Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetolose View Post
You made me laugh!! I have been daydreaming about different foods each week. Weird food that normally I don't want. One week it was McDonald nuggets. Then I wanted pizza and now I want a thick everything on it sandwich!! I pretty much tell myself to get back in the game!!

This past weekend went well but I am nervous about this up-coming weekend. I'm going out of town for the 4th and will be with people that love to eat good food. I know I can do this and these friends are really good supporters but still it is going to be difficult!!! I have a WI this afternoon and am hoping for a good lose (even though its TOM).

Good luck everyone!!!
Fortunately I never daydream about the same foods for very long, so there is no lasting temptation or anything. Just weird moments where I suddenly think "mmmm, philly cheese steak" or "mmmm, margarita." Gotta say I haven't really been hungry for fast food (except pizza of course). I am missing the buns & cheese on burgers though.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #62  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Someone please help me!

I have lost over 50lbs on IP and feel wonderful. But my thighs are not losing!! I went from a huge hour glass (more like a 48 hour glass) to a pear, and not a sexy one! My upper body is A LOT smaller than my hips, thighs and butt.

has this happened to anyone?? when do they catch up? I bought some shorts and became bummed out when I realized how massive my thighs are. (I have never worn shorts)
Old 06-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
Someone please help me!

I have lost over 50lbs on IP and feel wonderful. But my thighs are not losing!! I went from a huge hour glass (more like a 48 hour glass) to a pear, and not a sexy one! My upper body is A LOT smaller than my hips, thighs and butt.

has this happened to anyone?? when do they catch up? I bought some shorts and became bummed out when I realized how massive my thighs are. (I have never worn shorts)
My coach said to kind of expect this. She said that weight loss happens (with most people) from the top down. That's why you always notice it first in people's faces I guess. So I would say keep plugging along and hopefully it is just taking it's time getting below your waist. Good luck!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthesun View Post
its funny how everyone gets little bits and pieces of different info from coaches....I would think that with such a 'scientific plan', things would be more concrete to follow! I'm only on my first week but I'm trying to stay as strict as possible! I was told that I could have 2 extra 'light' pkgs. this week if need be, but I have a feeling this eating plan will be more successful if kept on a routine...therefore I dont want to start enjoying 4 drinks a day if im going to have to scale back next week! has anyone else heard that the extras are ok?
I was told if its not on the list--don't eat it...don't snack between meals..by the time your hungry its like your ready for another meal..
as close as you can stay on program and train yourself that you don't need food everytime you think about it.. usually your not starving its just a habit..
Good luck..I bet you'll do great...
Old 06-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #65  

Default San Antonio

Just a reminder if anyone is in the San Antonio Area I'm having a workshop July 5th - 6pm...at my new clinic...its exciting and I'm really looking forward to seeing the progress of the new members..they're really working it..

send me a message and I'll give you the address and phone number..
also if you're traveling give us a call we would love to meet the IPers from around the country....

Last edited by JudoGirl; 06-28-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
I haven't been posting much because I was getting so discouraged the past few days. The scale wasn't budging from last week's WI, and I thought I had thrown myself out of ketosis when I went out to Blackhawk (Like a mini-Las Vegas here in Colorado) with a friend on Sunday. We had a buffet dinner, and I did my best to stay OP, but the veggies tasted like they were buttered.

Anyway though. This morning, the scale finally jumped 2.5 pounds down. And I feel great all around. Now I am so motivated again. It's a good day.
I also won some money gambling, and so I put it aside for new clothes. I may buy one dress in my goal size to have something new to work towards.

On another note, I have a NSV to report. Since I started, I have been planning a cheat day in mid-July. This week is the first week when I thought about it, and instead of getting excited and impatient for it to come, actually think I wont do it anymore because I really don't want the food bad enough to ruin a week of the diet.

Have a great day everyone!!!
rethinking a cheat day is excellent...its not about being rewarded with food anymore...its about living and laughing and enjoying life and the new bodies...
make a fun list..
and everyweek you lose you pick one items from the list to buy...a few items on my list were..

goofy socks--new eye shadow--shirt-bra-nightgown-lipstick and depending how you feel doing something nice for you...even a smaller frying pan...

Excellent job...when I started I went thru Thanksgiving and didn't even sniff something I shouldn't eat...you can do it..
Old 06-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #67  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaCleg View Post
I read a lot that people snack on cucumbers during the day because it's a free food. I don't snack at all. My coach said no snacking except after dinner ( my last IP item) I eat like clockwork about every five hours. Do you reccommed snacking? I am not really hungry until right when I am supposed to eat and then I am ravenous..
If you're not hungry, don't snack! It will help train you to not eat if you are not genuinely hungry. Sounds like you're doing perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Good Morning all!

I've back on IP - again - and hopefully this time it sticks. I'm on day 3 today, and my ketone sticks are showing that I am definitely into ketosis. Unfortunately, I'm starving! My coach and I worked it out so I can have 1 restricted a day, right from the start (since I have so much weight to lose and I'm a diabetic) along with 3 packets. So, it's only 10am here, and I've eaten half my restricted already. I hoping that be eating only half now, and the other half at 3:30, I won't get too hungry and go overboard. Hunger is my main issue with this diet. Even when I made it three weeks, I was still starving. I tried the dill pickles, but somehow being able to eat a half jar at once doesn't seem OP to me! I'm allergic to eggs, so that option is out. I've tried lean sandwich meats - 50 grams at 35 calories, 0 fat, 0 carb, (forget the protein amount), but it still feels like I'm not OP and cheating. How does everyone else conquer hunger? I realize that by week 2 or 3 I shouldn't be hungry anymore, and this time I'm going to listen more closely to my body to make sure it's actual physical hunger, not mental hunger. But I'm scared that I'll be starving throughout this whole diet. I've committed to 6 months OP, and see what the weight loss is like before I commit to the goal weight, but my coach is thinking 10 months in total. That's a long time to be hungry. My willpower is so weak when I'm hungry, that it's too easy for my brain to say - forget it - and shovel food into my face. I've learned so far that I can't have the bars - they are way too easy to binge on. Also, I'm afraid of a repeat of last time - I did great in week 1 and lost 8 lbs, but then nothing for week 2 and 3 - even though I was so hungry all the time.

Sorry for the novel - just needed to share and get it all off my chest. Any tips, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Have a great OP day all!
Hot beverages help with that feeling of hunger. Lots of water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
In the FWIW department, I bought some Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey protein powder in the Chocolate Malt flavor as I needed some additional protein shakes to make it through this week because of my trip and not bringing enough stuff from home.
The powder mixes well but is not as tasty as the IP Chocolate. The IP seems to be a bit thicker and richer. I will try the Double Rich Chocolate whey powder next time as the Chocolate Malt is too sweet tasting for me (too bad as I really like Malt!). Another note: mixed with water, the ON whey is more on plan than the IP shake - less carbs and sugars - maybe that's why it doesn't taste as good!

Have a great day.
One thing that you might want to try mixing your protein shakes with to make them thicker is almond milk. 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk has 35 calories, 2.5 g of fat and 1 g of carbs (which is 1 g of fiber, not sugar, so really, 0 carbs). I mix it with my non-IP protein powder all the time because I like the thicker, richer consistency. Yum yum yum! Just make sure you get the unsweetened.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:09 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

I lost three pounds for the second week in a row!!!! Yay!!!! Goal is looming closer!!!! I can see it feel taste it!!!!! Strawberry pudding cakes are awesome!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #69  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
I lost three pounds for the second week in a row!!!! Yay!!!! Goal is looming closer!!!! I can see it feel taste it!!!!! Strawberry pudding cakes are awesome!!!
What are all these pudding cakes people are talking and raving about? Not sure I've seen them yet.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #70  

Height: 5' 5"

This thread is now closed.

Please place new posts on today's chat thread: IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, June 29
Closed Thread