a good "color" to be in? I tested last night for the first time and it said "Small". So I'm hoping to see what others are getting. Also if theres a good time of the day to test.....
I am wondering the same thing! I test in the morning thinking it will be the most concentrated. I am never in ketosis!

Kellyg53, didn't you say you tested mid day for better results?

Today is a challenge for me because I started my morning picking up doughnuts for a client meeting. Then tonight I have a cocktail party for networking with other potential clients. It's hard to stay out of trouble when it is right there in front of you! I am so hungary right now, and I am just getting started for the day. I want to save my restricted untill late this afternoon since I will not be abel to eat at the party, but my stomach has been growling for an hour now. Anyone have any tricks to get through the day when your not at home?
Bickel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #19  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Morning to all!

Having a major battle with that internal little voice in head today. Want to tell it to shut up and go sit in the corner!
Am trying so hard to just believe in the process and have even made my mom take my scale for the week.

Reading all the posts help but everyone knows how loud that little voice can be some days, guess I need to go buy it a muzzle....HA!
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #20  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post

Regarding ketostix - as long as you are showing trace amounts don't worry about the rest, the darker the stick is actually just shows a concentrated amount of ketones in your urine...usually meaning you're dehydrated. Some people even drink enough water to show no signs of ketosis at all. If you are following the program, you'll be in ketosis, and for newbies you'll know when you fall in because you will feel so much better, less hungry etc...
Thanks, I didn't know if there should have been a certain color to maintain or not.
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #21  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good Morning to everyone, Just had my #8 WI and I must say I am a bit disappointed I had a GAIN just a little one .7lbs but I lost an inch. This is my FIRST gain since I started and I did nothing different at all. Its funny how our bodies play tricks on us when it comes to our weight. My coach said I may have gained some muscle not to worry about it but it still upsets me. When you stay OP 100% and have a gain, its just crazy!! I couldn't wait to get home to post this, I guess its my way of venting. AFTER I called and spoke to my mom for an hour on the phone ( I Love you Mom, thanks). She settled me down. Hopefully next week that will come off with a little more. Have a great day everyone!!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #22  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Yes, yes!!! You may show no signs at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
I am wondering the same thing! I test in the morning thinking it will be the most concentrated. I am never in ketosis!
I wouldn't worry... you are only eating between 700 and 900 calories per day on this diet. If you are following Phase 1 protocol to the letter, the ketostix are probably not showing anything because of the high amount of water that we drink.

I have never tested for ketosis in 16 weeks and I am down 42 lbs. Don't sweat the small stuff. Trust the program, and the weight will drop off... it has to. And you must be in ketosis because your body isn't getting enough calories from food to do anything other than be in ketosis.

Stressing about things will just lead your body to hold onto weight.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 06-29-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #23  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good Morning to everyone, Just had my #8 WI and I must say I am a bit disappointed I had a GAIN just a little one .7lbs but I lost an inch. This is my FIRST gain since I started and I did nothing different at all. Its funny how our bodies play tricks on us when it comes to our weight. My coach said I may have gained some muscle not to worry about it but it still upsets me. When you stay OP 100% and have a gain, its just crazy!! I couldn't wait to get home to post this, I guess its my way of venting. AFTER I called and spoke to my mom for an hour on the phone ( I Love you Mom, thanks). She settled me down. Hopefully next week that will come off with a little more. Have a great day everyone!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you had a tough weigh in. The thing about this diet is that you really can't control what your body will lose. If you were strictly counting calories you would have an idea of what to expect. I find that it is always a guessing game. I didn't have a good week last week - I think someone commented that our bodies are in recovery mode, they need some time to adjust to these changes. I think that you will have a fabulous week - make sure you post your next weigh in so we can all cheer for you!!!

Elissa
LaLibE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #24  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

As for the Keostix -

I find that testing mid-day works best for me or at least it did until today. First thing this AM the test was positive and stronger than other mornings. I just think that means that all this varies and there is little precision in the testing and all that.

I only test to feel positive about plan - it is just an added boost - nothing to get too worried about.

I think the most important thing as per Ketosis is to keep drinking plenty of water to keep the pressure off of one's kidneys. If keeping things flushed out is the goal, I must be doing pretty well!
kellyg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WijitingBoo View Post
Didn't see this up yet, so figured I'd start one!

Good morning.

Today is WI6 for me. Once again not looking forward to it. My at home scale says I am about the same as last week (which is better than going up, but still discouraging).

I really need to figure out something I can do to get the scale moving in the right direction again because I am starting to lose my motivation and get very discouraged.
Have you thought about moving to phase 2 yet? Talk to your coach about it and try eliminating your restricted and see if the increased fat and decreased carbs get your body into weight loss mode again...
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Had a great morning this morning!!! I thought I'd try on a few clothes I had hidden in a box that I hadnt worn in several years and 2 of the skirts I had FIT GREAT!!!!!!! I was super excited this morning!!!

Have WE #3 tonight....hoping for good results!! NOT going to eat dinner right before I go like I stupidly did last week!!!!!
Joyflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #27  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Good morning everyone!

Thank you wijitingboo for starting today's thread!
I have my WI tomorrow and I am pretty excited about it. The last 2 Wi have been pretty yucky and not really moved down..and I actually gained in inches (it was all bloating) and this week kept on track, started the cleanse and I feel MUCH better! I know I lost AT LEAST 2lbs and the inches are back where they should be...I think!! lol

I am going to ask the same question I asked yesterday as well as one I posted last week but no one answered..so here goes:
Has anyone of you already done the cleanse or heard about it? It's been working wonders on my and it is cleaning my body (lol). How much did you lose while on the cleanse and how did you feel once it was completed?

2nd question: Have any of you found the supplements we are taking (Natura I believe) in a another brand that is less expensive??? I talked to my coach about it and mentioned that money was getting tight and I don't want to go with alternative products but told her I may want to go shopping to find the exact vitamins a bit cheaper..and she said that we would have to check them out together making sure it was really the same. So if any of you have seen or heard of brands or smt...PLEASE let me know!!

CONGRATS on everyone who had an NSV / weight loss yesterday I was reading the posts this morning..WOUHOU so happy for you guys

For those who need encouragement..DO NOT GIVE UP beauties! Everything will get in order soon ..YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!

xox
Just go to drugstore.com and type in what you want. "Cal Mag" and it will pop up. Not a bad price either.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #28  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Today was a good WI appointment. Lost inches, gained lean, and lost fat on the BMI. Overall, 93lbs since starting IP on 12/29! I'm still constantly dehydrated on the BMI reading, but Dr. took a bunch of tests to see what's up with that last week.

Biggest news, I'm finally approved to go to Phase II! I'm so happy to be moving into some other phases. By end of July I should be going into maintenance! I see some light at the end of the tunnel!
Douger963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #29  
OP 6/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
Today was a good WI appointment. Lost inches, gained lean, and lost fat on the BMI. Overall, 93lbs since starting IP on 12/29! I'm still constantly dehydrated on the BMI reading, but Dr. took a bunch of tests to see what's up with that last week.

Biggest news, I'm finally approved to go to Phase II! I'm so happy to be moving into some other phases. By end of July I should be going into maintenance! I see some light at the end of the tunnel!
Congratulations!! That's more than light at the end of that tunnel, it is a new healthy life! It doesn't get much better than that. Stay strong.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #30  
OP 6/5/11

A NSV this morning. As I was leaving the hotel room to head to the seminary library for a day of research, I put on my back pack and thought I was going to lose my jeans - had to take up another notch in my belt, that is two now. Wooo Hooo!